Important PSA: Do not start with the Greeks

However far down the philosophy path you are, if you haven't started with The Epic of Gilgamesh then you need to start over. I don't care if you've spent the last 20 years reading philosophy. The 'Greeks' aren't a starting point and anybody with an IQ >= 130 knows this. You wasted decades of your life telling yourself you understand Marcus Aurelius' The Meditations and Ezra Pound's The Cantos when in reality those texts, like every other major philosophical work, is not fully comprehended without having read Gilgamesh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SWTPD

Start with primitive technology
youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
Move onto protowriting

Girugamesh comes 3rd

After which, comes oracle bone scripts, understanding Shang-era politics is ESSENTIAL to understanding philosophy.

My life is now ruined...how could i have been so blind?

delete this

How does Meditations relate to an ancient slashfic text?

idk havent read either of them

>he didn't start with Sumerian cave paintings.
Start over

I bet you want me to read it in Sumerian too

As long as you can get an origenal copy written in stone.

>copy
>not THE original tablet
Are you even trying to learn?

No, I want you to read it in Akkadian. Why would you read it translated to Sumerian? Why would that even exist?

>he "started with the greeks"
>he hasn't even read the pre-socratics

All of you are illiterates.

Start with the Atlantians!1

Start with the Africans

Start with the Mahabharata. It is the only book one needs to read, ever. It contains a hundred thousand passages; I'll be reading 10 passages a day, should take me around 28 years or so.

START WITH MY DIARY SENPAI

in my first ever college class, in the first semester of my first year, on the literal first day of school, we started with gilgamesh

it was in that norton world lit anthology

Start with the neolithic cave paintings

>he didn't start with cave drawings
I bet you don't even know what happened to the tribe that met the buffalo.

My friend, dearest user, there's surely a reason why we start with the Greeks, oh yes, and not the Egyptian Book of the Dead or the OT among other Bronze Age literature irregardless if they're influential, and but so we do come back to that era, we do come back to them; however, we must start with the Greeks, we ought to and have been for centuries, so I tell you to stick with this tradition, user, as it's there not for no reason.

Not even memeing, start with Zoroastrianism

Plato is a fiction writer, Socrates was an anarchist pedophile, Pindar is just mad because his brother got the house

we need to go further

Come back when you've penetrated racial memory. Then we'll talk.