What is the greatest argument against monism?

What is the greatest argument against monism?

Homosexuality is a sin.

the elimination of metaphysics by AJ Ayer

Difference.

I...I...want more..

There is none. All societies can be observed moving toward monism over time.

It's a retarded statement. Saying you and I are all part of the universe, just arbitrarily divided into sub-units, is literally nothing but retarded language games.

holding up two fingers

Language games begin with language, user. Math too is a game, more new rules forthcoming! The Universe underwrites nothing. Play the game(s), user.
a tad archaic rec- Huizinga's Homo Ludens.

>Language games begin with language
do you know what a language game is? It doesn't really seem like you do
>Math too is a game, more new rules forthcoming!
Do you know any criticisms of mathematical formalism? It doesn't seem like you do

Read Nagarjuna, he BTFOs monism in favor of non-dualism.

I was speaking generally user but as it seems youd like this thread to veer off in the direction of Wittgenstein, Russell and Frege WHAT with respect to 'monism' would (you) like to discuss concerning any one of them, but preferably the first (the only Frege I've read is his monograph on the number One, oddly enough)?

Differance*

don't worry about him, he obviously just read the wikipedia article on wittgenstein once or twice and now thinks that "dude language games lol" is the way to win all philosophical arguments

I swear wittgenstein is becoming the new stirner. Just replace "language games" with "spooks"

>do you know what a language game is?
do you? $20 says you haven't read PI

Make no excuse, ..fool. That's my calling card. Now (you) know I know. What do (you) want to discuss?

Gads, dude, I'm sorry. Somehow, ready to pounce, I mistook (you) for him. My bad.

HAHAHA IM LE BRITISH OR AMERICAN AND BECUZ I SED A THING IS THIS IT IS HAHAHA BTFO HAHHAHAHA HAIL BRITANNIA!

Where's my twenty? Also you're conflating multiple posters.

>owning it means reading it

> being this butthurt

that our everyday experience of life, for most people I assume, is of a profoundly dualist nature

philosophers and other pseuds who advocate for monism typically do so on the basis of purely intellectual arguments. actual non-dual experience is rare I imagine, and I certainly wouldn't expect your run of the mill professional debater to experience such a shift in awareness (following which shift the entire monist-dualist argument is transcended and revealed to be moot)

>ad populum

fine, you're right, i threw in a red herring for no good reason. also ad hominem.

to rephrase: even though I suspect that any formal description of existence that posits more than one category of substance (specifically something like mental/spiritual vs material/physical) is intellectually untenable, the nevertheless apparently dual nature of my typical everyday experience of reality (my awareness of things vs those things themselves) gives me reason to doubt my own intellectual convictions.

to answer op: if you just signed a lucrative deal with oxford u press and are soliciting the Veeky Forums brain trust for publishable ideas, sorry dunno. but if you use the phrase "retarded language games" i'll make sure to pick up a copy