What music does Veeky Forums listen to? Pic related - my current comfy mode artist

What music does Veeky Forums listen to? Pic related - my current comfy mode artist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vqc2uOunPdA
youtube.com/watch?v=M3Xehs1rHfM
youtube.com/watch?v=6ddO3jPUFpg
youtube.com/watch?v=sUo0UkC0PTY
youtube.com/watch?v=HhRuFIL4Vx8
youtube.com/watch?v=X57EgpbkDuI
youtube.com/watch?v=N0LWtt-GPKA
youtube.com/watch?v=Neg9kjMmIjU
youtube.com/watch?v=uNWXYf10TsU
youtube.com/watch?v=9xPh-fXYAc4
youtube.com/watch?v=OALDX4kcjuI
youtube.com/watch?v=qfDtTHC8BoY
youtube.com/watch?v=ADV396XrMlU
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNIyDf1328
youtube.com/watch?v=3RyS0e4Ppg4
youtube.com/watch?v=ckVYO9oI8vc
youtube.com/watch?v=pOs82l8K1rk
youtube.com/watch?v=p9rYQ3S5wvo
youtube.com/watch?v=tsVzm-rgS-w
youtube.com/watch?v=clIjgSPRSqY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/4chanmusic/images/f/fb/EssentialItalianMusic2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170922002930
youtube.com/watch?v=nBrsktucoRM
youtube.com/watch?v=-iBIxDh1wSA
youtube.com/watch?v=YbHfzNCeNl4
youtube.com/watch?v=h3SB3HK8TbY
youtube.com/watch?v=NQgEBkdfNlg
youtube.com/watch?v=-OmMLVEhN24
youtube.com/watch?v=7nVmFlSV1ok
youtube.com/watch?v=6avmpoDwCiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VBND5nKfj5Q
freesound.org/people/stormpetrel/sounds/173095/
youtube.com/watch?v=T9jmguYgtaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

20th century art music

the sound of pages turning

Mostly romantic era Classical.
If you like Isakov, then you may like a band called "Radical Face", they're pretty /comfy/.
youtube.com/watch?v=vqc2uOunPdA

neofolk, dungeon synth or classical

Neofolk, Black Metal, Industrial, Free Jazz, No Wave

Modern Classical (particularly spectralism)
Medieval/Renaissance (particularly Hildegard, Perotin and Byrd)
Onkyo
Krautrock

>Hildegard and Perotin

My nigga

I'm an unironical hipster. I listen to all kinds of music. Fauve, Papooz, Kid Francescoli, The shoes and Polo & Pan are the ones on top of my playlist right now. I'm thinking about going through my Kanye playlist one of these days, listen to familiar music helps my writing.

I like some classical music but I'm not pseud enough to listen to it on purpose in 2017.

.t phoneposter using autocorrect

I hope this post is ironic

I listen mostly to dungeon-folk, pagan neware, and some hybrid forms of dubstep such as thr euro and armageddonstep

Classical music is for pseuds

I mostly listen to hardcore punk but I write dumb folk songs.

Industrial field recordings, ASMR-metal and modal Kyrgyz avant-breakcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=M3Xehs1rHfM

philip glass and youtube.com/watch?v=6ddO3jPUFpg at the same time

Mac DeMarco
Sufjan Stevens
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young

I like singer songwriters a lot.

j fusion, any type of metal, baroque, rap (I wish i could shake it but it's what I grew up on).

Music is more than anything imo. Greatest celebration of conceptions of life.

Bob Dylan is unironically my favourite artist, though I admit it took the Nobel for me to dig deeper into his back catalogue.

Also:
>Neil Young
>Leonard Cohen
>Tom Waits
>Nick Drake
>Jeff Mangum
are all Veeky Forums tier singer songwriters

L O V E L E S S
O
V
E
L
E
S
S

And a bunch classical composers, mainly.

i listen to a lot of shit like:

second wave emo:
braid - do you love coffee
youtube.com/watch?v=sUo0UkC0PTY

2000s skramz:
funeral diner - the underdark
youtube.com/watch?v=HhRuFIL4Vx8

jangly late 80s / early 90s stuff:
the ocean blue - ask me jon
youtube.com/watch?v=X57EgpbkDuI

early 90s shoegaze:
swervedriver - never lose that feeling
youtube.com/watch?v=N0LWtt-GPKA

faggy 80s pop:
gangway - sitting in the park
youtube.com/watch?v=Neg9kjMmIjU

neo-80s shit:
ice choir - windsurf
youtube.com/watch?v=uNWXYf10TsU

choral music from the renaissance: victoria - o magnum mysterium
youtube.com/watch?v=9xPh-fXYAc4

i'm sorry if the format is shit, i only got like three hours of sleep

Do people exist who don't listen to a wide variety of stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=OALDX4kcjuI

youtube.com/watch?v=qfDtTHC8BoY

youtube.com/watch?v=ADV396XrMlU

youtube.com/watch?v=WKNIyDf1328

youtube.com/watch?v=3RyS0e4Ppg4

youtube.com/watch?v=ckVYO9oI8vc

youtube.com/watch?v=pOs82l8K1rk

youtube.com/watch?v=p9rYQ3S5wvo

youtube.com/watch?v=tsVzm-rgS-w

A small sample of my superb taste, I'd post some more but I've forgotten the non-English names of many after google terminated my yt account for uploading anasheed

I mostly listen to a few clusters of genres.

Modern classical related artists like:
Morton Feldman, Johann Johannson, Christophe Berg, Max Richter, Peter Broderick, Dustin O'halloran, Sebastian Plano, Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Arvö Part, Schoenberg, Cage, Barber, Franssen, Hildur Gudnadottir, Preisner.. (Allthough i'll admit some of them are pure cheese.)

Ambient/Drone/Noise related stuff like:
William Basinski, Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Michael Pisaro, Fennesz, Aloof Proof, Gas, Andrew Chalk, Prurient, Pharmakon

Hardcore, black, grind etc related like:
Converge, Trash Talk, Full of Hell, Pig Destroyer, Cheap Drugs, Nails, Weekend Nacho's, Wolves in the throne room, Wiegedood, Leviathan, Oathbreaker, Deafheaven, Fen, Slaegt, Nasty, Malevolence..

General electronical stuff ranging from Autechre, Animal collective, Burial, Caribou, Boards of Canada and flume to Venetian Snares, Glowstyx, SNTS, Special Request and Len Faki.

And the last important group would be post rock like:
Gy!Be, Set fire to flames, A silver mt. zion, Tarentel, early Mogwai, Do make say think, Because of ghosts and Hangedup.

Other favorite genres would be indie rock, actual folk, neo-folk, jazz and free-jazz, shoegaze and punk.

All-time favourite band would probably be Modest Mouse.

Sounds pretentious as fuck
Could be interesting
nope
I listen to all of those, so i'd be interested to see what i could pick up, would hang with.
My man.
Would piss on
nope.
Hardcore fans and folk songs is such and awfull combo.
fuck yes user. fuck yes.
Comfy as fuck
I like all of those, but i never got how people could be so into singer songwriters.
for some reason i never dug bobby. You're right about the others tho.
sure.
i have love for everyone that has some love for skramz.

Thanks for the thread op.

Edgy Black Metal and pretentious Classical.

Say what

>he listens to spotify

And I don't even buy membership f a m.

I use an app to rip music off of YouTube. Spotify is for when I'm home or when I want to explore new music.

>rip music off of YouTube

Can anyone recommend musicians like Nick Drake?

Oh I am laffiin

60's / 70's / 80's music; The Who, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Heart, Martha and the Muffins, Men at Work etc.

Some modern metal; Heidevolk, Turisas, Ensiferum.

I enjoy a lot of Napoleonic / WW1 / WW2 Military songs and marches. Really getting into the Rhodesian stuff at the moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=clIjgSPRSqY

And you have the nerve to call someone else pretentious

This is also GOAT

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4

Is it ok if it's not in english?
Storia di un impiegato - Fabrizio De André

If you like him just check out everyone else in the singer/songwriter section on here: vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/4chanmusic/images/f/fb/EssentialItalianMusic2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170922002930

Let me know if I was useful =)

>another blogpost not related to literature

This reminds me of Nick Drake's Bryter Layter
It's really beautiful, but I have trouble appreciating songs in a language I can't understand.

My favourite kind of music is probably the type where classical meets traditional. See: Jordi Savall & Hesperion, Kronos Quartet.

Reneissance & Baroque solo performers are another favourite. John Downland, Gaspar Sanz, Marin Marais and such.

String quartets regardless of era; Haydn, Ravel, Schubert, Shostakovich.

Virtuosos: Julian Bream, Wilhelm Kempff, Alban Berg Quartet.

Popular: Nick Cave, Ultra Bra

ZUN

edgy

Atmospheric electronic music such as Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Burial, Royksopp. Some Krautrock and Shoegaze. Radio Nova. Some classical composers: Brahms, Faure, Rachmaninoff, Chopin.

In what way you cud chewing mongo

lots of country and brazilian music, and mos def once in a while

kys

Isakov is top tier. I saw him live with Iron & Wine awhile back, best show I ever went to.

He looks even more like Mark Ruffalo in person.

Grow up.

If I may know, which show was it? Sounds perfect, listening to Iron & Wine as we speak.

>Grow up.
Whoa really showing me with the snide comments while not explaining what you meant in your retarded post.

I tried to like Iron e Wine and Isakov so many times, it feels that I'm missing something. Would you guys recommend their very best song?

>Hip hop (Murican, Aussie, French, German, Spanish, Russian)
for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=nBrsktucoRM
youtube.com/watch?v=-iBIxDh1wSA
youtube.com/watch?v=YbHfzNCeNl4
youtube.com/watch?v=h3SB3HK8TbY

>Instrumental stuff (mostly from around romantic period but also obviously the Italians and Russian composers, plus anime and movie soundtracks)
for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=NQgEBkdfNlg
youtube.com/watch?v=-OmMLVEhN24
youtube.com/watch?v=7nVmFlSV1ok
youtube.com/watch?v=6avmpoDwCiQ

Also Billy Talent, Ruslana, Converge or Taylor Swift as guilty pleasures, can't really stand much else.

He was touring off Ghost on Ghost and the first Archive, just before the collab with Jesca Hoop. I wanna say it was summer 2015. I don't remember if there was a name for the tour. I saw Iron & Wine again about a month ago, always a good show. His current band sounds a lot like the old Shepard's Dog setup.

Iron & Wine just clicks with me, but I don't know many people that like it so much since I guess it can be "boring" if you aren't in the right mindset. "Trapeze Swinger" and "Walking Far From Home" are my favorite songs by him. They have a poetic quality to them. "Stable Song" is my favorite by Isakov.

Thanks, I'll try. I'm really into folk music so I always see them being recommended.

Unironically Bob Dylan.

Check out Through the deep dark valley if you like Folk and its derivatives (((goys)))

You guys are such fucking try hards.

DESU there is something to be enjoyed in all music. Debussy and Selena Gomez. Green Day and Nick Drake. Bach and Kendrick Lamar.

Does anyone else feel this way?

very good indeed, check Blaze Foley also

Sure, I never fault anyone for enjoying something.

glam metal, baroque and reaggeaton

I've listened to townes van Zandt, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Cash, def leopard and Regina spektor exclusively for the last few months.

Nick Drake, Jose Gonzalez, Junip, some radiohead, Bach, Chopin, DeBussey, Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada, Weval, Apex Twin.

It's not that I disagree but I still have artists that I prefer over others.

London grime and drill

youtube.com/watch?v=VBND5nKfj5Q

>London grime

just call it grime dingus

neek

I only listen to Gregorian and Tibetan Buddhist chanting.

rec me some emo
would prefer non-screamo

That's impossible.

Social Distortion, Bad religion, Dropkick Murphys, George Thorogood

Prog rock, jazz fusion, IDM, 90s hiphop, Funk, Citypop, Ambient, IDM, 20th century modern classical, Jazz, Hard Rock, grunge, 80s metal that isn't glam, 90s metal that isn't nu-metal, 60s pop, 80s punk, videogame music, mod scene music.

Favorite bands/artists

Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Thundercat, Funkadelic, Earth wind and Fire, Yes, MF DOOM, Wu Tang, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Debussy, Stravinsky, Aphex Twin, Casiopea, Tatsuro Yamashita, Rush, Alice in Chains, TSOL, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Cream, Fishbone, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Talking Heads, Grand Funk Railroad, Boards of Canada, B12, Future Sound of London, Ceephax acid Crew.

cant think of anything else but theres a lot more. Not interested at all at any new music except Thundercat right now, I don't feel like sifting thru tons of trash to find bands I like, would rather just listen to older music. Theres some newer breakcore stuff that I like though.

>Sounds pretentious as fuck
You listed a bunch of entry level 20th century art composers yourself you dumb fuck.

I used to listen to krautrock, industrial and weirder or lesser known electronic and ambient stuff (Vangelis, Autechre, Klaus Schulze...). Also some classic and prog rock. But for the last cca one year I have been listening almost exclusively to classical music. I got used to it and everything else doesn't feel interesting anymore. The music I used to love isn't inviting, I just don't have the willpower to listen to 40 minutes of some monotone crap. It's also much cheaper. Sigur Ros seem kind of interesting and they are having a concert in my city soon, but the ticket is so expensive I could buy a seasonal subscription for a symphonic orchestra or the local opera house with that money.
Tbh I hope this is just a phase, it feels stupid to ignore so much music.
/blog

I listen to folk music the most.
Primarily American folk music: country blues, bluegrass, blues, jazz, ragtime, etc. Mostly pre-electric with a few exceptions, and some contemporary folk here and there. Also a lot of John Fahey and american primitivism in the same vein.
I also listen extensively to Brazilian samba, choro, forró, moda de viola and bossa nova, Portuguese fado, Mongolian throat singing, Irish and Scottish drinking songs and ballads, flamenco in general, Argentinian tango and Cuban bolero.

Besides folk, I like: various kinds of classical music, in particular composers like Bartok, Satie, Mahler, Wagner, Schubert, Chopin and Debussy; punk and post-punk in general; rock here and there, especially Neil Young; lots of funk and soul and some hip-hop, early electronic music and music with a experimental vein.

same but only gregorian

asdfasdf

I like the fall and wire. I hope my friend who goes on here can determine who i am from just that alone.

otherwise, nick cave and the bad seeds/birthday party, julian cope, kate bush, bark psychosis, iggy pop, autechre, massive attack, depeche mode!!, del the phunkeey homo, peter gabriel, simon finn!!!, bejorke, ulver, current 93, sonicc youth, new order, big black, xtc, roland s howard, this heat!!!!!!!, the pop group

>pop books are bad
>pop music is good

Explain

listening to a pop song doesn't take as long as reading pop books and it doesn't give the listener the false belief that they are somehow intellectually superior to others.

and i think people underestimate how difficult it is to actually write a well crafted pop song that isn't like every other song on the radio.

really enjoying arvo pärt lately. like to the point that most other music is sounding kinda eh to me.

but i do also really like the cure, sigur ros, neutral milk hotel, elliott smith, and bob dylan.

if anyone has recommendations on composers similar to arvo pärt, i'd really love to explore that. i know people say john tavener and the "holy minimalism" wikipedia crew, but i didn't feel the same divine emotional pull from tavener that i do from pärt.

would also be interested in gregorian chant recommendations if any of you were serious about that.

Rachmaninoff's All-Night Vigil

Oh, it's nothing special haha. I listen to Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, Karou Abe and a few untitled progressive avant jazzdream funk LPs made by the hobo. I finally realise that I fit in with my comrades here who know absolutely (nothing) about music theory :)

:)

I knew a guy who spoke exactly like this
One day he said that he was "a very big fan of gloomcore"
I wonder what happened to him
Hopefully he died in a car accident

My mixtape desu

My music scares Veeky Forums so I won't mention it.

I can only listen to quiet instrumental droning music. Might be my autism, because I can't stand loudness or high dynamics, vocals, or high tempo.

Ebin
Now add the Cardiacs

Forgot to mention I listen to a lot of field recordings some from popular artists like Michael Prime but also a lot of unknowns, one of my favorites is iceberg sounds.
freesound.org/people/stormpetrel/sounds/173095/

Van Morrion
Paul Simon
Blue rodeo
Television
Neil young
Crosby stills nash
candi staton
Lloyd price
Just anything really

Everything except rap and country :)

the list simply goes on

Can, Jaco era Joni Mitchell, Gram Parsons, John Prine, Big Youth, Hasil Adkins, Swell Maps, Faust, Nihilist Spasm Band, Maurice Ravel, The Fall, Electric Eels, Harry Pussy, Howling Hex, Violeta Parra, MC5, The Dead C, J Dilla, Frank Zappa, Autechre, Xenakis..

Jazz, classical, and various chopped and screwed remixes.

I listen exclusively to Russian meme-tier bands which are like /mu/'s meme-tier bands but are somehow even worse. Civil Defence, Elektroforez, Buerak, Grisha Poluhutenko, and so on and so on.

Also Shearwater/Porcupine Tree/Silver Mt. Zion/Kamelot sometimes.

anybody else not care for the artist/composer or song name? I have thousands of songs on spotify and I can't name one from heart. Seems like a trivial thing to memorize.

King Crimson
Tool
Earthless
Thelonious Monk
Death Grips
Naxatras
Other prog (Yes, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, &c)

Dense music like death grips. It's easy listening, but it's thicc. It gives you that good slightly-sick feeling like after you've eaten too much fudge.

Carpenter brut is pretty nice, but that's more because I like the aesthetic.

Rap, especially MF doom for his nice dense bricks of fudge.

I've been listening to a lot of future funk playlists off of youtube. Cuphead ost as well.

I barely listen to music. I prefer silence. I remember back in the day I'd try branching out but it's just not worth investing time in anymore. The only thing that's stuck with me over the years is Kanye, Beatles, and The Velvet Underground. Occasionally I throw on Pink Flag by Wire, Tago Mago, or Who's Next but that's about it tbqhwyf

youtube.com/watch?v=T9jmguYgtaU

Travis Scott, Young Thug, Future. In that order

The Boogie Nights soundtrack