Books you were forced to read in school

books you were forced to read in school

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liceo_classico
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there was a novel and i remember it was about 2 people might have been kids trapped in a mall?

fuck what was it called? i remember there was a full page picture of some fountain thing

A lot of good ones. I liked my highschool’s English program.

You poor bastard

in the heat of the night

>in classroom
>everyone taking turns reading
>im not paying attention at all
>my turn to read
>no idea what page we are even on

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

this is gonna turn into r/books tier bitching about scarlett letter and great gatsby isnt it

that kind of sounds right

motherfucking holes

It is

Of Mice and Men
Macbeth
Romeo and Juliet
An Inspector Calls
Ted Hughes’s poetry

A decade and a half on, am now ‘rediscovering’ them, after not paying much interest then.

AP English 12 was actually what turned me on to literature. The notable ones I loved were Jane Eyre, The Stranger (favorite book), Waiting for Godot, Poisonwood Bible, and The Awakening. I fucking hated Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Rereading the Scarlet Letter as an adult really makes you realize how retarded you are as a kid. It's a really good book.

I wasn't forced to read anything in school. I couldn't read until I was 9, and I dropped out at 13, and during that four year period of literacy during which I was also receiving education, I picked my own literature.

Spoon River Anthology.

What really fucking sucked is that I didn't like Of Mice and Men when I had to read it in high school, but after high school I read The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden on my own, and they became two of my favorite books ever.

Similarly, another high school teacher had us read The Taming of the Shrew, which is easily one of the lesser Shakespeare plays, and later I read Julius Caesar and the major tragedies and really enjoyed them.

It's like English teachers intentionally try to teach us an author's shittiest work to make kids hate literature.

The Good Earth.

Where The Red Fern Grows.

Loaf of the Flies.

I think you're falsely equating "shitty" with "simple." Of Mice and Men and The Taming of the Shrew are fine.

these ones

I wanna lie and say something cool but Gatsby was probably the height of it

Quanto le hai pagate quelle lettere a Lucilio frociazzo

Do they really teach Classical literature in Italian high schools? If so, I'm impressed.

Yes but classical education is an overrated meme and you're gay for falling for it

t. went to Liceo Classico

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liceo_classico

>yfw to kill a mocking bird is being removed