Pynchon just posted on our Mongolian basket weaving board

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573
warosu.org/lit/thread/S640883#p643592
warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like anime

I don't know

Seems in accordance with our last round of Bill Murray posts, plus the subtle connection b/w morality and mercy and Vienna and the shakespeare pic. I'm all in on this one, screengrabbed for the library of congress

Books are gay. Watch anime instead.

It'd be sad if it was him. Thread basically shitting on his life's work, lol

>gutter rats call you trash
>oh no my heart

He's a phone poster?

Veeky Forums shits on everything in existence. It's a weird form of love

I don't get it, why do you guys think Pynchon posted here? Why does that post start with "Bill Murray here"?

I haven't read anything by Pynchon yet

It reads very much like his style

and?

>I don't get it, why do you guys think Pynchon posted here?

why not. Veeky Forums is unironically better and more worth paying attention to than academia and all literary magazines, even though it sucks

have you fucks figured put what the Golden Fang was all about yet?

I'm fairly certain it's the Church of Scientology

I'm not saying Veeky Forums is shit, I just don't understand why everyone realized that that user was Pynchon, I guess it's what said.

"Bill Murray" posted a brilliant analysis on TCoL49, shakespeare conspiracies, and Joyce facts a while back. IT was so similar to Pynchon's style, and the analysis of TCoL49 so unbelievably accurate yet unprecedented, that many concluded (probably rightly) it was him.
Also talked about how he was an author, didn't want to give an email out, etc.

You can find it on warosu with a bit of digging. I'd bet almost everything that it was in fact him.

the Golden Fang was a widespread but also underground entity, it played to people's vanities and pleasures, weaknesses.It creeped upon America by the end of the sixties, gained force, controlled people and eliminated beat culture soon after

the Golden Fang is capitalism

Tpical Pynch cheekiness with the photo and the text. The post is talking about one of his stories, Morality and Mercy in Vienna. This is an obscure quote from a lesser known shakespeare play. He posts a Shakespeare photo. Then when you google this Slade guy, you can find his review of M&MIV. Just a lot of connections in a small amount of space. Typical Pynch

Prays to Pynchon
>Squish
>Kills Pynchon
Oops

Really want to see this 49 analysis

>actually falling for it
For fuck's sake, I thought Veeky Forums was smarter than this but no, it's just another board on the stain that is Veeky Forums.

>I thought Veeky Forums was smarter than this
Did you start posting here this very morning, dear

Here's the thread brotha

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573

not really

wow cool OP

Anyone got a zip of all his posts?

Do you guys really think an 80 year old man, a well known writer, would frequent Veeky Forums? So much so that he would be able to pick up our jargon"pic related"?

I think it's more probable that someone is just good at impersonating him.

I thought it sounded like the voice he used for his intro to Slow Learner, or his essay on sloth.

Damn you sound like John Green never would've imaged he (You) posted here.

... and he posts on Veeky Forums?
Maybe he should find better boards to visit, like /k/

I thought this was a mexican enchilada recipe repository.
Off I go.

Yes. None of us have that knowledge of world literature, and that interpretation of TCoL49 was unprecedented.

I think his age would actually increase the likeliness. Old guys spend a lot of time just sitting around. He might be flattered by the fact that Veeky Forums talks about him so much (one critic Dan Schneider wrote that no one reads or talks about Pynchon anymore, and I immediately thought "hasn't been on Veeky Forums"), and as for the jargon, well, he is a writer after all. In Slow Learner's intro he expresses horror at the "tin ear" of his early stories, so he clearly takes picking up the slang of a culture very seriously, and has become quite sensitive to it.

But of course you're right, it's 90% likely that it's just a skilled impersonator. Still fun to think about though.

>Dan Schneider

He wrote a novel involving fringe internet culture.

>Dan Schneider

I'm aware of who this is mostly because I'm into movies (and have friends who get paid to review them), but that guy's hardly a good critic or even remotely notable himself (I swear to god, everyone gets a goddamn Wikipedia page for even the slightest thing).

i hope senpai notices us in his final work

Yeah, Dan Schneider is a bit of an odd case. I've read a lot of his reviews just out of fascination with his character and it's a little sad, really.

The funny thing is that this is entirely plausible. I think I would explode if Pynchon's final work involved Veeky Forums references. Mein Gott.

Yeah, because it's so hard to immitate his style, right? I assume you've never been to a "write this passage in the style of your favorite author" thread?

there's this one too. Does anyone have more?

warosu.org/lit/thread/S640883#p643592

How do you all find these? Were any of you in these threads in 2010?

This thread was actually linked to at the bottom of the thread linked above (warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573)

pynchon probably doesn't even know how to turn on a computer lmao

Roleplaying on Veeky Forums is retarded.

H T T p : / / 8 8 . 8 0 . 2 1 . 1 2 /
i S f a R S u P E R I o R t O t h i S p i e C E o f C r a p 4 c h a n i S f O R U g l y L O S e R T r o L l s O N L y