Would Veeky Forums be interested in starting its own pulp magazine? I know /co/ has their own for comics...

Would Veeky Forums be interested in starting its own pulp magazine? I know /co/ has their own for comics, but they don't accept prose. Has /litl/ tried this before and did it actually get made?

Other urls found in this thread:

daggermag.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I will put "NIGGERS" IN EVERY SINGLE ISSUE

You will not be published.
...unless you're clever about it.

Definitely interested.

No.
Great. I want to take a different approach from /co/ and use Amazon as a platform.

Can't write for shit but I'd wanna read it.

haha shit manxD nothing like agood trololol!
sure got them
NIGGE
xd!!

What ever happened to that Veeky Forums zine, there was a website, blog, and regular releases, uh, some time ago. Feels like it could be recent but then again it might have been like 5 years ago.

Have you consulted the gatekeepers?

This will be a non-Jew zine.

daggermag.com/

There have been multiple attempts on Veeky Forums to try getting a magazine together. Heck, I was part of the last failed attempt, if not the driving force behind it. Veeky Forums is not the best place to get such a project running. I suggest you find some like minded people in irl, make the first issue amongst you and your colleagues, and then open it up to Veeky Forums for material.

Someone took the writings and tried to pawn it off as his own and sell it

This. We've had tons of failed literary magazines. I think the most successful thing to come out of Veeky Forums at this point is Fluland.

Looks shite

Checked.
Exactly why I wouldn't get into this. user in this thread wants to put it on amazon. There's a 99 percent chance that nothing comes of it but you have a small opportunity to make a hit and get huge bucks off other people's work (that is, if you aren't making it free). There's also an opportunity for a really stellar inclusion to take off and help and individual contributor get a following but I guess the question arises: why wouldn't I just post my stuff directly to Veeky Forums?

Site actually looks pretty good. The physical issue not as much but future editions would have different images. The font gives off a bad metal vibe though which doesn't seem to fit but it is whatever.

>why wouldn't I just post my stuff directly to Veeky Forums?
I won't do that either, for the same reason that someone will just take it
That plus it will get shat on or, worse, ignored

Well, it is smart to submit any finished work to the library of congress or to go through the process in your respective country before posting it.

But you are right, Veeky Forums's antagonism toward itself is the reason it's one of the weakest boards on Veeky Forums. It has close to zero effect on the landscape of its interest. It is easy to write /pol/ off but if Veeky Forums had even half of its promotional force, there'd be some actual value to what we're doing here and this 'community'. But it's a combination of the wrong personalities and an inability to meme on the necessary levels.

It was called the April something or other I think

OP here. My idea would be for us to use our real names and I would pay the writers if copies were sold.

Oh. Well I sent something out to publishers. If I get rejected then I may be interested. The next issue would be, who would actually read it? If I post it on lit I at least know someone is going to see it and maybe even comment on it. But if they have to pay...

Those issues arise with any new publication. Ideally anyone who's into cheap pulpy fiction would buy it. Not many seem interested in this though. I may make another thread in a few weeks to see if that's changed.

>t. Howard Phillips Lovecraft

>using your real name on a Veeky Forums project

Fluland didn't come out of Veeky Forums, it's on indefinite hiatus since someone exposed the editor as being a /pol/ shill.

I'm sure there could be a way of the authors staying anonymous while also being able to verify it was them who wrote it the piece. Perhaps some sort of timestamp on an upload or use of cryptography keys.

It's going to end the same way as the last 63275 tries

>guys, here, write in coop
>"It was a warm September and the trees were yet to shed their leaves...
>When that fucking nigger woke up and fucked my mothers gaping pussy"
>K then. Just send me your submissions
>"Look," said Peter, "If you don't want acknowledge white genocide and the Jewish question, that's alright, but don't call me when the blackies are coming for your woman."
>Aight then. Some rules: no /pol/ pls.
>number of submission drop
>Chapter 16: Epilogue
>Page 245
>... and that's when I realized it was the kikes all along.

Bonus points for being literally retarded and renting a domain only to not pay it/sell it l2 months later, like some faggot did about a year ago.

Yes

Kek; one of those retards was me. Didn't default on bills or sell the domain (which only costs $20 or so so not a lot of money). What happened was too many people submitted and then had second thoughts a day or two later about being associated with a site with ties to Veeky Forums and/or with subsequently having the potential to have reputable journals reject their submissions; so it became infeasible to keep it up without being an ass to the people who contributed, so I just took it all down and password locked the entire site so it couldn't be used against anyone whose work was there.

Any Veeky Forums journal is going to have to be entirely anonymous (good luck, given that all the anons here have some dreams of some day seeing their writings published under their own names) or more independent of Veeky Forums than anything that's recently been attempted.

whats the issue with pseudonyms ?

Basically, several people wanted to submit the same work they submitted to me to reputable literary journals as well, except that reputable journals won't publish anything that's already been put online.

taktak.nu is on hiatus until the end of the month but will then be taking Veeky Forums submissions again, you can send them in now.

The idea would be to take writers from Veeky Forums but it wouldn't be a Veeky Forums magazine. Veeky Forums is so tame these days anyway. It isn't muh secret club anymore.

It isn't a secret club, but participation here could well have profession consequences for many if that participation became known. To a number of people Veeky Forums is just that alt-right internet hate site. Academia and literary circles aren't inclined to look positively on association with it.

To be fair I wrote in the OP for it to be a pulp magazine. Pulp is already looked down on from academia and literary circles.

I'd like to see how crazy Veeky Forums writers could get using the Lester Dent formula.

I've been collecting poems on this board for several years. When I have enough good ones to fill a collection, I'm thinking of releasing it as a free PDF.

At the moment, I'm away from home until early next year, so the project is on hiatus.

It's not on hiatus, the editor just closed his twitter. The site still updates