"For the Age has itself become vulgar, and most people have no idea to what extent they are themselves tainted...

>"For the Age has itself become vulgar, and most people have no idea to what extent they are themselves tainted. The bad manners of all parliaments, the general tendency to connive at a rather shady business transaction if it promises to bring in money without work, jazz and Negro dances as the spiritual outlet in all circles of society, women painted like prostitutes, the efforts of writers to win popularity by ridiculing in their novels and plays the correctness of well-bred people, and the bad taste shown even by the nobility and old princely families in throwing off every kind of social restraint and time-honoured custom: all of these go to prove that it is now the vulgar mob that gives the tone.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
youtube.com/watch?v=DNcwaR2xW1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck white people

>things aren't pure and perfect like they used to be in my imagination, society is crumbling, it's all over
We get it

DUDE, THE PAST WAS ALWAYS BAD, HISTORY IS A LINEAR PROCESS AND I BELIEVE IN 'PROGRESS', LMAO

You will be the first to go.

First to go where?

Posting a picture of the very people I hate? Thanks!

Historical Materialism is a Jewish conception.

“I’m going bald, let me shave my entire head like some kind of insecure sex freak. Also, fuck negroes. The blood yada yada...”

Answer my question you larping mongoloid.

The internet and popular media has definitely exacerbated the degeneration. I wonder what he would have thought of this era, or if there are other good writers who are writing about it now

>“I’m going bald, let me shave my entire head like some kind of insecure sex freak. Also, fuck negroes. The blood yada yada...”

This is how people of today (Modernity) think.

Not a single argument to be had!

Yeah, you read Spengler and now care about... Wait, a couple of months.

Go where?

le you will grow out of x thinker

This is how people today (Modernity) actually think.

Get a real aristocratic thinker like Ortega y Gasset or Burke or Eliot. Spengler and Evola are right-wing junk food.

>This brainlet expects me to believe he read both volumes of Spengler's great work

Just admit that Evola and Spengler were too extreme/esoteric for you and you couldn't hack it.

>muh plebs

>Confusing the signs of decay with the cause of decay
>Trying to separate some amorphous concept of the "West" from Christianity and Hellenism
>Defining the Byzantine Empire as being nothing more than a decayed Roman Empire
Yeah no, Spengler was full of shit. Read Revolt of the Masses and Christianity and Culture

t. idiot who hasn't read the work

>le you will grow out of x thinker

>This is how people today (Modernity) actually think.

This is how people today don’t think.

>>Confusing the signs of decay with the cause of decay

Literally didn't get it lol. You just based your opinion off this quote yet haven't actually read the book.

Who the fuck cares faggot? You were already going to blame everything you hate about existence on modern society, this is just your little Tickle - Me - Brainlet excuse which backs you. Go tell someone to kill themselves while preaching about the pitfalls of nihilism.

Dude! The rest of [us] out here in TV-LAND get the reference, as do (you). Different user, by the way.
Vacuity. The Great Inane. Inanity. Silliness. I think Spengler would marvel at just how empty or emptied-out Western 'things' could actually become, and will become (even further) as the years roll on (down the 'line'). Gluten-free breads and crackers, technological circuses, blah blah blah, blah blah....

Optimism is Cowardice.

Woah! Yeah, “pessimism” sure is scary. Not something exciting and occupying the time of burnouts and losers. I’m sure that’s why /pol/ exists? Because “the truth” is so appalling and disgusting only the bravest societal rejects can thicke it. And why middle aged people who leave the house once a day become involved in politics. So, so horrible.

>Trying to separate some amorphous concept of the "West" from Christianity and Hellenism
learn some math and read some phenomenology of religion brainlet

Like Nietzsche, like Schopenhauer, like Jung, like Proust (even) Spengler does possess (and possesses some with) his gorgeous, poetic prose.

Spengler was right. No hope for the west, it has become a shell that Europeans have outgrown and now need to toss away.

Autism.

Right. But at the teeny cost of even being 'Europeans.' That too is Spengler.

No. The form of modern western civilization is stagnant and poisoning the world. Only by supporting legitimate anti western resistance movements can western civilization be destroyed thus providing the raw energy and space for a new civilization framework.

The only legitimate option for evolution is to support anti liberal forms like radical communists, Islam, ethnic nationalism, and other sinister paths that will destroy the modern world.

Say goodbye to clean water,gay marriage, Starbucks, and McDonald's boys, we are on the verge of a new global tribal phase which will propel a pan European intergalactic civilization. We were born just in time to watch progress hang its self.

Mass migration is good, feminism is good, the poison is the cure.

>I am of callings it, "Geopolitika".

/pol/ is optimism. Just like all ideologies.
>White people are great by nature

That 'pan' proves my nay Spengler's point. What (you) insist upon calling 'European' won't be European anymore. This influx of actual autism and its sub-varieties however are inklings of the coming Magianism. Words..
Youre right.

>the poison is the cure.

Exactly, brother. Hasten the demise. These brainlets still think in terms of opposition and Modernity. They think by voting """right-wing"" it will save them. The only think that can save us now is complete collapse. Let it come.

>i haven't read spengler: the post

I think you legit having learning difficulties, go see a doctor, they might give you a free ipad or something

Not an argument.

>The consumerism, hedonism, and secular humanism is the zeitgeist of the age
Kill me

Are they related?

Behold; the world of the material mind brought us this! youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
By all means (of material importance), and by all accounts (taken seriously from a materialistic perspective) this is paradise.

Yet we need to chemically alter people to stay in, or fool them in with pretty images, promises of a better life. Man does not eat from bread alone.

What really matters the most?

What is really most important?

a. slogging through
b. integrity, and kindness
This is however a speculative thread where (we) endeavor to gear our brains towards speaking in general. Is that okay?

yep, it seems others arguing above were arguing generally: A: "Things suck! people suck!", B: "No they dont! No they dont!", C: "It doesnt matter! It doesnt matter!", D: "Cant do anything about it, and if you could whats it even worth really!"

Right. But it's with respect to an old book that has all of a sudden appeared in the media (last week's NewYorker, for instance) in snippets here and there. It's argument is that any society passes through longish phases, playing itself out in the final phase. Published around the outbreak of ww1 S went over these phases while claiming that what [we] call the West was late in its final phase. The responses (you) reduce were therefore inevitable given the context of the book. Still, for those who have read it, here and there an interesting observation did emerge.

The argument I was suggesting is suggested is: the statement 'western civilization is collapsing or degrading', what is the mean or matter of that?

Which is exactly the point of it; western civilization could degrade, lose its culture, and what would it matter as long as people could still eat and fuck?

Western civilization/culture = certain values and cultures,

There are still musueums and over 1000 people who partake in western culture and spend their time consuming its traditional and whatever stuff:

What is really the fear, how much of it is about art? How much of it is about law? How much of it is about 'common decency of the town folk to one another on the streets'? How much of it is about primitive animalistic exploitations?

And so how much effort by how many should be expended in an attempt to 'prove?', to convert, how many others to seeing that there is better and worse ways of thinking and being?

And beyond law, how much can really be done in terms of forcing others to think and behave a certain way?

And in terms of art and culture, how much should law really restrict an individuals freedom to pursue profit without directly physically harming another?

hm

More like oswald sperger amirite

How come all the people who write like this don't really amount to anything, often reveal to be exhibitions of the reality that is opposed to their idealism? This autistic cunt wouldn't fit in his own fiction, maybe he realised that though.

Instead of simply being something he rather stand still and say "no", remaining a fresh child and constructing a fantasy to pleasure himself through escapism.

>There are still musueums and over 1000 people who partake in western culture and spend their time consuming its traditional and whatever stuff:
Wow, have you ever even been in the same room as a copy of The Decline?

>Spengler
>idealization
>moralization
You did not read the book.

Evola sure, but Spengler is great.

Jesus Christ Marie! It's a Downfall!

Explain? X amount of people A living way of life A.

Y amount of people B living way of life B.

Afraid quantity X will greatly lessen. By 5%, 10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 87%, 95%.

I guess this could be considered a problem, for people A.

I wish I owned them. I can use them, but it feels like borrowing from someone.

>Amount to anything
What did you mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
What do these mice amount to? Comparing them to free mice, or pets, we see that they are the lowest. None of them would fit in any other system.

youtube.com/watch?v=DNcwaR2xW1Q

I like Sumerians, I've read about them and played as them in a game (a bad one). That does not mean Sumerian culture is all that relevant. Fan clubs don't make up societies. Skinheads don't get this, and neither do you.

>burke
cringe

So many reactions. So little input.

so what occurred to the native americans was ok?