Book is released

>book is released
>Veeky Forums loves book
>book becomes popular
>Veeky Forums no longer likes book
Why?

We don't want to be like normal people, because then we'll feel less special, and we really need to feel special because we have very little else in life than entertaining an idealized self-image on a board with strangers who pat us on the back for being a certain race, a certain sex, for having a certain ideology, and for reading certain books

That doesn't apply to RPO. I remember reading the book and starting a thread shortly after it came out, and Veeky Forums was ambivalent at best.

fpbp

/thread

Same, I read it and hated it when it came out and I remember people were already dumping on it for being Bazinga: The Book.

t.projecting brainlets

>Tfw

This book is trash regardless of how Veeky Forums thinks of it desu

i spend more time on /tv/ and /sp/ so maybe i missed them but i don't remember any threads on Veeky Forums praising this trash.

It was always terrible. We were just afraid that people would discover how easily we're swayed by wish-fulfillment. "Terrible ideas written terribly but that jack off my ego," is basically this board's hidden bread and butter, and RPO just makes it a little too obvious.

I just read this without knowing anything about it. I thought it was pretty fun and light hearted. I've also experienced most of the items of nostalgia in the book, so it was cool. There were plenty of corny, teenage kid parts, but overall it was enjoyable.

Youre probably too young user, everybody who read it on /vr/ loved it. Heck i liked it

Sure, that's great, but it doesn't change the fact that it's poorly written garbage.

Open it to any given page and I'll give you half a dozen examples of his writing being wet garbage.
I can't find that screenshot of the several pages that are nothing but a list of fucking 80s movies and games people like, but if you legitimately enjoy that and think it's quality writing, I would never respect your opinion on anything.

Why would you ever read a book written in this century?

Why would you ever read a book written in this millennium?

I have faint memories of receiving this book somehow, around 2013. Now that I've heard how awful it is, I want to find and read it for some laughs.

well, it's two things. number one, when it came out very few people on here actually read it. then, when it got (((berged))) people who heard about the movie came here to shitpost, and standard contrarian faggotry ensued.

these are correct, the writing is legitimately bad. endless checklists of references, dull dialogue, a crude and poorly paced plot, and a shameless, hollow presentation of nostalgia imitating excitement
why does RPO count as wish fulfillment

>TFW truth burns like fire

You can't thread yourself shitter.

I gotchu senpai

N-no y-you s-s-snowflake