Leave this board and never return if any one of these apply to you:

Leave this board and never return if any one of these apply to you:

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Algebraic-Combinatorics-Tableaux-Undergraduate-Mathematics/dp/146146997X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

srs guys I'm tired of having to wade through the shit to find a decent thread. just stop making shitty threads. that's why I post this to try to get you to stop. thank you.

can anyone explain to me the
>you read for the plot
meme

>just stop making shitty threads. that's why I post this stale pseud memefest pasta in a new thread
unironically kill yourself

I'll add:

>you want to have a serious discussion of literature or philosophy with others
>you want to be successful

>successful

>entertainment is stupid but prose is necessary

telling people that don't read to leave isn't the same thing as making > type of threads and that's just one example.
>unironically
you're the problem and should consider leaving.

>implying I meant success defined by others

agreed

not reading this shit post web umms

>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>proceeds to pour opinion down throats of others to make them accept and respect it

>board and internet jargon is bad mkay
>my shitty pseud opinions on what constitutes le true reading and le true lit discussion are the Ultimate Truth
i said kill yourself, insufferable retard

>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>Tragedians
>Tragedy, a genre
You played yourself OP.

Literature that is considered great tends to be that which is deep and thematically powerful. The gain from reading these works is not pleasure, but rather enlightenment.

Reading for the plot is reading for pleasure

the damn postmodernists were right

aesthetics
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is a good example, it is as much a poem as it is a novel.

>reading for enlightenment
The ultimate pseud

Knowing who kills babushka for a rouble beforehand doesn't really make C&P any less rewarding. "Dumbledore dies" kinda spoils things, doesn't it?

Jesus Christ, this is why people laugh at you Veeky Forums

That's the wrong picture for this salsa.

the fuck are you even talking about you dimwit? no one said anything about an ultimate truth I just asked you to leave.

As if your ""artsy"" pictures weren't enough, your outrageously retarded opinions give you away as a troll, even a retard like me could spot.

please enlighten me as to which writings by the three great tragedians were fiction. the truth is you don't know and you're taking the (OP) too literally to try to undermine the actual point.

The troll has been spotted. He flees in terror, shouting "GTFO"

>it's a retard thinks a special interest board on anonymous funny pictures forum should adhere to his personal pseud notions of appreciating said interest episode
You should actually fuck off to plebbit, moron.

I only read fiction because it's fun.

because that's what I want you to do. I just don't want to be rude and actually say those words.

this is Veeky Forums right? a place where we discuss literature?

I read mostly Math books, cool stuff like this
amazon.com/Algebraic-Combinatorics-Tableaux-Undergraduate-Mathematics/dp/146146997X

am I welcomed here?

>others

sure

I qualify only for the useless ones, but I'm glad to be finally free. Goodbye lit.

>this is Veeky Forums right? a place where we discuss literature?
Yes, it's a place where anyone can discuss any literary topics in any way they like. It's open to anything from serious critical discussion of classics to post-ironical meta-contrarian poltardian memeing about cuckoldry undertones in xenoreptilian erotic detectives. That's what makes it shit, that's what makes it good, that's what makes it the way it is. And it certainly doesn't need anyone imposing their own ideas of what it should be on it. Least of all some pathetic two-bit pseud playing out his unfulfilled fantasies of being a part of Oxbridge Uptightness Faculty. Now fuck off and stop making these garbage threads.

thanks for the model op

you ate the bait