What is your favourite novel?

For me, hands down -> Lolita

harold haze, tombstone arizona

What's it like collecting corpses?

I used to like Nabokov but now I know he is pretentious trash

I've tried to read Lolita, this sucks man. I prefer the ones in my native language, he did write simpler back then as well.

A Canticle for Leibowitz

You must disassociate an artist from his work.

You russian? Thoughts on Dostoe or Gogol being translated?

RINGS OF SATURN
I
N
G
S

The Virtue of Selfishness

I've been thinking of getting that, what's so good about it?

Why?

Anything I've read other than Lolita. This includes Harry Potter.

It's a mix between a travel journal and history book, author just walks around England discussing random topics. A reviewer said he "wrote like a ghost"

All Quiet on the Western Front

That's because your native language is the language of superstitious alcoholic peasants. Lucky for you, the Americans on this board seem to have a fascination for all things which seem exotic from the standpoint of their own wretched culture, out of some sort of inferiority complex towards any people with perceived as having a richer history, tradition, ethnical cohesion (not that hard to find, really).

Frankenstein

Flowering Nettles

Bump and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

The tree of knowledge, by Pío Baroja and La sombra del ciprés es alargada, by Miguel Delibes

Good post

brandon sanderson - the way of kings

> firends pronounce loli "lahli," like a lollipop
> try to explain it's "lolee," because Lolita complex.
> geez user, why do you know so much about loleys?

What kind of retarded pronounces lollipop as lahlipahp

The kind of people that act like children when sex comes up despite being in their 20s

it's got short uah sound in there, lälēˌpäp

>I've been saying lowlipop for all these years and nobody has bothered to correct me

Why is this world so cruel what else am I saying wrong

Op here. Lolita is in the dictionary and nabokov's name is too. Established himself as a master. The reason why I love this book so much is the way he tricks the reader in feeling sorry for Humbert Humbert, whereas he's basically a monster. And the word play is quite simply phenomenal. Pale Fire is equally good.

So said I had to stop to cry evrytime I really got into it

Quite honestly? I thought the movie was wayyyyy better than the book. Terrible writing. Same goes with The perks of being wallflower. The movie was good, the book was awful