Which is better, The Odyssey, or Gilgamesh, and why?

Which is better, The Odyssey, or Gilgamesh, and why?

You misspelled The Aeneid.

gilgamesh obviously. It had a retarded nigger as its dueteraganist so its more diverse. Dude was like Meesa from star wars

Gilgamesh is far less intricate, in language and structure. It's relatively simple with multiple repeating phrases without the excuse Greek has of being oral performance. Despite that, Gilgamesh is the more worthwhile, because it speaks to a primal fear within man, and a struggle that everyone grapples with. Gilgamesh has to come to terms with the death of those around him, and his own eventual mortality. Odysseus learns humility as a mortal man, but Gilgamesh comes to terms with what being a "man" really means: that nomatter what he does in life it will fade. It's almost haunting.

?

Gilgamesh was also recited.

>murders his own people
>oh Gods why does life end?

Is either Odyssey or Gilgamesh good for their time/genre? Would you consider both of them to be great?

There's a lot more death in the Odyssey though.

Yes.

But the theme of death and mortality is not as central.

what did he mean by this

iliad

Both Odyssey and Gilgamesh are good for all times/genres.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is the last great piece ever written

the only thing i remember about it is that a guy went to the forrest to fight a wild boar named Jamambuya or something like that.

that's what my nubile 15 years old brain could capture from it. I captured the essence of the text tbqh.

Somebody hasn't actually read Gilgamesh.
It's far more complex than any of that gr*Ek trash
Every aspect of it is far more complex than the 'works' of the imaginary poet Homer. It only seems shallow on the surface: below that is a profound sort of ecophenomenology and theophenomenology where a person's being itself is altered by micro and macrocosmic shifts
Boundary is both vague and defined, and all that exists, exists in a spectrum, where the gods grovel for meat like dogs and the sacred bull menaces over humanity with primordial apathy and each man understands themselves within the metaboundraries of the text

This is the pseudointellectualest post whomst I have ever experienced.

>actually being able to analyze a text instead of spouting platitudes about muh mortality is 'pseudointellectual'

>pseudointellectual

>one of the oldest surviving pieces of writing ever
>one of the first stories we can study
>the last great piece ever written
Huh?

> gr*Ek
Disregarded. Post unread.

Turkroach spotted