>new york times bestseller

Am i meant to give a fuck?

subtely dont give a fuck, pipe down

>the subtle art of not giving a fuck
>censores fuck

cause he doesnt give you the full fuck
he gives a censored fucl

>f*ck
"Look at me, I get to say the bad word in public because I removed a letter. Buy my book, I'm a rebel. I'm dangerous."

the subtle art of not giving a h*ck

The subtle art of not being a c*ck

Whoa...

Give me a quick gestalt on the philosophy of this book.

It's literally (actually literally) Buddhism but filtered through pop culture a la tyler durden, but with out the edginess.

You feel bad because you are holding on to things, desire causes suffering etc. but "stop giving a fuck" is more "marketable" than relinquish desires and what have you.

there's even a chapter where he tells the story of a young prince "and that boy grew up to be..Buddah!"

It's worth a listen as an audio book, there's nothing new or revelatory but it's good for helping put things in a perspective, just as much as any self help book really just boils down to invisible hands on your shoulders saying everything's okay/you can do this.

At the very least he's not pretentious and doesn't make any claims about what this book will do for you and so on

>im dangerous

should be titled "the subtle art of allocating given fucks in a practical and healthy fashion"

>It's literally (actually literally) Buddhism but filtered through pop culture
so... slave morality the bestseller

I don't give a f*ck but it kind of irks me that books like these are shelved in the philosophy section alongside actual sophists like Heidegger, Schopenhauer, Plato, ect. Books like this belong in self-help.

Would read

>actual sophist like Plato

Read it!

Basically it can be summarized in one sentence:

" Give a fuck only about things that matter, learn how to identify them and with the rest of the world just don't give a fuck"

In my case I only care about Exercise, Work, Video Games and getting laid, outside of that I've learned to honestly don't give a fuck and waste my time with useless distractions that don't contribute to my life.

>implying you can not give a “fuck”

I don't

All those muhlentils buying garbage

Why right a book when it can be summed up as 'be drunk every waking moment of your life'?

Clearly he gave no fucks and fired his gun next to his book shelf

>Books like this belong in self-help.
Yeah, that's why they are shelved alongside Heidegger, Schopenhauer, Plato, ect.

I don't give a le F**k

>Plato, Heidegger
>sophists

Wasnt there a thread on this book last week?

I agree about the invisible shoulder part. The biggest takeaway to be had from this book, in my opinion, is that

1. Not to succumb to insane standards of success or what your life should be

2. It's not about not giving a fuck about anything (fear/dejection disguised as apayhy) as much as it is not giving a fuck about obstacles, unnecessary, and irrelevant shit. Hence the subtlety.

3. Not to condemn yourself for not being a grateful ball of sunshine all the time and not feeling too great occasionally.

It's definitely worth a read if you're into self-help and want a different take on things.

haha, tricked ya
You should subtly learn not to give a f*ck

Reading it now, it's good

>Strut into book store, wink at cashier on my way
>Make my way to the philosophy section
>See this cum stain of a novella next to Nietzsche
>Wretch both from the restricted shelf
>Go to cashier to buy books
>"Did you find everything okay?"
>Return her inquiry with silence and winks every 7 seconds exactly
>She giggles nervously, proceeds to bag my books
>I reach out and grab her hand
>"Stop. I do not need a bag"
>I hand her 1000$ note of the Monopoly bank
>I take the cum stain novella and throw it into the trash
>"AM I DOING IT RIGHT!?"
>Give the petrified girl $100, despite her protests
>Faceplant into the floor, worm my way out of the store
>Fuck
>tfw I forgot about Neitzsche

d*mn....

>Not giving a fuck that a few cynical retards might call you a fake for censoring the word fuck as long as you know that doing so will make your book reach to a wider audience and get you more money

user, That should be
>not not giving a fuck

>It's definitely worth a read if you're into self-help and want a different take on things.
>different take

It's literally cookie cutter generic self-help shit that's been written thousands of times.

But I guess it's a classic/timeless theme that always works, that's why the same book gets written over and over again.