Achilles, famous hero of the Illiad

>Achilles, famous hero of the Illiad
>except he did nothing for 3/4ths of the story
>literal whos like Diomedes and Ajax were way more heroic and did most of the fighting
>Hektor is a fucking baddass with strong values
>nobody even remembers him

??

The poem is about the conflict between Agamemnon and Achilles, and Achilles choice of eternal glory or life.
The battle scenes are mostly cool filler.
Hector was a puss

Most people are still waiting for the horse to show up too, to be fair, OP

>hector was a puss
say that to my face and not online and see what happens you fucking achaean

>nobody even remembers him
He's one of the nine worthies you dumb fuck.

Like Hector you talk big, but I bet once you are confronted face to face you flee around the walls of troy three times.

When the Catholic church made three lists of heroes from different things Hektor was no. 1 and Caesar number two in one of the lists - i do not remember if it's the classical heroes list or the list of heathen heroes - the point is that Hektor is recognized as the most hardcore of the story. The book is just about Achilleus so that's why people call him the hero of the story, because he is. The story is not about the Trojan war per se but about the disagreements between Agamemnon and Achilleus - when the disagreement ends the book ends.

Bowman, reviler, wearer of pretty love-locks, ogler of girls! If I could but meet you face to face, you coward, your bait and your memes would not help you. As for this post, I care no more for it than if a normie or a roastie had posted it. Come near, and I will show you what are the wounds which I make with my spear.

How awful. Did you entirely make that up or did you adapt it from something dogshit translation?

>talks about awfulness of sentence
>his post contained the wrathful garbled mess that was "Did you entirely make that up or did you adapt it from something dogshit translation?"

Nine Worthies. Three Pagans, Three Jews, and Three Christians that espouse chivalrous values. It wasn't established by the Church though, it was just a concept incorporated in the zeitgest of the times.

I suppose you thought you could safely post this, without giving me a thought, since I was far away. That was foolish! By our hollow ships I was left behind, a much greater man, to take out my revenge. I've drained strength from your limbs -- now dogs and birds will tear you into miserable pieces, while the achaeans give me (you)s.
I wish I had the heart and strength to carve you up and eat you raw myself for what you said to me. So there is no one who'll keep the dogs from going at your head, not even if they bring here and weigh out a ransom ten or twenty times as much, with promises of more.

the poem was about Achileos rising from his Bronze Age Titanic Fall to the Golden Age superiority. Hector was at the most Silver Age throughout the whole poem, if not Iron Age (Kali Yuga).
The perfect individual vs the perfect citizen, it's easy to see who won.

Thank you for elaborating - i was reaching a bit.

>The perfect individual vs the perfect citizen
Wow i've never seen that dimension of the story.

Yeah it may be common, but it's better than the conflict with Agamemnon. Besides as I stated the individual ages (Golden and Bronze) vs. the Collective ages (Silver and Iron) are common and present in cyclical history throughout multiple mythologies.

This is how most translations are written though, unless you want to go for the full poetry shite that sacrifices the story content just to make it rhyme. No one will ever know what the true original Iliad was like, we don't even know if there ever was a definitive version.

You dumb fuck. The story is called the Iliad, meaning song of Ilion (Troy). The text ends with Hektor's funeral, and in parting gives him the epithet "breaker of horses." The Iliad was never supposed to be the story of Achilles. It's about thr death of Hektor and the tragic fall of the Trojan civilization.

All these fags got me triggered and shit.
Hector was dickslapping the shit out of the Acheans then this nigga Achilles just comes up to him and literally thrusts his spear at the niggas throat. Hector alone is greater than all the Acheans put together, all of them but one. Achilles had the comfort of doing whatever the fuck he wanted because he knew this to be a fact. None of you will ever know what was going on the heads of these demigods because the best any of you can hope to be is an Idomeneus. Trying to comprehend the thoughts of the top niggas is something the mediocre can not accomplish, if you could you would all be actually doing something with your lives and be somebody.

Fall — Goddess, sing the fall of priam’s son hector,
murderous, doomed, that cost the trojans their city,
hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls,
great fighters’ souls, but one made his body carrion,
feast for the dogs and birds,
and the will of Zeus was moving toward its end.
Begin, Muse, with something completely different though,
when the two first broke and clashed,
Agamemnon lord of men and brilliant Achilles. . . .

You would run too if the strongest man alive was coming at you with almost every god at his side

Except Apollo literally holding hectors hand (hector wouldn't even have beat patroclus without Apollo) and the river God scamander.

>No one mentions overcomming grief as the main theme

Did anyone even read the last book? When Priam broke bread with the murderer of his sons and Achilles offered accommodation to the father of Patroclus bane.

Has any book explored the depths of human emotion and friendship more expertly than The Iliad and The Odyssey?

We weren't talking about themes though. We were talking about the fame of the characters.

>*teleports behind you
>*puts a feather in your rump*
nothin' personal Dio

thanks, i had never thought of this before either. Have any lit on the topic to recommend?

People forget Apollo is papa Zeus favorite son, just like how Athena slapped Ares around, Apollo can do with Athena and the rest.

Hector was just as headstrong as Achilles (leading the whole army outside the walls of troy), his treatment of patroclus' body is almost as disrespectful as Achilles was to his, he tried to kill old nestor an ancient man and non-combatant, he refuses to honor the deal when menelaus clearly beat Paris in the duel, he wrongfuly sported Achilles armor, he is a hypocrite by showing himself angry at Paris but supporting him publicly (being the golden boy of troy he could have made prism give Helen back), he thinks he is invincible because Apollo fights for him and when his courage was ultimately tested it doesn't match up to his arrogance and he flees thrice around troy from the mighty Achilles.

The only reason people like him is because you see him around his family, which you don't get to see of any of the Greek warriors. And even then he treats andromache like she was an idiot and disregards her.