Audiobook general

>"THIS IS AUDIBLE"

What are you listening to right now, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3Hk-zZQG4M
youtube.com/watch?v=6hz45Ezfnwk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fanmade fanfiction audiobooks on youtube.

Also podcasts.

youtube.com/watch?v=E3Hk-zZQG4M

Music with no lyrics
I feel lyrics muddy the waters with music. Lyrics tend to overstep their role, especially so if they are whining, pedantic, political, or redundant.
Music by itself can be just as direct in emotions or it can be ambiguous and versatile. Music by itself can reach deeper inside someone than lyrics can, and if you want to give it a defined setting and theme then you can title the music accordingly.

you got any recs? most podcasters have... bad voices or bad equipment.

Beerists, ViM, Lore, Dan Carlin, Revolutionary Left Radio (i ain't a commie, I just listen to my political enemies), some French podcasts, and a lot of different stuff freely available on podbay.

Thanks, but I kinda meant the fanfiction podcasters.

The Odyssey

I think you mean The Aeneid

Those are not podcast but real fanfiction audiobooks

Lookup "Fallout:Equestria Crazed Ramblings" on YT

t. That guy again

This week I finished Planet of Adventure by Jack Vance,Sailor on the Seas of Fate by Michael Moorcock, and started the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

>not "ALL LIBRIVOX RECORDINGS ARE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN"

Do you have any favorites/recs?

Yeah, ima need some recs

What audio books are good as bedtime stories?

Can anyone recommend a good informative podcast or audio book?

I work in a warehouse so instead of just listening to music, I would rather learn something.

"Crown of Swords" by Robert Jordan

I just finished Rob Spillman's memoir All Tomorrow's Parties, it wasn't horrible but not great either.

If I pirate audio books what's the best way to listen to them? If I have them as an mp3 it's hard to remember where I stopped listening.

I just finished all of the Dresden Files(short stories included)
and after a few dozen hours the smooth and emphatically not British accented voice of James Marsters I have slotted in the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix and the gristly speaking of Tim Curry to go with.

after this though I'm thinking of taking in A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore cause it never fails to get a laugh from me

there really isn't. that's the price you and I pay for piracy

>by Christopher Moore
Bloodsucking Fiends has the best fucking voice, but I can't find a version where there're these obnoxious and weird pauses at random. It's really frustrating, because I love her voice, but, random ten second pauses drive me up the fucking wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hz45Ezfnwk

I found a torrent for the whole trilogy, top shelf copy.

but it got taken down and I don't have the tracker.

how do you feel about the narrator for the official recording of A Dirty Job?

and on the subject of narrations.
I found a late edition copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy narrated by Stephen Fry
it was quite enjoyable
a pity the rest of the series in that edition was narrated by Martin freeman instead of The Fry I hate narrator changes.

Sorry, I don't know that. I only get my audiobooks off of youtube, and I can't find a copy of A Dirty Job.

Yeah, I heard about Hitchhikers Guide by Fry, but... couldn't find it, of course. But I didn't know that they switched the narrators halfway through. That's pretty shit.

I only listened to audiobooks while I was in school to help me work, so I'm not really up to date with narrators.

Steven Fry did the whole Sherlock Holmes canon too,and all 40+ hours for 1 credit.