"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition...

>"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate."

Other urls found in this thread:

juliusevola.net/textarchive/theusa.html
archive.org/stream/JuliusEvola/JuliusEvola-1971-Americancivilization_djvu.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KcJTP8nW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are."

Looks like I'm delving into Evola, because this could not be a greater description of my country. Good lord, I'm going to become a gigantic fascist turd aren't I?

Evola wasn't a fascist. His philosophy lines up best with aristocracy based on spirit, that clashes with fascisms populist ideals.But fascists do like him.

That's not a refutation. The axiom says that if you think, then you are. But it doesn't say that if you don't think, then you are not.

the type of things evola writes about in his book are pretty different to fascism tho

Damn, that's pretty brutal.

Everything feels so sterile here in America. Soulless. Cookie-cutter everything.

Yeah, that's what happens when you don't explore your country.

This. Glad I'm not alone in my thinking. Why do we think this is? Unfettered capitalism? Disconnect between urban, suburban, and rural communities? Dissonance between our underlying ideals and practice? Everything being for sale? I can't pinpoint why I detest living here so much, but it is indeed a shallow, soul-sucking place.

How could you possibly make that assumption based on his post? I have traveled most of the country. This made it worse. Middle America is an embarrassment to western civilization, cities like New York and Los Angeles are entertaining but ultimately overstimulating and overcrowded. The landscape is beautiful, so maybe I'd love it if I chose to be a hermit in the hinterlands.

It's because you continued the sheltered life your parents built for you instead doing something adventurous.

Stop talking, you're not making a single good point.

You can't just travel, you have to actually live somewhere and become a part of its community for a while. You're skimming the surface and asking why you can't find any depth.

America has no soul? What about artisanal kimchi food trucks, DAD?

>butthurt army fag

No, I went the homeless route, actually. Stressful but interesting.

Where should I live user? I've lived in the suburbs of Indiana and NYC. Open to other options and actively looking, actually. I want a cozy mid sized town where I can spend weekends camping or reading in a park, and weeks in relative normalcy. Essentially some place like how I imagine ashville.

Yes. At times Evola makes arguments that are highly reminiscent of the Frankfurt School (like OP)

Somewhere around the northern part of the Mississippi river, maybe. The bluffs and forests are great for camping, the towns are probably the kind of size you're describing. If you're willing to go a little more desolate, Montana is another great choice, especially if you want empty ski runs at your disposal.

I like anime

Will I find a girlfriend at any of these places?

not sure about Frankfurt guys, but Evola and Debord go hand in hand imo

I have a feeling you may be projecting your depression onto your surroundings to a degree, as many people do.

Hating America is cliche

Growing up in it. Even if you've never heard anyone ever questioning it or mentioning it. You can feel there's something essential missing. It's like living in a bubble. It's either in or out. It's either good or bad. There's no gray or in-between. No room to play.

>America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest
And?

Agreed, maybe I'm just a contrarian, but now that the left and right all agree that America is the worst thing ever to happen, I'm beginning to like it. Maybe it's an unsustainable middle ground, but I like that it's not as cosmopolitan as the rest of the Anglosphere nor as parochial as the fashy Eastern Euro countries. Could have a higher rule of law/public safety rating, like Asia, tho.

A lot of the complaints about "muh soullessness" and "muh production" come from people who are too unimaginative to come up with anything more interesting for themselves to do than political agitation. "But cultural meaning has historically always been collective!" Yeah, so what; the middle ages are over, it's time to grow up. If you can't handle it, I'm sure your local church would love to have you.

And when you die and you're faced with eternal nothingness, you'll realize and violently regret the value placed on material, shallow, fleeting pursuits, and begin weeping like a coward.

DUDE, IF I'VE HEARD IT TOO MANY TIMES THEN IT MUST BE WRONG, LMAO

You are exactly the kind of plebeian filth that Evola hates. You change opinion simply because it's "cliche". You look for the next contrarian opinion to seem hip and to excite yourself one more time.

Pathetic!

>when you die
>then you'll realize
If you can't handle it, stop whining and g o b a c k t o c h u r c h

>this much vitriol
Oh my, aren't we just thumotic! Everyone watch out, Ubermensch coming through!

fuck now i feel stupid...

It's wrong AND cliche. Like Malthus.

>I didn't get it

>Asia
>Public Safety

lol lmao

So, what book am I reading to get Evola trashing America?

america is refugee camp with mcmansions instead of tents. no soul.

Semantics, faggotron

The difference between existing and not existing seems like quite a bit more than semantics

wtf I love Julius Ebola now

He was a Super Fascist

Is the diagnosis multiculturalism or is there something more?

Hard to diagnose when no tangible symptoms have been presented. I'm not sure how Evola planned to prove that America lacked spirituality more than Europe.

Screw Evola and all other philosophers who have to jack themselves over "muh perfect society" that will never happen instead of taking an active role in today's society. (What any non-brainlet would do)
Their ideal societies will NEVER happen because of Capitalism. This however is a good thing. Neoliberalism is the only ideology that works, and makes profits. Get on or get run over.

>This however is a good thing. Neoliberalism is the only ideology that works, and makes profits. Get on or get run over.

JUST

Notice the lack of argument from the buttblasted fascist/libertarian/ideologist when he notices someone cares more about financial capability over his meme ideology that he uses to console himself about his inferiority. Point and laugh.

Imagine being such a brainlet that you think neo-Liberalism is non-ideological.

Imagine being such a brainlet that you think Evola was in any way a supporter of Fascism or Libertarianism.

Is it actually something you need to prove? Take a look at the lives and myths in America. It's all fabricated.

If it's so obvious it should be very easy to prove

Evola was writing this stuff far before multiculturalism became a thing, so multiculturalism is just a new symptom of an old disease. Maybe its just Utilitarianism, the philosophy of autism.

juliusevola.net/textarchive/theusa.html
The quotes from this thread are from his essay American "civilization". I feel like here he is sort of criticizing "tabula rasa" and it's implications on American culture

>USA is the center of the Western civilization now that it is in rapid decay.
>USA is incapable of having architecture
>Most obvious political scam in the history of mankind is in control for centuries
>It is the great melting pot of cultures, races, languages, religions, ideologies; all in the name of mammon, it devours them.
>Identities are for sale; American fanatics teaching Europeans how to be "white"
>Most obesity in any western nation; you are what you eat, cattlegoy.
>Dons the name of freedom, but surveillance, police, secret services and the military are treading on every pacifier principle they sold to their people
Europe is merely crippled and bullied, but USA has sold its soul to the devil. Hence the deal with Israel, genital mutilation

Right on dude

Says a guy who killed a bunch of people in Africa.

so what?

I don't know about you, but I don't think breaking out of prison and killing so many people is okay

I cant find anything about this, are you SURE Julius Evola broke out of prison and murdered people?

a good post
this is what the ideological arms race of the last few years has been: an ever escalating search for the latest untapped social capital source

Perhaps, but I think he's right, and I've personally spent most of my life outside the US

Dude it was all over the news just a few years ago about the Evola outbreak in west Africa, he killed like, thousands.

o fug

I'm glad I have dual citizenship, as soon as I save up some money I'm out. Living in modern America feels like living in a country that is on the edge of complete collapse.

I laffed more than I should have

kekd

ITT: Americans who think that their country is the only industrialised capitalist hell-hole in the world

Frack off cunt

America has hijacked the anglo culture. Britain, Canada and Australia now follow in suit of the American lifestyle.

Full text below:
archive.org/stream/JuliusEvola/JuliusEvola-1971-Americancivilization_djvu.txt

Singapore is one of the safest cities in the world, if not THE safest.

Evola is a vulgar plebeian himself. He knows nothing about European art and high culture, just magic and eastern mysticism. It's a bunch of low brow shit white entrapping itself in the language of elitism.

I don't like America because other people hate it, I like it because I always have, because its early history is some of the best history the world possesses. Nevertheless, it is also cliche to hate it in the repetitive way you all do.

>because its early history is some of the best history the world possesses.

You contradicted yourself, brainlet. So you don't like current America? Neither did Evola.

>Singapore is one of the safest cities in the world, if not THE safest.

Hm, an incredibly expensive place to live that has a huge bourgeois foreign population and is a sea trading hub is safe, who could have guessed!

I believe Evola dislikes the entirety of American history because he thinks its rooted in rejection of transcendent religion that governs society, and that it is "liberal."

I did not contradict myself; although I dislike some aspects of what America has become, I still think the greatness of its origins has emanated to the present and has preserved our Virtù quite well, especially considering the state of Europe in contrast.

New York is literally that as well, except its a crime-ridden shithole. Singapore has restrictions about how you sit on public transportation... its safety comes from regulation by the police to govern manners, which Western countries used to have.

Pro-tip: calling your opponent's [x] "bourgeois" doesn't automatically refute them.

Like what? Go one a meme tier quest to "find myself" or go join the army to fight for someone I don't even know.

Do not disrespect Baron Evola, swine.

Evola is garbage. Read Nietzsche.

Nietzsche lacked the transcendental element.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KcJTP8nW8

>actually disliking this

That's precisely why I believe Evola is plebeian, because he hated reality so much that he deluded himself into believing in this "transcendental element," that he fled from Nietzsche in a bout of weakness because he could not take halcyon winds; they were too much for him, he had to duck into his realm of mystic negation of life in order to secure justification for his nihilistic hatred of the body.

Swimming through a pile of shit for the sake of taking on "halcyon winds" is pretty stupid when clearly there is another way, and this was never his realm of mystical negation, there are others like him. Namely Rene Guenon.

There are no piles of shit on mountain peaks. Does Rene Guenon want to overcome man? Do the transcendentalists want to overcome man? Or do they want to hunker under tired idols, and pray pain away?

america is like a cross between a theme park and a shopping mall, oscillating between utter vacuity and an exhilarating blast. on the whole i think i like it.

I don't see the mountain peak. what are you some kind of /pol/ Nazi who does not consider Nazi Germany as degenerate larpers attempting to steal high culture? The way to overcome man is not to become more of a man, man is clearly weak and the female even more so.

>New York is literally that as well, except its a crime-ridden shithole.
lol no it's not, the taxi driver era is long over

I mean, I guess.

>it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest

doesnt sound that bad to me

Is there a problem with fabrication? If the life and ideas you want don't exist yet, you build them. That's the whole point.

Have you been there recently? de Blasio has done a number on public safety.

Are you actually flinging "nazi" at me? lmao. I will leave you with this:

"Mankind must be overcome. The fool thinks he can be *jumped over*."

>Have you been there recently?
a few days ago, yeah. i live just outside the city.

So you like both Evola and New York City?

>2017
>Not being a Zizekist-Evolaist

never read evola. new york's alright if you like saxophones

I don't :O

That makes no sense, that's the equivalent of telling an ape to overcome himself by proving the Riemann hypothesis. Some things can't be overcome, if your state is a low one. Being a hard ass and not seeking help also leads to nothing, as everyone knows.

Max Stirner > Evola

reading Evola gives you Ebola

>mfw people in the past used to say the same shit you're talking about but about Feudalism
The world changes adapt or die homie

>Neoliberalism is the only ideology that works, and makes profits.
who even would say a thing like this? does eric fucking garland post on Veeky Forums?

Help a brother out

America is just a pile of shit with shit growing out of it.

Most places in eastern Europe are shitholes compared to most places in the US or Canada. Same for Asia. You just have an exoticised view, if that's a word.