What's the socio / political or philosophical term for the idea that we are removed from the past...

What's the socio / political or philosophical term for the idea that we are removed from the past? That for instance we are much different from people living in the 18th century - when in reality we are not its only the world around us that has changed.

I feel like I read a term for it a couple days ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_anthropology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Degeneracy. Sauce on pic?

Removedfromthepastism

Kek

modern.

Maybe some biological reductionism about how we still behave like animals independently of the environment.

>the world around us
be more specific

I'm not sure what's the point you're trying to make.

Xenozeitgeisticism

No point. Just looking for the psychological term.
People think they are far removed from past. That we're somehow disconnected from it or that it's almost fantasy fiction or that it can't happen again.
Yet when you read literature and first account history it's clear that people in the 18th century for instance are very similar in their personal lives, thoughts, politics etc. as they are only 7 or 8 generations back.

Idk. Try starting here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_anthropology

The historian used the term morbid presentism to describe the worrying lack of connection between younger students and the cultural and actual past.

the historian Eric Hobsbawm*

>implying he is not part of the world

Chauvinism? misunderstood evolutionism? ideology?

Every age is somewhat removed from their past - that's why it's called past because it has passed. Know somebody is thinking "duh! Einstein" right now, but it's really important to consider that the past is not the present and has eroded with time like everything else. In he middle ages people where detached from the roman past en the time of the romans people where detached from Greek past - everything erode and decays, that's why we build something new. That this is happening faster in the modern and this late modern age is something else to consider too.

Chronological primitivism.

No such thing besides the eternal now. Nothing in the past can keep you from being present. Identifying with past and future is called delusion.

Gosh ontological girl looks so unhealthy.

I think he refers more to the casual, day-to-day lives of those in the past. In that we're not really so different, especially as it is a process of inheritance. But present-day people may tend to view the past (the people and the world) as very alien and removed from them, when it is not.

I would like to know this too, OP.

I like presentism like Suggested, but it doesn't seem quite right.

hilarious.

It is very alien.

Everything is upgraded and made into some kind of machine version.

People don't work in the field but go to offices, people fuck each other differently, women has rights, human beings have rights, the world could end everyday with human power and that would be that, we can speak with each other on this forum and so forth.

The thing that is interesting is how much there is actually preserved, maybe because we are human and still feel the same stuff and have the same problems as then.

Read The Need for Roots

>People don't work in the field but go to offices, people fuck each other differently, women has rights, human beings have rights, the world could end everyday with human power and that would be that, we can speak with each other on this forum and so forth.
All of these things existed in the 18th century.