ITT: words that you always tend to misspell and have to go back and correct them

ITT: words that you always tend to misspell and have to go back and correct them

ridiculous
superfluous

I used to have problems with definitely. Always added another L.

adderall
words with two sets of double consonants are the ones i have trouble with

necessary
I have never once in my life spelled this goddamn word correctly.

Disappeared
Embarrassed
A few others
I always forget which letters are written twice

Yes, add Adderall to this list

Beareucracy
I hate the French so much

Misspelled

rhythm

It's especially confusing since in french, it's spelled "rythme", without the "h" after the "r".

Thieving. I also place as E before the I for some reason.

And this, funnily enough. Why does the prefix "mis" have one s for every other word, like "misplace", but with "misspell" is two?

I would often misspell this word until I made myself think of it in terms of its Greek roots, i.e. the "rh" being the same sort as rhetoric, rhombus, etc.

Bureau-cracy

Because it prefixes the word 'spell', which starts with an 's' itself?

I just remind myself to say neck-ess-ary whenever I have to spell it

Concomitant

>definitely
>Disappeared
>ridiculous
These

>calendar
>separately
fuck english spelling desu

>exercise
I always want to write excercise for some reason.

chthonic
apophthegm

Amount. Someting in my soul urges me to spell it ammount.

necessary
neccesary
I don't know

well it'd be pronounced "necksesary" if it were the latter, wouldn't it?

Here are some tricks I use

Desperately - Just the word "desperate" with ly. may sound obvious but this helps
Ridiculous - Take the word "ridicule" remove the "e" and just put "ous"
Disappointment, disappear, etc - I like to use this little jingle "one S and two Ps, that's how you spell these"

>english
>having shallow orthography

who are you quoting?

bureaucracy

Not neccessarily

It would, like how "flaccid" is pronounced flak-sid, etc.

defiNITEly

>like how "flaccid" is pronounced flak-sid
...but it isn't

>tfw you misspell your own name all the time

Medditeranean
Opprotunity

This and any word with s then ss or ss then s or random Ci ic ei ie

Is that some weird American pronunciation or something? I've never heard it pronounced flak-sid

You, doofus.

privilege. i spell it wrong almost every time. i never actually want to use the word, so i dont care to learn how its spelled

embarass
omlet? omlette? omelett? what the fuck is even correct

not entirely on topic but this reminded me of how much I struggled with the word restaurant as a lad. I think that was the last time mastering the spelling of something gave me pride.

Apparently it's an antiquated pronunciation. The modern, correct pronounciation is now flass-id

Generally, "c" prior to an "e" or "i" sound is pronounced like "s", but since there are two "c"s, only the second one is pronounced "s" and the other is pronounced "k". You see the same thing in words like "accident", "accede", etc. British dictionaries appear to list flas-id first, but also list flak-sid.

>American
>weird
Suck on my flax seed dong, fruitcake.

Lots of people also mistakenly pronounce "grimace" as GRIM-uhs, but that doesn't mean it's antiquated.

>omelette

I assume its like "succinct" in that everyone pronounces it "su-sinct" despite the original pronunciation being "suk-sinct

All of the c's in succinct are pronounced.

Colleagues