"Every man for himself"

"Every man for himself"

Do you believe in this?

No. Society only functions if one can rely on others. Survival of the fittest or "every man for himself" is just a self serving excuse for cowards. Even the poor fucks on the Titanic had a pecking order for those life boats, beneficial to the young and female.

No. I think there should be rules. I also think those rules should be designed in such a way that those who break them are either penalized or rewarded as good taste dictates.

Whether one believes in it or not, it is the only pursuit of the individual; for no man wishes to care for all men more than he must, for all men are able to care for at least themselves

I think it applies when it applies.

And I think it doesn't when people have the means to impose cooperative structure.

>for all men are able to care for at least themselves
What is pregnancy, early childhood, severe disability and old age?

Read Hobbes

Thank you.

Is he for or against?

What would Nietszche say?

hs senior taking ap political science here
the way his philosphy was summarized for our class was basically that hobbes believed that men are inherently terrible and that, if left to their own devices, all individuals would be at perpetual war with each other over resources, which is why they need a strong central government to control them & allow them to live together. without it life would be short and brutish because of the "every man for himself" mentality that we would naturally take.
someone correct me if my understanding is flawed.

>beneficial to the young and female.
well
well
well...

well I hate women since I am a repressed virgin manchild and they won't sleep with me so yes.

it's a way of thinking that destroys societies

ergo, it's detrimental to every man in the long term for every man to be focused only on their own needs and wants over the good of the whole

so not only have you demonstrated you own ignorance and ability to even regurgitate basic information that was shoved down your throat in a american public high school """"advanced placement"""""" course, but you have further demonstrated your ignorance by asking for help and not answering the question.

admit it, you just saw the name "Hobbes" and thought
>durrrrr that's da guy dey told me bou in skewl 2day durrrr

maybe r/books is more your speed

Not that people are inherently evil, but that morality can only exist within the context of reason and, absent a sovereign capable of forcing men to adhere to individual and social covenants, it ia within reason to act only in regard to ones own existential well-being, hence perpetual conflict.

"Survival of the fittest" does not mean the same as "every man for himself" ya dumbass

The world is every man for himself. The only reason society exists is because your net increases. People only act in self interest. Its not really an ideology that you can choose not to believe in.

What a terrible post. He admitted his knowledge may be flawed and was open to improvements, which is the cornerstone of not being a pseud, and his summary, though simplistic, was accurate. Stop posting anytime faggot

Somewhat yes, i believe that a competitive and combative environment is a self-selecting environment for competent and capable leaders and individuals. Whilst i wouldn't encourage this on a person-to-person level, at the group level i strongly advocate for it.

Women are more valuable to society than men are because of their reproductive capability.

>captcha: edgewater

You type like a weak soy boy and I bet you have a tender faggot voice

women are weak, can't fight or fend for themselves
their value drops to a solid zero if they're not under the protection of males

lmao the kid's fine. you, on the other hand, have revealed yourself to be a pathetic rodent-like FAGGOT.

they control men with their pussies, they basically run this shit

Yes, and it's in Man's own self interest to create government and rule and be ruled.

I believe that if you ask a vague question like this the answers you get are going to depend more on how each person interprets the question than any fundamental differences in opinion.

yeah bro who needs society anyway dude

eat a knife you fucking spastic

What an ignorant post.

If you, selflessly, help a GUY he'll, most of the time, feel indepted to you.

A strategic move to think about.

Read the social contract by Rousseau
and also Leviathan