Sad times

This came out in the biggest newspaper in my country.It says her songs are the voice of the generation. It’s sad how some things, because notorious normies are in a majority, become popular, while having no quality.It also says, and I quote:”...she’s miles ahead from recent phenomenas like 50 shades of gray.”
Sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLxMnT5AC4
verbum.hr/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCATt0P7DM
youtube.com/watch?v=ipYGL3jFXfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nuI5J1pYBZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=neu06eLLzZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=wPcnROg5b9A
youtube.com/watch?v=rHPkwNw4n_4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UxF7GLd8QcA
thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8O6tCUMdY8M
nytimes.com/2017/10/05/fashion/rupi-kaur-poetry-the-sun-and-her-flowers.html
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2013/01/no_self-respecting_woman_would.html
subtropics.english.ufl.edu/index.php/2017/06/12/notes-ascendancy-identity-politics-literary-writing/
adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how can such a shitbook be so successful, and not only in america, but in eastern europe as well?

stay jealous, plebs
no one wants to hear your fag songs you call 'poetry'.

god people are just so fucking stupid, i am not even trying to be edgy. But there isn't any difference between the average person and a child. they are still children in their mind.

>some shitty russian rape country
>doesnt even produce literature
>relevant
nothing of value was lost

you obviously know very little about europe and its countries

>Sad.
pottery. Neck yourself

Croatia?

Thanks for pointing out that guys ignorance
There are dumb people everywhere.
Yea,they think that anything edgy and dumb enough is good, so they spread it and it becomes a trend
They bask in the stupidity

Not everyone centers their life around US politics.

Yep

Yeah, some center it around meme poets who are more relevant than their shithole of a country. Are you wearing your tracksuit to your miminum wage job, oaf?

>some center it around meme poets
>talks exclusively in memes
>babby baiting
You may want to stick to sub-80 IQ boards you crawled out of, bubbaleh.

>croatia
literally who cares
wow thank you for those astute sociologic observations

>talks exclusively in memes
>Sad
Epic! Capital!

How can anyone take this bitch seriously? Honestly. What the fuck. Who enjoys reading this shit? Who are these people buying her book? Who thinks her writing has any value whatsoever? Am I being memed on a grand scale?

Universal literacy and democracy. Plato warned against this.

>everyone who replies to me is the same person
>one the most common words in English is a meme
Do get out of your pissbottle cave sometime and join the rest of us in reality.

not op, i’m assuming you’re from one of the "important" countries. If this is happening in an internationally irrelevant country such as croatia, then you’re even more fucked.

Women.

Of course it's a meme when it's used like in the OP.
>everyone who replies to me is the same person
>implying

Koje novine bajo?

slit your wrists

woah.. sad times indeed..

>this is happening
Nothing is happening. Mainstream tabloid's culture section reporting on worthless garbage isn't a new development. If anything Rupi Kaur is probably still a step above Fifty Shades, so that's an improvement overall.

Večernji
I just wanted to point out how stupid normies dictate what’s “good”, even in my country.The other thing I again saw is that whatever the opinion is, there will be people on Veeky Forums who’ll shit on it.Veeky Forums is no place for a man.

still waters run deep

Tracksuits got triggered because this hack is brown unlike most of the hacks they're used to seeing in the biggest newspaper of the country.
>even in my country
Stupid normies dictate what's good everywhere, you fucking spastic. And they've been doing it for a long time. Perhaps you should , autismo

More quality content I see.

>spatting out insults for no reason at all
you must be 12
btw, tracksuit culture only exists in russia and in some of their ex-satellite countries. Croatia is far from that. I know that and i’m not even from Europe. You’re a real brainlet, most likely from /pol/
polite sage because we already have such a thread.

Again, showing the typical Veeky Forums user:hateful and rude, without any need.

>I know that and i’m not even from Europe
>most likely from /pol/
Is that where you get your knowledge from? I live in a shithole close and similar to the OP, and I know better than get triggered when some hack makes the news. Sad times jej
kys samefag

already, autist.

Name one work of literature hailing from Croatia, I dare you

The Bridge on the Drina

Is this another Aneeta situation?

a current fad of literary hackery gets press attention in some third world shithole, and c/lit/s see this as an opportunity to virtue signal about how THE WORLD DOOMED, UNIVERSAL LITERACY WAS A MISTAKE, OH WHY OH WHY AM I SO MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE LOWLY PLEBS REEEEE
it would be funny if it wasn't sad and banal

>The Return of Philip Latinowicz
>Judith by Marulich
>The Death of Smail-aga Čengić

This

Somthing pjesma song and glas a voice and generacija a genertion ??

A song of voice of genertion ?? I am russian i Anderstend it

Its indija in there movies there is songs of some indian dancing with some indianka ;D jimi jimi jimi hacza hacza hacz :)

So What you try to said with Your post serbian bro ?

Sheikh Pir

lol
i lost at
>So What you try to said with Your post serbian bro ?

ironically if people didn't freak the fuck out about the period blood picture no one would know who Rupi is. It was the press coverage from that huge bout of shitflinging that propelled her and her shitty book into the stratosphere.

Serbska Kniga Bitva na polje Kosovo protiv turskava majmuna? Da ili niet?

>This came out in the biggest newspaper in my country
Is this the first time you bought a newspaper?

Alo pederu jedan već sam napravio klupko na istu temu Kaj mi kradeš (You)ove pička ti materina

I can name plenty of them but I'm a croat so I guess that would be cheating.

>Gives you red potions if you bring her a bottle

"Kako smo izgubili Savudrijsko valo" by Andrej Plenkovič
It’s not yet written, but it will be a New York bestseller.

Zdravo radimir ja ivan ti mozeš daje mi imena knig vasich legindarnich pisateljach puno molim te bratko?

Dobro ?

evo ti (You)

Dečki, jedini dobri izdavači su Verbum i samostani. Globus ima novog Wittgensteina. Vidimo se na Interliberu.

Mljeko i med

this meme is real

Moлoкo и мёд

So whan we gona start to gunside evrey albenian Turk in kosovo??? 2019 godina or 2020? Do you strong ?? What will be the name of our brigada?

Best name is ivana brigda

Z-zar smo i mi došli dovde?

She is on par with Fifty Shades, wtf.

(You), ty buzerant.

not your army

Who cares?
Mediocre literature always existed, I really don't see why lit feels the need to talk about it all the time, rise above faggots

Back to >>>/so/sach быдлo.

>Mediocre literature always existed
But it's never been pushed as high brow as much as today. Besides, Kaur is not even mediocre, which makes it worse.

reeeee

>I really don't see why lit feels the need to talk about it all the time
as i said, it's pure virtue signalling

hot meme m8

Did you know that Schopenhauer mother who wrote chic-fics was more famous than he was and for his whole life he was known as the son of Johanna Schopenhauer?

Centuries later all her books are forgotten and now she is only known as being his mother.

Oh and she had epic banter skills

>On his arrival at Weimar he presented his mother with a copy of his work. She did not even evince the ordinary interest of an acquaintance, still less that of a mother, for her son's production, of however uncongenial a character.

>'The fourfold root,' she said. 'Oh, I suppose that is a book for apothecaries.'

>His haughty reply is surely pardonable.

>'It will be read, mother, when even the lumber room will not contain a copy of your works.'

>It was diamond cut diamond. 'The whole edition of yours will still be on hand,' she answered.

Here i find the song for you :D

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLxMnT5AC4

>verbum.hr/
>Jean Mercier - Kad župniku prekipi
>međunarodni vjerski bestseler
>Vjernici se svađaju, župnika gnjave lijevi i desni, a biskup ga ne razumije...

Wrong. Girls.
I know women who roll their eyes at this shit.

idzi nachuj Suka serbi i bulgari naši ortodkskiji bratja

>pushed as high brow
Where the fuck is it pushed as high brow? Do you see her lauded by esteemed academic critics? Do you see accolades in literary magazines and journals? Was she shortlisted for Pulitzer or Nobel? All that is happening is mass-media is reporting on popular mass-trash. Stop being such a fucking brainlet

You're retarded if you think she's being pushed as high brow, and you haven't been paying attention f you think it's the first time that hacks have mainstream success.

>ortodkskiji
You're no brother of mine, larping gypsy trash.

OK SO I HATE YOU ALL WITH A BURNING PASSIONNNNN!!!!!!(`ε´) (◣_◢)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCATt0P7DM

Nahhh the fuck off man is real we are brothers even is u hate me there are 1000000 serbs and russians thet know we are brothers and the cyrillic alfabet is in our blood we dont have ћ and ђ and љ and њ and џ Kosovo will be free Soon we anderstend each other 90% so hajde post some good Croatian serbian bosnian tunes. We in Russia don't have thet typical legendary "accordion solos/trumpet solos/beats" with thet voice type of music but Its real good Its Just make me become even more barbaric cold blood slav thet i am now :D hahahaah

youtube.com/watch?v=ipYGL3jFXfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nuI5J1pYBZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=neu06eLLzZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=wPcnROg5b9A
youtube.com/watch?v=rHPkwNw4n_4

We are coming Soon to help u some greeks bulgarians and armenians i know all ready confiremd so get Your popcorn and get ready :D

Pic releted Its me i look like him and may god help the pepole who will fuck with me :)

Every day I grow more aristocratic and discriminatory, this liberal phenomena is unbearable. What does Plato suggest to fix this? I see at present no option but Evola

Phenomena is the plural, you uneducated spastic. You either say "this phenomenon" or "these phenomena".

>the cyrillic alfabet is in our blood
"If you cut us, do we not bleed alphabet soup?"

Being the voice of your generation doesn't imply being a good writer. You're complaining about a popular writer being considered as popular.

>academics and magazines

As if anyone gave a shit about those nowadays... As if those were not cesspits of liberals who actually enabled Kaur to begin with...

Kys.

Cancer to you and your family.

>Virgin Veeky Forums
>Chad Kaur

I see Your skull if full of prapaganda thet we are the bad guys we drink vodka we dance with bears and Its realy cold and evrey day is snowing in Russia and my name us Ivan and my gf name is Natasa
Here u go

Site down my slavic barbaric son and let me tell you a story

>Russian language is realy old
>my mother tounge was Finnish swidish as I'm originally from novgorod
>100% pure Slavic Viking blood in my body
Every morning I get up and thank my slavic gods for this precious gift.
I fully understand that my slavic genes, mentality and barbaric instincts protect me from being a fucking cuck like the most of the westerns weak scums are.
But I still have my slavic brothers fate thet right now are infected with this westener evil jewish scums in east Europa in Ukraine in hungaria in Poland in the Balkan They are all over the place this filty Englos Americans who do Any thing They can to make a war between us the Slavs dont you get it ?? look at swedan look at cucked Germany is infected by this scums look at all the world They are all infected by the globolizem.

The purest and original slavs live in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. We never get mixed with mongols not with englos Its a prapaganda They tell you When you a serb or me a russian or any slavic man speak the Russian language then your body starts producing high amounts of testosterone. So Thus cucking a slavic russian serbian man is simply Just impossible. The reason why our countries are fucked up is because the majority of our men are alpha males who because of high T, do what they fucking want without thinking about others and america use this to make a war btwean us the slavs in east Europa btwean all of us now in Your yugoslavia in ostro-hungaria in Bulgaria in gracce the west halped the muslims and the jews Just like right now america protecting isreal the zionist land

Also blyat Though when our beautiful slavic master race women speak, they sound so feminine that all they can do is just being submissive to us to the slavic man even if he beat her to death

The Russian language sounds pure and strong. And barbaric for man and sexy for women and Kind for our Kids and It was created by men who had to live under very rough hard circumstances in snow and cold and ice It is a language every alpha slavic blood male should speak.

You are full of prapaganda if you think russians can dare himsalf to kill a serb

Our moto is We will kill Only nato soldiers and pepole who dont speak the slavic languages

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UxF7GLd8QcA

Pasta or just dumb??

Just read this, it will make you happy again: thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html

Thnks

guys lets just ambush her readings and read off our own rupi poems. it's what bolano would have wanted.

Not post ? Come from my slavic cold blood heart

the Americans They hate slavs

We are all Russians serbs to them, and all Russians or other slavs are communists to them. I am sure that 95% of USA Anglo population sees everything east of Germany as that Slovakia sequence movie from Eurotrip and thets sad

Only slavs will Anderstend my posts

Wow,, nice way to generalize us. Maybe if you were not so obnoxious, people would treat you better, but you prefer to think that's all due to your slavic heritage, nice eay to dodge issues

Veeky Forumss most discussed poet

I dont know what the hell you talking about bratishka, this is what's wrong with us Slavs, we don't stick together.
Do you realy want to live in a mixed multicultural world whan ancale sam control you and tell you what to do????

Here, some quality Serbian ethno
youtube.com/watch?v=8O6tCUMdY8M

You need to anderstend I love my country and it's feel so good right now, it's snowing and cold and I love it being able to feel 100% genuine pure sad happy melancholy of doom and sorrow in my home reading Dostoyevsky with my girlfriend Natasha cooking red borsch to me and my dog bobik sleaping and my cat murzik on the other side of him

I just I don't want to go out one day and see the dagneret shit you see in the wast nigers Muslims guys lesbians man fuck man in the ass man who become women and women become man feminizem and multicultural rules to make you love thet things

I wish the USSR won against USA in the cold war. The world would've been a barbaric aryan master race Paradise today

Apт-пpoeкт или гидpoцeфaлия? Уeбывaй нa cocaч, oлигoфpeн нecчacтный.

This Atlantic article is fucking hilarious.

thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html

>Kaur does not like to read when she is writing, and says that she hasn’t finished a book all year.

>“I will always go into a used bookstore,” she says, even when she’s working. “I’ll collect a lot of covers that inspire me — whether it’s the paper inside, whether it’s a font, so then later I can be like, okay, how’s mine going to look?”

>“This guy is the best,” she says, noticing an edition of Kafka’s complete stories; she’s referring to Peter Mendelsund, the book’s designer. “The dream is to have him design my next book.” His work, she points out, translates well across media — to different sizes, to posters, to digital.

And this is the gem:

>On a cart at the Strand, Milk and Honey sits alongside Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit, and Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehesi Coates. Kaur read half of Between the World and Me. “I had to take notes,” she says — it was “more academic” than her typical reading.

She's famous because women are fucking stupid. You just have to not let it bother you, and learn to laugh at them.

>hailing
Fantano, please

It's a book for normie philistine pseuds to read and feel cultured.

My school is swarming with chicks and faggots who drool over this warm garbage
I say this as a faggot myself

>the period blood picture
w-wait, that was her? holy fuck, I had no idea
We've come full circle

the neoliberal NWO is promoting Rupi Kaur's content as a form of indoctrination

>that was her?
No, I recall seeing that picture years ago

>Many fans told me they share her poems with friends via Instagram or screen shots sent as texts, as encouragement or as a way to let Ms. Kaur’s work speak for them. Ms. Kaur becomes permission and voice both, a reminder and a vehicle that they have every right to speak, even when they are made to feel like they should be silent. Organizations including the National Eating Disorders Association, Moms Can Code, and Curvy Girls Scoliosis all broadcast Ms. Kaur’s work on social media as encouragement, solidarity or motivation.
>nytimes.com/2017/10/05/fashion/rupi-kaur-poetry-the-sun-and-her-flowers.html

Rupi Kaur is a product of neoliberalism and the communicative economies of social media. She started out on instagram and her 'poems' could easily be mistaken for fake Marilyn Monroe quotes shared by normie thots on facebook. You can't criticise Rupi Kaur's work without addressing the cultural ecosystem that produced it, ie. the 'eternal present' of late capitalism, a world inhabited by atomised subjects wrecked by anxiety disorders, desperate for a sense of identity and authenticity. Yoga, Astrology, pop feminism, technoutopianism and identity politics all draw from the same new age californian substrate. The subject has to be fully quantified and monetised, everything that was once hidden has to be laid out in the open. Behind the total sovereign freedom of the consumer unit, lurk the baroque coercive mechanisms of the society of control, algorithms, panopticons, nonstop propaganda streams. This can only end in mass psychosis.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2013/01/no_self-respecting_woman_would.html

subtropics.english.ufl.edu/index.php/2017/06/12/notes-ascendancy-identity-politics-literary-writing/

LMAO
>The Technopo(e)litics of Rupi Kaur: (de)Colonial AestheTics and Spatial Narrations in the DigiFemme Age

>Abstract: Rupi Kaur, a trending poetess of Instagram, has recently gained critical acclaim online for her newly published poetry collection milk and honey which is a stunning depiction of trauma, survival, love, womanhood, and friendship. Identifying as a first-generation Canadian, Punjabi-Sikh, woman of color, Kaur works visually in her book and on Instagram to portray and subvert how space functions to produce the gendered, diasporic subject as a body that is “unhomed.” Through the complex interplay of illustrated imagery and verse, Kaur contests the violent spatial (and bordering) practices of nationalism by positioning her poems’ personae in new and different ways to occupy, produce, and claim space off and online—performances of celebration, reclamation, resistance, and ultimately, acts of (de)colonial self-love. Kaur’s art and cyberspatial narration adds an important dimension to considering the colonial project of space. Occupying space on Instagram, Kaur supplants the place where women have traditionally been relegated. It is exactly the embodied telling of Kaur’s artwork that she attributes to the importance of its public nature: the Instagram becomes the home—rehomed by her art—whereas the nation becomes the network. Through Kaur’s narratives shared online, Kaur connects to a cyberspatial sisterhood and demonstrates that healing through narrative is necessarily collective.

adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/

>a journal of gender, new media and technology

>LAMO LIBTARDS
>im repilled btw
Great point.