Is downloading ebooks that aren't in public domain a sin? What if they're expensive textbooks?

Is downloading ebooks that aren't in public domain a sin? What if they're expensive textbooks?

>textbooks
Seize the means of introduction

Yes, it is, but when was the last time you heard of police bustin' down someone's door because they pirated a book?

>Downloading ebooks that aren't in public domain

Cool euphemism for theft, you've got there, user. Want to bring it to the nearest police station?

>tfw just downloaded a $200 pearson manual off bib

>Asset Forfeiture
>Taxes
>Repossession
>Inheritance
>Private property

These are institutionalized forms of theft which you support because they are supported by a legalistic framework. Stealing knowledge is an act of ethical rebellion.

Bentham: No, according to my calculations gross well being and utility will increase.

Kant: Probably yes, If all rational beings acted according to a universal law commanding piracy of e-books the production of e-books would collapse in the short run.

Aristotle: Probably no, downloading e-books allows for the pursuit of activities that pleasure and stimulate the rational soul unique to you as a human bean. But maybe don't steal the most expensive books, remember to do everything in moderation.

Sharing is a moral duty, faggot.

Harlan Ellison has successfully sued people for downloading his books

>theft

What's one sin compared to the countless one you have probably already committed? You and everyone you know is going to go to hell regardless.

torrenting is no sin---but seeding is

Most great authors are dead, why should you feel bad about pirating their work ?

no. use the anarchist library to your hearts content, everything is free.

if they are textbooks then it is your moral duty to steal them instead of paying the retardedly high price

what a jew

Why the fuck would it be a sin? Jesus multiplied the fish, why wouldn't he multiply the pdf files?

fuck it user. take advantage of opportunities. break the rules but not the law.

I assumed that with how small the community on Veeky Forums is that everyone here had a bibliotik account. Is this not the case?

no nigga, information wants to be free.

OP here im a catholic i dont wanna sin, that is my question
i dont care about grabbing public domain books but some ancient authors have translations that arent free

Links please.

B/c God made the fishes and Jesus is God so they're his to do with as he pleases, unlike the copyrighted book which isn't yours to multiply.

Copyright is a sin, just like interest.

>tfw no red gf

Ah, surely the son of God who is God himself doesn't have rights towards some shitty overpriced textbook.

What is your stance on a very basic form of property, id est for example an object you create from earthly materials for your own use

legit not memeing here:

what's the best english translation of ego and his own?

You don't understand Aristotle

What's the site you guys use to pirate books? I can't find the Three Doors Trilogy from Emily Rodda anywhere and on top of that it isnt sold on my country

>sin
Not if you are enlightened like me.

Intellectual property is a spook.

>paying $150 for The End of White Civilization: A Good Thing, printed and distributed by Goldman and Goldman, Inc.

nah

What would he say then?

>implying literally anyone here read the book

Paying for electronic media is a sin, if you liked the ebook you read you buy it

Lol I bet the Morrocans had fun with her.