What is the best version of the Qur'an to read? I want one that typical Muslims consider accurate...

What is the best version of the Qur'an to read? I want one that typical Muslims consider accurate, I don't care if its translated "beautifully". A few textual notes would be nice as well

Learn Arabic, dumb kafir.

No Muslim will put any stock in an english translation. Also it is very bad, probably the worst holy book out there, reminded me of the Book of Mormon just without the charm. As you are reading it remember there are over a billion people who think that it is the word of god verbatim, and that we are supposed to take them seriously.

I like Abdallah Yusuf Ali, though Sahih International has been in vogue over the past decade or so.

I would check out quran.com and read the opening sura with various translations and pick the one you find preferable.

Who here Sunni Ashari master race?

>though Sahih International has been in vogue over the past decade or so.
what?

Many in the Muslim community over the past decade or so have extolled the Sahih International translation as the best available. It's in modern USA English.

The one Tommy Robinson published

I know that reading translations is a big meme here in Veeky Forums, but in the case of the Quran it's true, not reading it in arabic is like reading translated poetry

this

not really relevant if you're only trying to get the message across tho. I don't imagine something thats mostly historical narrative will make much use of complicated poetic devices

>modern USA English

A mix of Spanish and ebonics?

Probably one of the prototypical versions that was destroyed.

True, I just assumed OP was interested in it for literary value since this is Veeky Forums

So tell me about the quran. Is it as bullshitty as the bible?

>I want one that typical Muslims consider accurate, I don't care if its translated "beautifully"

Holy shit you're right wtf

I'd like to know in what way Abdullah Ali's translation is outdated?

It was done in the 1930s, it's 80 years old and doesn't use all the Quran scholarship that's been done in that time, and it's written in pseudo-Jacobean English so is very archaic.

>doesn't use all the Quran scholarship that's been done in that time
Does that mean it doesn't have seven layers of Salafi retardation on top of it?

what quran scholarship? I thought Muslims don't believe in textual criticism like Christians do

Where did you get that from?

More liberal muslims and western scholars are very active in Quran research actually.

Most christians don't believe or at least know about textual criticism either. Because it's a death blow to any claim of divine inspiration