>still sitting and searching
>ironical cause wanted to learn how to enjoy time
>starting to feel really frustrated
>feeling like a faggot

HEEEELP
could you recommend smthg?
anyone?

/fitlit/ here to save the day

philosophy is not self-help for your weak mind. Go read the power of now if you need some trite feel-good vacuity.

>>feeling like a faggot
That's probably because you're actually a faggot, user. Stop posting frogs and your pathetic life will be a tad less pathetic. End your life and your parents' life will be even better; Veeky Forums will slightly improve, too.

Eat your goddamn fibers and lay of those damning carbohydrates.

maps of meaning by jordan peterson

seems like a list on how to be a self-help douche (speaking from experience)

>maps of meaning
that actually looks pretty interesting.

self-help books are a fuckin joke

help yourself by being what you want to be, asshole. make the change now instead of reading about it

i got you fellow Veeky Forumsizen

Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl, first and foremost. Read this if nothing else here.
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, by Robert Pirsig
Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius
Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tzu
The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Watts
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
Modern Man in Search of a Soul by Carl Jung

is pretty decent but it might be a lot denser text than what you are looking for. If you're feeling less adventurous, check out Joseph Campbell's work but Peterson does a much more comprehensive look into the personal metanarrative.

Hope this helps.

Eckhart Tolle: the Power of Now, if you can't free download then start with YouTube. fastest path is his cd: Through the Open Door.

Not OP. I tried reading his book and I just didn't get it. It all seemed like mystical mumbo jumbo to me and I couldn't understand it, though I wanted to.

Mindfulness in plain English
The war of art
The hero with a thousand faces
The way of the superior man

Don't listen to that guy, he is a troll

Everything in this thread is a meme desu. They won't actually help you. Only a shotgun to the head will.

>The way of the superior man
"she wants to know your dark side"
>get told she never wants to see you again and blocked on social media
fun times

The Tao of Pooh

Thanks user! Upboat

>broscience
How does it feel to have a brain the size of a peanut?

Read the Bhagavad Gita, it is the summary of all Vedic wisdom.

What you're looking for is happiness in the moment, not enjoyment.

This made me a better person.

Hegel's lectures on aesthetics have given more appreciation for life than any other philosophy

lmao so fucking bad. Veeky Forums can be Veeky Forums but Veeky Forums can not into Veeky Forums no matter how hard they try

peterson is not a great writer, that book feels over-edited and i think he even recognized it at some point

still a nice read and some section are great, it's well referenced too so it can always be used as a starting point to go deeper

>"she wants to know your dark side"
>>get told she never wants to see you again and blocked on social media
it only works if you have a square jaw, sorry

You might be able to convince my gf to cheat on me, but you still have absolutely irredeemable taste in lit you pleb.

I don't have a gf.

You already are yourself, you can't improve on that

the ego and its own by max stirner

isn't improving spooky?

If you want enjoying the present, Camus is your man. The closing essays in Myth of Sisyphus, Exile and the Kingdom, A Happy Death, and even his unfinished A First Man would do you well. Camus absolutely loved life and despite his reputation as an edgelord his works truly show appreciation for life.