>>10147194

svaka čast ante, svaka čast

why is this book a meme?

JEBEM TI MATER

i would guess it's some back door manipulation or palm-greasing, of a similar nature to the shady shit that explains irrelevant and boring youtubers being thrust into the limelight in the space of a fortnight.

I've already seen this garbage translated in Romanian at a bookstore in sibiu.

> tfw proud slav who acquires complete understanding of the deep subtext of “milk and honey” just by reading it in congeneric mother tongue, very much unlike some Pidgin English-speaking person who faces that phrase directly

>professor leading exercise in which a passage from Bartleby the Scrivener is displayed on a projector and all the students have to take turns either adding a paragraph break or deleting sections
>goal is to turn it into poetry
>at one point someone says "you can't just add paragraph breaks to sentences and call it poetry"
>I turn to them and say "careful, you'll put Rupi Kaur out of a job"
>some people gasp and the room is silent for a while
>I'm now hated by a third of the class

what

Its like a 5 minutes job to do the whole book and she makes more money from it

You're doing the Lord's work, user.

That didn't happen lol

I keep seeing ads for her new book in the Toronto subway

>insta-SUCCen

People love to hate it. It's like a caricature of everything that ever gave "poets" a bad reputation except it's real and 100% genuine.

And /pol/ sticks to it like flies on shit it because they think (and they're actually probably right in this instance) that the only reason this claptrap ever even got published at all is because she's brown and a woman.

>only one
What does it mean?

Henceforth I shall daily remind you, brainlets, that the most talented talented poetess of our time has had her work published in ten languages so far, while you are yet to get your scribbles accepted into a high-school literary magazine of the Bumfuck Nowhere. Remember that while angrily type edgy greentexts full of jealousy about the sole contemporary poetic genius.

What?

It quite literally did. I had no idea how respected her work actually is

literally all brown thots on instagram repost stupid ass quotes from this gay ass book its ridiculous

Meanwhile, in Russia...

> Can an insect critically determine the outcome of World War II? It can, if engineering corps colonel Petr Degtyarev, fallen heroically on one of the merciless battles at Donbass of August 2014, is inside.

jebenica stari moj

The twist in the Chinese translation is that the book is made out of BPA and is covered in carcinogens.

There's a Serbian translation now?

>>Rupi is being translated to irrelevant slav non-languages
Not to mine. My slav non-language is, fortunately, more irrelevant than yours.

I bet she's embarrassed by it and hates how all this shilling devalues any praise of her work.

That's my language.....but who the hell is Rupi Kaur?

It's the worst possible incarnation of New Sincerity.

first of all: nice numbers you double-nazi
second of all:

>garbage
>is romanian
jej

first time seeing another slovene poster on here.
i hope the book never gets translated into slovene

only one bee

you've got to be kidding.

not just brown thots

Semper ego auditor tantum? numquamne reponam
uexatus totiens rauci Theseide Cordi?
inpune ergo mihi recitauerit ille togatas,
hic elegos? inpune diem consumpserit ingens
Telephus aut summi plena iam margine libri
scriptus et in tergo necdum finitus Orestes?

Can we, as Veeky Forums, collectively publish an anthology of satirical poems (but actually proper poetry) about the current state of affairs? We could include different languages for people who aren't native anglos, it would be great.

Being ex-yu is sufferring
(not because of nostalgia)

We are currently witnessing a literary legend in the making. This is how people must have felt about, for example, Eliot as he got famous.
Deal with it Veeky Forums, Rupi will enter the canon

Triggered much, Hrvoje?

contribute

>izdavački fenomen

fuck this book

Young women are shallow, and every institution is telling them that they're deeper than any man on account of their womanness.

Fuck those cunts, i had a chuckle user.

I'm really conflicted. Usually when Veeky Forums says something is bad its actually good and just acclaimed by normies.

But the excerpts I've seen from this don't seem like something I could enjoy unironically

But if cute brown girls are really into her maybe its worthwhile to read this for a laugh and be able to connect with them via the same experience

Why is life filled with so many difficult micro decisions.

It's all just contrarianism in the face of jealousy.

Read it at least because it's relevant. People are talking about it, and smart people. Whether or not it's actually influential will be determined in a few decades, but if you want to participate in the general cultural conversation it's good to be aware of what's going on around you.

Don't buy it though. Borrow from someone.

Classic. But you should aim to alienate another third of the class minimum.

>letting your work be translated
pleb

i am a woman
woman
i menstruate
strong
woman
-rupi "poo in loo" kaur

Lol at wasting your precious time to read something just to please others. You are not going to make it brah

>danas sam saznao da moji ljudi isto su ovdje

Pa nisam znao da možete čitati.
I know this didn't happen, but I love you for writing it anyway

Is criticizing Rupi tantamount to racism or something? That reaction seems a little extreme.

The good news is that I promise it truly did. The gasping is the only part I exaggerated
I think it's more that she's considered some sort of symbol of resilience and feminine strength or something. To them, criticizing it puts me in the "other" camp, I'd imagine

>Pa nisam znao da možete čitati.
Ne projiciraj svoje nedostatke na cijelu zemlju

Having a third of the class hate you, a third love you, and a third ambivalent or mixed is the perfect ratio.
Life needs its villains user

>I love you for writing it anyway

Lăptic pe lindic de Pipi "caca la oliță" Kapur (trad. liberă)

m-am menstruat pe mine
iar
incontinența mi se trage de la când
mi-ai tras-o
de când masculinitatea ta mi-a
sfredelit
adâncimile anale ale
sufletului
mă doare vaginoaica mea ferfenițită de femeie care
îs.

Rybachenko is the hero isekai needs

Koliko ovo loše zvuči na hrvatskom, čisti krindž

kad imate
roditelja alkoholičara
stvar je u tome
da nemate roditelja alkoholičara
samo
alkoholičara koji ne može ostati trijezan dovoljno dugo da podigne djecu

>podigne djecu

Realno, "podići djecu" uobičajena je fraza. Njena poezija ima puno većih problema.

Istina, samo mi se čini da je prevoditelj odradio loš posao i preveo "raise" doslovno, "odgoji djecu" je prikladnije

podigne djecu je ok, kao sto je user iznad rekao, ova poezija ima puno vecih problema od ove fraze...

podignem ti staru

Je suis toujours surpris par la quantité de slavs ici.

GUYS I JUST HAD THE BEST THOUGHT

I JUST FUCKING REALIZED

MIRA GONZALEZ WAS THE SHITTY HALF-FINISHED PROTOTYPE OF RUPI KAUR

Holy shit, not only is Rupi Kaur EVERYTHING that Mira wanted to be, a big successful lowercase feminist social media poet, she also proves how vapid that vocation was all along. Mira not only failed to do what Rupi did, failed to become an overnight sensation and instead completely fizzled into nothingness, the core of what Mira "does" is clearly represented by Rupi, i.e., completely vacuous machine-generated twentysomething twitter brainfarts passed off as edgy poetry

Rupi Kaur is like a double insult to Mira. Mira never made it off the ground, she's completely forgotten and has no money or fame to show for throwing her entire life into an identity that didn't work out for her. Rupi not only wears that identity better, Rupi is also rich as fuck, AND completely retarded and empty-headed, showing that nothing Mira was doing had any literary merit anyway.

I love Rupi Kaur now.

don't say that
mira browses this board
she might take a trip to glockland if she read sthat

i applaud you user. thanks for the keks

Whenever I go to the bookshop at the mall near me this is always in the classics section. Does that mean this is good?

I want to know MORE

Rupi is better than Mira

Both are dogshit, but at least Rupi writes about more than sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll

Just because you can't relate to something doesn't mean it's bad.

Shouldn't you be begging Tao Lin for relevance, Mira?

Shouldn't you be begging your mom to have sex with you?

82% of reviewers gave this book five stars

uobicajena fraza je podici djecu, eventualno podizati, podigne je apsolutna katastrofa

Back in my college days I had a girl say the same thing about Whitman. Professor went red with rage.

Whew, at least she is still unreadable in Serbian, Bosnian and Montenegrin.

>Flowers of Millenial . jpg

As a poet worth his salt--this makes me want to fucken die (that if I ever decide to publish my poe, it will never sell and be translated into so many different works.