It's your time to shine user

It's your time to shine user.
> your age
> how many books you've read

naw also underage also 6 is nothing

>31
>No idea, but not enough and only 2 this year

I've decided to dedicate much of my free time to reading instead of film and TV. I've read one book this weekend. Should I try and read/start 1 book a week? Or are targets pointless? How do I keep on track?

about 300

like 400 idk

around 6 or 700

>How do I keep on track?

putting in the hours every day, as a discipline. some books take longer than a week to read so that's a bogus metric. not bad as a basic goal though, averaged out over a year.

Only around 30. That's a guess, because I don't keep track. I need to read more.

>600-700
This would mean you read roughly a book every 10 days since you turned 6.

your arithmetic is off

not him and it isn't.

>He thinks 600-700 is a lot of books
Also a book every 10 days is very slow

It isn't very slow for anyone with a full-time job or for a child in full-time school education.

I'll be 20 tomorrow kek
i don't know, i think 160-180.I got into literature last year

Most books are around 300 pages, which is 30 pages a day which is around 30 minutes a day. I think that's pretty slow.

>30 pages a day which is around 30 minutes a day
Depends what kind of book, but okay, maybe I had the wrong mental image.

Around 500, I don't keep count

OK here I know, it'd be like a dude trying to impress you wig his 2inch penis...

Okay, thanks. So I should look at it more in hours of reading a week? Seems sensible.

I really struggle with just sitting down and reading, read the best when I'm in the train which I'm very often in but otherwise it's basicly impossible for me to get a good reading session.

>one page every minute

On average, yes.

>28
>500-600
300 of which have been the last 3-4 yrs

I can't even move my eyes across the page that fast without my eyes physically hurting.

>being an brainlet AND an eyelet

~70

c.250
my ex gf probably read 3 or 4 times that easy. i mean a book every 3 or 4 days sometimes

> 25

> c. 300-400. Including comics and mangas, up into the 4,000.

>Including comics and mangas

Don't

65 on goodreads but I started the account only a few years ago and haven't added any of the YA stuff I used to read when I was younger...

>Including comics and mangas

>23
>268 according to goodreads

This doesn't count re-reads, and I re-read a lot. Two years ago this number was less than 50. This year I've read 69 books (that includes re-reads).

This is attainable.

1.5k~

>lying on the Internet

t. jelly brainlet

you are reading manga. there is no way you are reading an actual book at 1page/minute. you are either bullshitting or skimming/speed memeing.

I'd like to see you reading a page of the bible, IJ, moby dick, ulysses, divine comedy in 1 minute.

>No Longer Human
>The Wind Up Bird Chronicle
>Native Son
>the Catcher in the Rye
>Slaughterhouse Five
>the Road
>And Then There Were None
>the Bell Jar
>The Trial
>Almost Transparent Blue
>Temple of the Golden Pavilon
>the Pale King
>the Ocean at the End of the Lane
>V.
>Animal Farm
>On The Road
>Idoru
>Requiem For A Dream
>Trainspotting
>Junkie
>Reanimator
>A Clockwork Orange
>Battle Royale
>Never Let Me Go
24 books I've read coz I am 24 years old.

Can't wait to see what my 25th book will be.

Around 2010-2013 I usually read a book every week, it was crazy, now I usually keep it one per month.

I'm 27 and I guess probably around 250-300 books. Most of them non fiction

Ignoring gradeschool shit like dr seuss, goosebumps, harry potter and the like, probably around 75

He's probably counting stuff like Goodnight Moon.

I can read from fifty to seventy pages an hour. Also Divine Commedy isn't hard to read at all and Ulysses and the Bible are a special case, not the norm. Everyone reads at a different speed, stop being so insecure.

70 'real' books (not including children's/YA), but 50 of those were in the last three years

~400 probably

Happy Birthday, user.

Made me chuckle.

Maybe 50? like 10 since I graduated

Didn't Nabokov say he read like thousands of books whenhe was young? Was he bullshitting?

>25
>200-500

Hundreds. I don't know.

In 2017, I only finished one book, and only because I had begun reading it in 2016. I began reading manga this year instead, so I read about 400-500 stories so far, mostly to relax after work and learn some easy Japanese. I've made good progress and want to try reading the principal works of conventional Japanese literature this year or at least starting with 2018.

>how many books you've read
Do you remember how many breads you've eaten?

I've read 103 books, maybe a few more since some books from my country aren't on Goodreads so I couldn't count them.

>21
>45 that I've recorded on GoodReads

definitely more than that tho

>20
>~1000

>19
>GR says 300

hundreds easily I don't know ? I don't keep track

That's not actually THAT much and your arithmetic is off anyway

40-700 books, give or take a few.

Somewhere between 30 and 40

Idk, you stop keeping track after awhile

Actually, I've read a shit ton of short stories,poem compilations, and shit tier science books as well, so probably well over 100 "books"

But only 30-40 proper books.

look how the number of 30-50 read at the age of 20 become 600 at the age of 28-30 yo.
such as their is a virus inside book that make you fell other about the time.
actually i understand that the grafic is a bit exponentiel, more i read, more i like to read, but number put as example always seems exagerated.

I read more now then bf, i 27, i curently read 1984 that never before, i start it 2 week ago (or 3) i'm page 360, 80 pages left, so in 2-3 days it will be done, that mean i read a book in 3-4 week, which is not bad regarding how fast i read when i was young

(i remenber have reading the hobbit, bilbo in about 1 year, 10 years ago)

so with my fastness about reading books, i can say that a major person reading book read about 15 books a year (nevertheless its actually more 7-8 for me then 15).

So still don't know how 50 at 18 become 500 at 28 !?? :)

>24
>I don't know, around 80. Wish I read more desu

>27
>Don't know, over 50, possibly 60
>Wrote 8, plus ghostwrote a couple

I enjoy writing more than reading.

300-400

18, and tourist to this board
counting books I'm 100% sure I've read all the way through, probably around 30
counting books I've dropped at some point/didn't read all the way through but at least read several chapters of, probably double that amount

My 19th birthday's in approximately 2 weeks, I'm gonna start taking things more seriously.

228 on goodreads, way more ya trash as a kid

671 books

39 books

my goodreads tells me about 159 but prob closer to 180

>He very obviously doesn't read challenging nonfiction books

You're right if it's shit like the Hunger Games or other kidlit, but I'd say any book with some meaningful depth should be taking minimum about 2-4 minutes a page, which roughly triples your time estimate and means you now need ~1:30 a day, which is a lot more intimidating to someone with a tough job.

Pic related from last book I read, one of the easiest pages of about 750. I don't care what your reading speed is, with history, taking in all the factual information present while simultaneously keeping track of geography and chronology in a country you've never been is just not doable at 1 page a minute without destroying comprehension.

100-200 probably. Finished? 75-100.

22 and probably around 25-35

yours is :^)

>80 million people with a grievance will be looking for me.
>I do not want them to find me

That's actually a pretty dope page, user

in any case u have to walk it back by a couple years because i started reading on the reg at 4 not 6. what kind of people do u think ur tlaking to on a literature forum. i read the world atlas for fun cover to cover before i started kindergarten

to ballpark it less than 500 nonfiction
less then 100 fiction
I don't really read so much for entertainment as I read out of curiosity.

does a naruto manga volume is a book ?

How many tryhard faggots browse Veeky Forums? Who the fuck keeps count of the book they read, what is the point?
Is there someone who reads because it's fun to read, here, or are most of you just trying to pick up girls by showing off? You know that re-reading IJ does not make your dick longer, right?

~300
To be fair, a decent chunk of that is action-schlock sci-for from when I was a teenager.

Never managed to finish one. But i realy wuld like to get into literature, but i dont know books that dont bore me after 50-100 pages. Maybe you guys can give me some advice.

112 for now

Dude, some people just read fast. I never started subvocalising as a kid and I can read 2 average pages per minute without a ton of issues.

>18
I dont keep track of that shit, my peen is big enough for me to not worry about a number of books read.

i prefer reading slower so i can actually take it all in

>20
> a dozen or so including during school and my mom reading books to me

>34
>Don't know. Probably around 1000 or so.

>20
>2-3 a week for like a year, so I guess like 120

Do textbooks count?

I didn't know reading books gets girls

Hundreds, but only about 30-40 ones that I would consider good now

150-200+

Pick '1984'.

What is a book? If i read a book of short stories by Stephen King is that one book? Or multiple because some of the short stories are printed in book format by themselves?

it's a taiwanese handsewing forum who cares you're not going to impress anyone

lol

> 15
> 67
I don't read that much anymore but I love British empire history I love when the British was in the Americas.