Read "Good Old Neon" some years ago

>read "Good Old Neon" some years ago
>feel a real connection at the time: issues of authenticity, communication and belonging
>share the story around
>one friend calls it "egotistical and disturbing psycho-babble"
>another says "it's tragic that the character felt so isolated by an issue that affects us all"

Good Old Neon: pseudo rambling? An egotistical tragedy? A sincere and thoughtful cry for help?

What did you think of it Veeky Forums

try reading a book, attention-spanlet

It's a work that only grows more disturbingly relevant as the 21st century continues. One of DFW's finest hours. Ending kinda makes me wanna cry

Can I get a spoiler? What's it about? How does it end? I'm more than likely never going to read it but I've heard this sentiment from others.

Come on man it's literally a short story

Just read it, man. Your attention span will be grateful

don't bother DFW is trash.

Read it. It’s about communications, fraudulence, and suicide (not a spoiler). It’s the one DFW I push if someone asks about him.

30 mins of my life i'll never get back, but hey it was alright if you are pretty milquetoast on the topic of existentialist crisis and finding meaning in life
>Brah, we are like, different things to different people and we can never find true expression of our thoughts and feelings with others because of the limitations of our abilities to communicate/perceive ourselves and other
>Ultimately life is meaningless when you do nothing but watch TV, try to fuck other people, and engage in shallow consumerism/hedonism

Fucking degenerates. Pro tip: strive for what is beyond

What's beyond?

your dad's cock

Yes, degenates and nazis and beer and stuff; rock on dude

>strive for what is beyond
the nazis were a death cult you cowardly bitch

ebin!!1

death to intelligence, long live death

>strive for what is beyond
>spooks such as racial supremacy

had a good laugh user, thanks

>Defending solipsism
>Muh consumerism
>Fuck other people who tell me that engaging in intellectualized hedonism is the reason I feel disconnected
Yeah yeah, keep pretending like your mental state is innate to mankind and not self inflicted by your retarded idealogies.

Humanism is retarded, egalitarianism is retarded, athiesm is retarded, stay miserable if you want or have the balls to become more than peasant.

>Ultimately life is meaningless when you do nothing but watch TV, try to fuck other people, and engage in shallow consumerism/hedonism
>posted in a mongolian anecdotes editing board
Why don't you share your pc specs, o enlightened quadriplegic

The second opinion in your example is a very true remark, especially considering DFW offed himself.

>pc specs
Go to /g/ you absolute faggot hahaha

brainlet detected

>Posting such a lewd nige
No class detected