Goosebumps

What does Veeky Forums think of Goosebumps?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloggerbeware.com/2006/02/60-werewolf-skin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spookiest books, shit show.

The show was not that bad for its time.

This
But I liked the non-spooky books too even though I'm pretty sure they were unpopular, the book about the kid that learns to fly was great

A bit heavy for me.

Choose you own adventure was god teir, spent many a lunchtime in the school library reading these.

Wrong thread.

What do you mean sir?

Goosebumps not Choose Your Own Adventure.

It had a subseries of choose your own adventure goosebumps books, they weren't called that.

What were they called?

Give Yourself Goosebumps

Goosebumps are unimaginative, soulless pulp supermarket brand re-workings of horror tropes marketed at children who, not knowing any better, grew up to venerate them for the nostalgia rather than any inherent quality, of which there is none.

That's a fresh take.

prove me wrong

I mean you're not wrong but way to be a wet blanket

>Secret agent grandma

Can't make this shit up.

Stop hating what I don't hate!

Revolutionary, its incredible to see how horror has progressed while still paying homage to its roots with writers like R. L. Stine.
In 1917 a young man read Stine's timeless classic The Ghost Next Door and was profoundly inspired. He was one of the few that truly understood the books message; that the scariest monster is the one we can't see.
That man's name? H. P. Lovecraft.

Still a wet blanket, buddy

that wasn't me. I took your point.

See

Anyone here ever read Blogger Beware? Some guy read and reviewed every goosebumps book.

Best book was Werewolf Skin

bloggerbeware.com/2006/02/60-werewolf-skin.html

>it’s a full moon...do you know where your werewolf is
I actually chuckled a little

someone told me to read call of cthulhu, but checking at my local library got me confused, is it tales of cthulhu? someone already gave me a link to read his works online but those feel annoying and feel better to have the book in my hand. I could but the book but don't know if I will like it

had a great time reading these as a kid. Stine and King got me into horror, which got me into more and more horror novels, short stories, movies games, til I eventually got PTSD from shitting my pants one too many times from engaging in too much horror. Now I don't have anything to do with horror.

lmao this is great, thanks for this user

also pic related was my favourite

Lord Of The Flies-esque

Someone knows the story with the slime that grows bigger and bigger ?

Are you talking about any of the four Monster Blood books or The Blob That Ate Everyone? I never liked the latter as a kid, the magic typewriter seemed cliched even back then as did the convenient ending. I think I enjoyed Monster Blood I - IV more out of obligation, the sequels basically just went full Honey I Blew Up the Baby.

I dont remember which one, it is about a kid that buys a can from a "magic" store and then this shit gets bigger and bigger and some time later the slime eats a witch, and this somehow kills the slime if I remember correct

MoruQQQQQQ
Ich hab kein Datenvolumen mehr kann mir bei Vodafon jemand schicken wo noch was hat