What does Veeky Forums think of the Tunnels series?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Tunnels series?

proof books can be judged by their covers

Is this good or bad?

I took this out from the library in 4th grade cause I thought it looked cool. Ended up being boring as heck and I didn't finish it. Thought I had returned it. Library claimed we didn't. My mom got in a big fight with the librarian but eventually paid to replace the book. 2 years later we finally found it underneath a seat in our car.

Those are my thoughts on this book.

I loved this series when i was a teen, didn't read
the last 2 ones though.

first third of the book is very slow-paced, it's to establish a sense of normality before things start picking up. Very important to the later books especially.

Lmao

I saw it in the store, and I caved in and made it mine
Some of it contains a fair amount of depth
It's pretty dark though, and I felt dirty afterward
It didn't vault to the top of my list, but I wouldn't say I got shafted either

sounds boring

second book is even better

Not everyone's first pick I suppose, but for me it has sedimental value

I never heard of it.

Loved this as a kid

Subtle.

I don't know, I was told it was a gem of a book but it got slated in the reviews.

heh

It was decent until they introduced until it became literally hollow earth nazi fanfiction

That's cool, I can dig it

Yeah, it's a real diamond in the rough. A couple parts are pretty igneous, so the fact that the critics buried it was really the pits

Fucking loved that shit in middle and early high school. Decent worldbuilding, problem is that it takes ages for the first book to get going and the later sequels really go off the rails too much.

The second one, Deeper, is unironically good. Really liked the characters Drake and Elliot and their relationship with the main kid.

It's meant for 14 year olds man

Yeah that's my favourite one

Is it gigante?

I was trying to remember this book the other day! I read it in like 4th or 5th grade, I remember liking the atmosphere and certain elements of the story, but like others have said it was pretty slow at parts. I think it was one of the darkest books I'd read at the time so I liked it for that reason maybe.

You think you're a big time funny man do ya?

That's Sabado you're thinking of

If you're trying to undermine my comment, you're not being very penetrating