Is this shit for real? Or is it just a giant meme? It sounds like it was written by a chuuni anime character

Is this shit for real? Or is it just a giant meme? It sounds like it was written by a chuuni anime character.

>questioning someone's intelligence while referencing tropes from a genre of chinese cartoons for autistic adults

Back in the day I was an angry cunt and hungry for revenge so I read shit like this. You are a sucker for buying it, all the 48 laws are available on some site - if it is still online that is.
I'm not going full biological determinism, but I think genes and early life environment might as well matter more as some just-so story by someone who never had power and read the Wikipedia page on Napoleon and Machiavelli.

I liked it. It's kind of a meme but it's a jnteresting meme. It gives you the rules and then some historical stories where these laws played a part.

But well, that raises the question.
How much power do you have these days?

>Chinese
>For adults

So are you a proponent of this book?

I didn't buy it. Just processing it into the library system. I'm assuming your opinion on this is that it's no good?

Do you feel like you actually gained anything from it? Like, did you try to apply any of its teachings in your life, and if so, did it go well?

Meme by (((greene))). I’ll prove it:
Greenecucks, give us some examples of when you used any of his material in the real world.

>I'm assuming your opinion on this is that it's no good?
I wouldn't say that.
I just don't think it is worth purchasing. Different kinds of people can find lessons or inspiration in different kinds of books.
And it is more that I'm embarrassed by my motivation of reading it and my mindset back in the day. I'm nowhere near power and feel that reading won't do the job unless you already have plenty of social connections and some other favorable traits. And if you truly want power you'll have to deal and befriend with a lot of insufferable and nasty people.
But that's just another fool's opinion. I rather go full Orr on this planet.

to gangbang and run my drug-ring

Yeah, I was gleaming through a bit of it and couldn't really think of many situations in which I would truly use it. Nor have I have truly felt the necessity to do such things either.

The part that got me was mostly just the style. Like, the edge in this is pretty strong.

>The part that got me was mostly just the style. Like, the edge in this is pretty strong.
You could always read it for aesthetics. If you do you'll have to read Machiavelli alongside, which is what I did. And then maybe watch some House of Cards.

Read this after high school. It works, always have the professors on my side.

Its good for distinct power differences, as in worker to boss, or student to teacher.

It is a meme tho

It's real, but it doesn't really apply to 99.9% of people. It was written as a passive aggressive "grow the fuck up" letter to the CEO of American Apparel who couldn't seem to stop himself from molesting his teen employees

I browse 4chin.
Sort of. There are some laws that make sense and that you can apply even if you are a loser. It's still a interesting read desu.

In my younger and more formative years I read this and his other book “Art of Seduction”. I wouldn’t recommend taking the advice seriously, especially the seduction stuff. It really weirded girls out desu.

is this written by the 3rd greenbrother

do he and Hank and John get along?

Read these instead:
>How to Fail at Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams
>Extreme Ownership by Willink & Babin
>War of Art by Steven Pressfield
>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

This is all the knowledge you need, the rest of the effort should be towards execution of whatever you're trying to do

dunno but it's really entertaining

I have applies quite a few laws into my business life. Especially don't outshine the master and taking credit and owning everything I do, I literally write my name on everything I touch at my work place so people can't steal credit. Got me a middle management position.

Sometimes my boss forgets how to fill out certain forms and doesn't know how to use formulas on spreadsheets. I always tactfully remind her and let her know that I forget how to use spreadsheets and have to google it some times. Or when she complains about the forms I tell her "they really ought to make them more simple, besides no one even goes over these" I'm her favourite employee and she has given me recommendations for promotion.

The form are literally just a few pieces of information anyone with half a brain can fill out and formulas in spreadsheets is highschool level shit. She is just old and is probably losing her memory but upper management loves her so I coddle her, she is on her way out and I need the promotion.

I enjoyed it. I think that some of the rules are more applicable then others and the examples are interesting.

>kissing ass to rise to power

Yes, it's one of they keys to power. Keep hating while I get promotions.

you know nothing, child

At my job I have to kiss my boss's son's ass to fit in and boy you better be enthusiastic. I would have found this strange before but the workplace is a strange place.

The things we do for money.

It's a nice read because it's a smorgasbord of different historical anecdotes but I feel like half of the stories only seem cunning because you're looking at them in hindsight. Greene makes you believe they were all masterfully planned with godlike precision.

How to Win Friends and Influence People worked the best for me. 48LoP is sociopathy-lite

>Greene makes you believe they were all masterfully planned with godlike precision
I think that was my biggest problem with the book. Everyone in the book was pretty much just tricking people and being sneaky as fuck, which in my current theory of how the world actually works makes sense to me. It's not 'power' so much as it is getting to the guys who have all the money and being as useful as possible while keeping your self-interest in mind.
Doesn't seem like from the studies that assholes prosper, in fact usually those christian nice guys probably tend to do well because everyone's so disciplined. At the very least, everyone else in their community is free with the money and generous with their time too.
I think that most people who read the book are probably the most hopeless. If this sort of thinking didn't already occur to you before you ran into the book, I don't think it will enlighten you much. Think for yourself, plan ahead, big deal.

Not hating
Just doesn't sound like it comes out of one of the 48 laws
No I get it the corporate world mostly works this way, unless you are very good in something that is rare to find, you'll have to be a major ass kisser or a bully to get ahead

>When he tries to pass off Zhuge Liang's 空城计 as historical fact
lmao