Veeky Forums careers? I am disillusioned with my current career path. pic unrelated

Veeky Forums careers? I am disillusioned with my current career path. pic unrelated

>lit
>career

There is no contentment in this world

living unabomber style in the woods

This unironically

Librarian.

Writing every day and getting discovered twenty years after you die

Assuming you have a lit degree of some kind, apply to be a slush reader at a publishing house. Or write shitty political op-eds and sell them to places like huffpo and thehill; the mob needs their daily two minutes hate. Write a few short stories and submit them together. Especially this if they are explore a common theme.

There isn't a lot of money in Veeky Forums, but that's not why people pursue it. Unironically join the Army, that's what I did. Wanted to be like Papa, or Wilfred Owen.

an angel

>is x /y/

>Or write shitty political op-eds and sell them to places like huffpo and thehill; the mob needs their daily two minutes hate.

nobody makes money doing this and its evil

Does anyone here know about archivists?

Lol a writer obvi

If you want to live in the world of esteemed writers, artistic bohemian nonsense then you are living in the past. You are trying to find a job in a lifestyle that was sold to you by marketing firms to make a profit

If you want to read literature and develop your writing skills, find what you are absolutely best at. Find the easiest job that pays a livable wage using those skills. Half-ass your job while maintaining a blog and self-publish your work.

I worked as a "professional" musician briefly and it corrupted everything I loved about it (above applies more to music industry than writing industry). I switched to doing QA monkey work, while writing music after work. My job is such low stress and allows for daydreaming.

thats exactly my thinking...I'm on 2nd year of college and I never wanted to do it, I'm getting ass pounded by my grades because I can't commit seriously to something I don't want, and I always think that way, that I should just find a brainless job to survive and focus on literature on free time. I don't want jobs with responsabilities, that you have to work 12 hours a day in a stressful fucking office...this thoughts makes me want to seriously quit my college...(I study for free though, so I'm trying to just finish so I have a degree...)

This is what I'm going for as well. QA sounds pretty reasonable actually.

I got a comfy finance job, only 40 hours, and have time for a few hours of writing every night.

because you're a shut-in and no one cares to check on you before then

Also, to OP, translation is pretty lit. It will likely be automated eventually, but there are still many, many good years before then.

Yeah. The ones I know of you need to do a masters in Archiving to get a job and then the pay levels off quickly. But you do get to be around old books, maybe even learn how to restore them. I've considered it.

What's QA?

If you are not in some shithole always at war, unironically join the military.
My friend is in the airforce and he does fuckall most of the time. 90% of the "work" is driving some general around when they need to go to the airport.

Pay is not stellar but job is set for life if you so desire and you can spend your lots of downtime doing whatever you want. In my friend case he plays 3DS.

Read classic books to old farts, hear their stories, then go home and write books inspired by them.

riverrun, my asshole snapped forward with a sickening squelch. from it, a glistening, crimson, fleshy pipe oozing a brownish-green liquid, like watery sewage-paste, highlighted by the scarletness of my prolapsed rectum. my gay friend Rascario's tongue flicked up and down the floppy appendage, circling around the descended hole and lightly pushing the pink organ inside the extraordinarily loose orifice, sucking it with a slurping echo the salty runaway juices.

Quality assurance.

I'm in the same position as you (free ride at a great school). There are some interesting jobs innawoods back home, and I'm considering taking one instead of spending a few more stressful years here for a piece of paper that will at best grant me lots of money I don't need.

I´ve no idea how hard the market is, but my guess, its fucking hard. But, if you dont try, you stand no chance. If you wanna be a writer, write. Give it your all. Publish it somehow.

I manage somehow, halfhearted get a job as a cameraman/editor. Which is a dreamjob to some. Its cool and all, but i also wish to be a writer. Someday i´ll write something terrible and sell it, and then live of it for a small time.

Whos the gurl user?

Literature is about the inner workings and emotions and worldview of other people.

Therefore doctor is the most lit career.

t. doctor

NEETbux

>the inner workings and emotions and worldview of other people
Wouldn't that be psychology though?

I'd say psychology tries to figure that out but literature just tries to give you an insight into what it is with a greater focus on the experience, actually with some disregard for analysis

manual labor

Psychiatry or Psychology?

Neurology. I got plenty of psychiatric patients on me, no worries.

Do you like it? I'm thinking about going into it after I finish up my bachelors.

But do you have time to read for pleasure?

who is this qt?