The great Canadian poet gord downie died today

The great Canadian poet gord downie died today.
F
pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2017/10/18/statement-prime-minister-canada-death-gord-downie

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>downie
lol

American here, at first I thought they were talking about the hockey player who's photo Bart used in that Simpsons episode.

Lads please the nation is in mourning. We lost like the only Canadian thing we had.

>American here, at first I thought they were talking about the hockey player who's photo Bart used in that Simpsons episode.
kek

Gordie Howe.

Do you think Trudeau has fucked or will fuck Rupi Kaur?

Literally who

boards.Veeky Forums.org/mu/thread/75786766#bottom

>statement by the PM

fuck i hate this e-celeb tier PM

Gord Downie was alright though I don't think they would have been

>He didn't release a statement for Dunsworth

Damn this PM to hell.

LGTSS
>canadian """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""culture"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

they are inferior to us as white men, see how many multiculturalism they have adn women rights. Not for me, Clive

At least you still have Norm Macdonald.

Gord and The Hip were the soundtrack to large swaths of Canada, at least of Canadian lakes and highways.
It's spooky as hell, but he really represented and reflected a distinct Canadian feel unbelievably well.
I can't expect non-leafs to understand.
Rest in peace Gord.

overrated

t. canadian

Let us all gather in this coke machine glow
raise a glass for our brother and patron saint
journeying his way down secret paths unknown
this country has changed no longer so quaint

RIP GORD

>great Canadian
That's a funny oxymoron. RIP.

canada btfo

literally who? never heard of this so-called "poet", and I don't care to do any research, seeing as how canada is such a boring and backwater "country" (really more of a shared legal space than a nation) that they could never produce anything of significance or value.
>B-but Drake a-and Justin bieber-
neither of which I would call significant and valuable, but either way they both moved to America and made their careers their. all the canadians have are boring regional radio show talents and what not. they're just not a real nation. they've got nothing to be proud of.

t. American

Don't like drake or Justin. But both definitely made their careers in Canada and both are at the top of their field. Honestly as a Canadian I don't care about much. Just glad I'm not American desu.

>Implying that's a bad thing
Everyone knows about the Roman Empire, know one knows or cares about the dozens of independent states that surrounded it. In the history books, there will be chapters devoted to the great American Republic, the powerful, incredibly influential civilization, that controlled the fate of the rest of the world and created and curated the finest cultural masterpieces of the centuries. America, the paragon of paragons, the greatest nation in the long history of nations.
Among those chapters there will be one paragraph mentioning canada. It will read:
>There was also a small state to the north of America, known as the British Dominion of canada. Too weak to win independence, they were known to ape American culture and follow their foreign policy, possibly out of fear of their stronger southern neighbor.

canada is America's bitch in every sense of the word.

Not sure who's more brainwashed by their shitty country, Americans or North Koreans lmao.

F

I've noticed, when lacking their own success the berger often utilizes the accomplishments of his own country to feel mighty. What's wrong, your book didn't sell?
You people are the international jew.