Philosophy of Blade Runner 2049

What's some philosophers or philosophical theories that are in the same vain as the film (and the original)?

Pseuds are welcome, but I was thinking surely Heidegger's views on technology and the purpose of it is hugely important as well as Kierkegaard's Despair

Other urls found in this thread:

anarchogeekreview.com/movies/just-like-a-real-girl-blade-runner-2049
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vein. Same vein. Not vain.

Good response thanks man

Read Pale Fire

This.
Also: alienated protagonist named K.
Sounds familiar?

I can't link it to the work of a specific philosopher but i found the depiction of K's struggle for intimacy touching.

Read the Wikipedia article on Existentialism. That should be enough.

man and technic, spengler.

blade runner 2049: the paranoia of the straight white male 2017

How boring you must be

Unironically Nick Land for the exploring the similarities/differences between the Blade Runner world, and the world we will actually live in ~2049.

This movie also has the most Veeky Forums sex scene in all of cinema, which bumps into Debord (and Mcluhan if you wanna go that way)

It also has the standard existentialist themes that permeate most good cyberpunk. So Kierkegaard, Nietzche, Camus, etc. will give some clarity

And of course you can read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, which the original is based in

the work of art in the age of mechanical reproduction

What philosophy best represents making a cash grab sequel to a beloved cult classic decades later?

>i haven't seen it

>beloved
not really, only lives off its aesthetics, which is shallow at that

>cult classic
meme expression

This response
I want to see your goddamn stacks because every name mentioned is in my recent haul.
What's reality?

2045 was really good
2h40m run time tho

this film was empty as shit

>meme expression
The correct term is "buzzword".

So how exactly does this movie parallel Pale Fire? I haven't seen it yet but I've been rereading the book in preparation.

wasn't bad for a hollywood blockbuster.

at least it wasn't a superhero movie

there's a 15 minute short film and the rest of the run time is a YouTube style video where an obnoxious millennial makes an overlong review in which he misinterprets the short film, believing it to be about himself.

The key is the galatians.

>not really, only lives off its aesthetics, which is shallow at that

All your shitty opinions will be lost, in time, like tears in rain.

Not every film a notch about generic capeshit is good or "le instant modern classic". Leave, brainlets.

Cool I guess. If they are over-the-head with it it could be cringe.

God this film was terrible.

Brainlet detected

Gril detected

I expected star wars 7 and instead I got robocopXcortana fanfiction, so, I consider that a win

>robocopXcortana fanfiction
That's a good description. I was expecting millennial pearl-clutching and got what you got

anarchogeekreview.com/movies/just-like-a-real-girl-blade-runner-2049

>user doesn't realize that the only real philosophy of blade runner is upholding the patriarchy and subjugating women and trans people

i always knew you were special user its okay

A-are you really her?

>Women in charge of understanding anything

I liked the idea that K wasn't special in the end but it didn't matter and he did a good job anyway. I took it as kind of a positive absurdist view.

people that were impressed by this movie are too retarded to understand anything heidegger writes about. don't waste your money pal, you won't grasp a thing. go buy a dr seuss book faggot

Plot is built completely on conveniences and bullshit
>why is everything happening?
>well he happens to find this guy who happens to have this body buried under a try and he happened to carve a date into it for some reason and Gosling happens to have the right memories (extracted from super secret person somehow) and then since the Wallace Replicants have a chance to actually not obey for some reason he goes off and film happens.
Loved it when the prostitute happened to be a part of the secret rebellion that was in literally 1 scene simply to explain what the guy in scene 1 was doing and to save Gosling from being left alive by the evil corporation. There's loads more but haha I'm just a brainlet

>muh plot holes

>well he happens to find this guy who happens to have this body buried under a try and he happened to carve a date into it for some reason and Gosling happens to have the right memories (extracted from super secret person somehow) and then since the Wallace Replicants have a chance to actually not obey for some reason he goes off and film happens.
never has a movie ever gone so far over someone's head

"I’m probably always going to root for replicant women more than any other character in fiction. As an aspiring artificially-constructed woman, I can relate."

Wot?

replicants themselves, are an allegory for
White Males in todays society
1: Almost every female in the movie is in a position of power comparative to the males. Robin Wright is the police chief, the rebels are lead by a woman, and the prostitute only does what she does in order to trick K (and plant the bug). And the replicants are expected to do as the rest of society {representing females/minorities) demands. You cannot have your own needs or desires, you must conform.
2: One of the only peoplewho actually lives by their own rules, is Deckard. And in order to do this, he literally has to remove himself from the rest of society or be killed. He cannot be his own man & live in the postmodern society
3: Joi is the only sympathetic female in the movie by a long shot. She's the only one who seems to truly care and believe in K. and she's fake. Basically, it's impossible to have a loving & caring relationship with a female, UNLESS that female isn't even real and is instead, made up. Okay, you might argue that Deckard's daughter is relatable right? She also has been separated from society her whole life, and thus hasn't been poisoned (mentally) by it.
4: The only male in a position of power is Jared Leto's character. He, is also, naturally, portrayed as a villain. When, in reality, he really ONLY wants to make humanity survive. He wants humanity to not expire on earth. He wants to save us a species and the only way he knows how to do that is to take drastic measures. This represents the rejection of the SJW liberalism, and "anti-science" that infests our culture today. It is literally illogical and goes against the laws of the universe, and in some backward morality on the part of humanity (women/minorities) actually ends up oppressing a good part of humanity.

nice arguments

Non-arguments for a non-critique.

Very persuasive

"Pale Fire" is about a guy who believes himself secretly to be special because of a bunch of false memories. I'm not sure if it goes much beyond that.

Heinous.