What is Veeky Forumss take on ereaders?

What is Veeky Forumss take on ereaders?

I don't have one as I like the feeling of a real book but I like the idea of it's portability and the fact that I could save money on books by just downloading them.

They're not worth it.

As long as I have my kindle I will probably not buy another real book. It's really way more practical. No need for a light source, no turning pages, no using two hands to hold it.

The general opinion is you should use the archive and stop creating pointless threads, dumb faggot.

i am the eternal shill for my Kobo Aura One, but i try to be fair in my enthusiasm.

random books i dislike on ereader:
>complete works of plato/aristotle
>KJV bible
>complete shakespeare (only half-bad, really)
>ancient greek tragedians (again, half-bad)
>mishima (an aesthetic choice, for some reason)
>any freud (should be read on paper)

random books i like on ereader:
>the rise and fall of ancient egypt
>BotNS
>NRSV bible
>kierkegaard's writings
>any Oxford World Classic, properly formatted
>moby-dick
>complete works of jung
>any good history book, or a book with lots of footnotes/foreign words

tl;dr? i love my Kobo, but it's not completely all-purpose

>using tl;dr for a couple of lines on a literature board
>this is what ereaders do to you

>this is what amphetamines does to a person
>ereaders are just a symptom of efficiency

They're superior, I only read paper books now if there's no ebook to be pirated or bought.

>I like the feeling of a real book
Holy cringe, Batman

just get one. $100 for a vast amount of books in one medium. I use my kindle all the time and have no regrets.

that's the catalog you mongoloid

How often do people come across poorly formatted ebooks? I see a lot of bad reviews on Amazon and stuff, which has put me off buying one.

w2c epubs

Its a good purchase for Veeky Forums considering whats popular here. Things like Plato/Shakespeare/whatever other popular ancient Veeky Forums flavors are 99 cents-a couple bucks for a full collection. I get virtually all of my books for under 5 bucks either by downloading massive collections on kindle or by buying used from thrifts. Only exceptions is really modern shit which is expensive through all mediums other than pirating but nobody here reads much modern works it seems

I would have never gotten into reading if it wasn't for the kindle.

t. Amazon

Just us the damn library, or buy from a used bookstore. Is the average lit user this poor that you refuse to spend a cent on a fucking book? Do you scavenge cigarette roaches up off the ground too?

#bookz
forum.mobilism.org

Great for pure text, very shitty for anything with images or non-standard page layouts. I personally love mine because I can carry around thousands and thousands of novels but something like a pen-and-paper RPG rulebook or a scientific paper with diagrams just doesn't fucking work. If someone would make an A4-sized e-reader then things might be different but until then just stick to novels and shit.

the complete works of shakespeare are free on kindle
you can't find that deal in a bookstore

Ebooks are always like 5 bucks cheaper assuming you don't just pirate them.

They're not perfect for everything but they're absolutely worth it.

I have a paperwhite, it's great tech but I don't really enjoy the ebook experience. Pretty much the only time I use it is if I'm going to be somewhere for an extended time where I'm going to be reading a fair deal in poorly lit environments like while camping or traveling.

How can you even read without rotating the screen in the settings? A simple 90 degree turn really makes reading much easier

Kindles are a bit small for that. I'd be interested in trying ebooks on a large tablet like an ipad pro though.