How many books do you guys read per month or per year?

how many books do you guys read per month or per year?
do you read every day? how many hours?

This year has been a bad one for me. I've only read 15 books this year, as well as three long form essays (30-50+ pages). Most of the books this year were CanLit fiction; the best of these 15 books was Lolita, which I had not read before.

I will probably finish one more novel this month, but I haven't had a good reading ethic in 2017.

Otherwise, I'm almost done Longfellow's Evangeline, which is an absolutely incredible read.

>reading

I read about 10 minutes a day and about one page every 5 minutes.

Nobody here actually reads, desu. People just shitpost here and defend opinions they have of books they haven't read.

I may not read the book, but in my defense I always look at the sparknotes before shitposting

Those genre fiction book sonly day a few days to read. Literary fiction is usually longer and is printed with smaller, denser font.

>literary fiction
lol

What else would you call Dostoveysky?

a hack

'Bout two a year, but I pretend I know what I'm talking about and yell at people here about it.
I've been reading the Odyssey since May

Between Married life, my own writing, and working basically full time I find it difficult to find time to read but I make sure to at least get an hour in every day. I think across this year I've read about 8 books and then a large amount of various poetry.

I'm up to 20 books this year although only starting since end-June/early-July, among them being KJV Bible in fact. That one set me back a month, otherwise I generally read ~5 books a month, about 2-3 hours on a regular work day. My goal is to just finish about 70 pages per day.

>having read less than 50 books this year

Holy shit. No wonder Veeky Forums talks about the same fucking books all the time.

Not as many as I'd like to. I read around 30-50 pages each reading session, and ideally would like to read every day, but I often don't. I finished 20 books so far this year and around the same amount the year prior.

Just start reading again over summer and I've read about 15-20 books. Just ordered about 20 on amazon and another 30 from my local used book store so will rack up about 40-50 this year. Mostly depends on getting free time between work and a fiance.

before i moved last year i read a lot, but i've been in a slump. i only read two books this year, Kitchen Confidential and The Diaster Artist. I liked both, but they aren't exactly literature

Im really inconsistent, the most honest answear would be any amount betwen 5 and 15?

I don't know to read, I just come here to be racist

>Sparknotes
Since I have an IQ of 193 I naturally only watch the Wisecrack video on what ever I shit post on

I usually read between 50 & 100 a day, though I can stretch to 200 if i'm really into it. It definitely depends on my mood.

3-4 per month.

read about 2 books so far this year

bought about 50

1 per week

Having a Kindle helps although I wish I would've went with a non-Amazon reader. Don't want them compiling a file on what I'm reading.

Also helps being able to find 99% of the books I want for free.

>this level of projection

I try for 52 a year but usually hit 60-65

During vacations I will read 3-4 a week, but if I am reading a big book during a busy time like christmas it will be much less than that. I tend to read before bed, in the bath, and when I wait for my kids to finish a activities like dance and swimming and stuff. Also on the beach and when I have a free night in quiet pubs.

DAMN