Give me a quick rundown of all the highlights of John's newest book. His first since 2012, I'm sure it's good

Give me a quick rundown of all the highlights of John's newest book. His first since 2012, I'm sure it's good.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/10/10/books/review-john-green-turtles-all-the-way-down.html?_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Books&action=keypress®ion=FixedLeft&pgtype=article
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey dude, long time since I've seen one of your threads. I worried that the publisher had cut your job because Veeky Forums has to be a pretty abysmal market for John Green's books. Do they keep you busy astroturfing other sites?

I'm also on Reddit.

It's about OCD and mental disability in general. Also it has a metafictional thing going on. It's good

>not a word about decreasing military spending

John confirmed for US imperialism advocate.

i.e. how to destroy the economy

>more money for NASA
you don't need a tax increase for that, you tard.
Also,
>VAT

nytimes.com/2017/10/10/books/review-john-green-turtles-all-the-way-down.html?_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Books&action=keypress®ion=FixedLeft&pgtype=article

You know despite the hate this guy gets on this board it sounds genuinely interesting. Everything you read doesn't have to be intellectually rigorous.

Just raise tax percentages + universal income.

>reading for plot
>reading for THIS plot

Huh, so even retards can write best sellers for teen girls.

John Meme is shit you stupid nigger. Grow the fuck up

This will never not upset me.

>tfw you will never be as smart as john green

>tfw he is right about starwars being the contemporary mythology

Is he actually legitimately retarded? I swear I've heard 10-12 year olds say shit like this.

>Thinks throwing money at Africa will fix the problem
>Hasen't even googled average IQ of African counties

it's just really shitty mythology with nothing really useful or interesting to say about the world or our place in it.

Star Wars is another version of the Monomyth, nothing more, nothing less.

true but it's still poorly done. Luke Skywalker is a classic Mary Sue and the Sith are literally twirly mustached top hat wearing ultra baddies tying a girl to train tracks. I mean, what am I getting out of the myth outside of
>if you see a bad guy hit him with your laser sword

>more resources to help african countries birth rates
nightmare

didn't claim it was useful or in any way deserving of being the mythology, but it still is a mythology for the modern western man. Personally I find that sad.

The only way to curb birth rates is to become civilized. On the contrary they'll just keep having more and more babies.

You just figured this out?

>civilized

>average iq in Africa is 50-70 depending on nation
>average iq of black American is 85
>most black Americans still live in inner city shitholes
It's almost as if environment greatly effects iq. Hmmmmm

Yeah I've been so isolated from all my former progressive friends I'm suprised when I see people advocating taxation of our citizens to pay for foreigners who already have been doing questionable things with aid. Good argument against democracy when citizens are so divorced from the concept of the nation they are willing to vote against the state and peoples interests

> HURRR LETS SPEND MONEY ON NASA CUZ STARRR WARRRZ

Leftism is a mental disorder

whew, you realized you just made a good argument against environmental determinism?

How about instead of throwing charity and putting band-aid on the cancer, you actually raise awareness and try to combat the causes that's keeping third world shithole down?

yeah, but JG did...and that's what bothers me

its almost as if the average black american has 24% white admixture and also asian admixture bringing their IQ up slightly...

I think the more troubling part are the thresholds he came up with. Higher taxes on ppl making $45k a year, that's poor people money

this is all pretty good common sense though...

>Implying it isn't the White man's destiny to colonize the stars
stfu faggot

the problem with raising taxes on people earning over say, $500,000 (real rich) is that there are so few of them it doesnt actually raise much revenue

Here I'll give a (you) so no one else has to

>whites
only germanics and slavs are whites (you can exclude slavs if you wish) capable of space travel

>(you can exclude slavs if you wish
Slav is a classification grown from language. Most have the same ancestors as germanics

thats not what I said bro. Im saying that all he wants to do is milk the white man out of tax dollars and put it towards retarded bureaucracy. Also hate to break it to you but space isn't doing anything for us right now. It will be a hundred years before there is anything useful to gain from space.

>germanics
You mean muslims?

The last Germanics are in America

Is that a fucking boyscout badge?

the fuck does IQ have to do with living standards
is this your brain on /pol/?

sure thing booboo

there's this

Read The Secret History of Star Wars

Ironic considering Mosley was more outraged over British violence in Ireland than the majority of his Labour colleagues

the fucks happening in finland?

>graphic that support your opponent's point
Woah.. so this is the power of /pol/.

Not to mention lower incentive to become rich and the possibility of them leaving the country altogether.

It's almost as if also blacks who are in the West but not in America so have a lower degree of admixture, perform higher than black Americans

>living in a better society because everybody else around you has been improved drastically and you have a greater pool of talent to choose from if you're an employer leads to a lower incentive to become rich

>The government taking a greater cut of my hard earned money and throwing it at lazy welfare leeches and sub-saharan Africans will make me happy

Huh. Really makes you think...

>dropping crime rates, raising education levels and increasing social trust wouldn't create a society with happier inhabitants
>implying money should go to welfare rather than to social enriched

>create a society
Where is this society, central Africa? How does that affect me? Why should I pay for them?

>what is trade
>what is scientific research
>what is the environment not being fucked by poor countries
>what is subsidies and charities not having to focus exclusively on africa and so being able to look inwards

None of that really supports funding sub-saharan countries. In fact you could use those same "points" to argue the opposite. I hope you're under 18.

Higher living standards seem to reduce birth rates, curiously enough, especially improved neonatal care. The worst thing would be to help just enough to prevent starvation and leave things alone otherwise.

IIRC half of income tax in the US comes from the top 1%, so meaningful revenue boosters would require more taxes on the rich. The real problem is that there are so many miscellaneous programs and subsidies that you'll never get Congress to check through and evaluate their worth.

They're called Finngolians for a reason, user.

>It features a small cast of tenderhearted, manically articulate teenagers. (Green does Aaron Sorkin better than Aaron Sorkin does Aaron Sorkin.)
Dropped

Here's a reading list to stop being a faggot:
>IQ and the wealth of nations - Richard Lynn
>The Bell Curve - Charles Murray
>The limits of democratization - Tatu Vanhanen

Holy shit those numbers can't be real

See

Stopped reading right there.

dude, urban vietnamese have an IQ 10 points higher than rural vietnamese. people who think IQ is primarily genetic are from rural communities.

>more money for other countries and NASA before healthcare for your own citizens
retard

Wait a minute, you mean smarter people tend to congregate around cities where their relevant job positions exist?

You don't say.
>African Americans are pure blooded Africans
Holy moly Batman, a fucking retard

Fucking INTPs

I'm not even a fan of Star Wars, but those criticisms at least are nonsense. Luke fails repeatedly and has no real skill sans piloting - Empire ends with him getting his arm chopped off and attempting suicide. Vader ends up redeeming himself, which is a far sight better than any 'twirly mustached top hat wearing ultra baddies' manage, and the Emperor doesn't even appear in the first movie. Plus, the moral of the series is that NOT hitting the bad guy with your laser sword is the moral path.
I mean, come on - of all the valid criticisms you could have chosen, you somehow managed 0/3.
Also, learn to use 'literally' properly.

The average white person had an IQ similar to modern day africans back in the early 20th century

if you look at it, slavic countries have a much different composition than germanic ones.

Mosley was Anglo-Irish