Just woke from what might be the worst nightmare of my life...

Just woke from what might be the worst nightmare of my life. I thought that maybe Veeky Forums would like to flex their skills in psychanalysis in me.

I am laying on a bed at a friends house. It is night, my friends (I actually don't remember who it was, i just knew instinctively they are my friends) and my now ex-gf are sitting together at a table before me, talking. For some odd reason, the chairman of the German Linke (left wing) party, Gregor Gysi, is also present.

(Note: my gf broke up with me < three weeks ago and it's got me pretty fucked up)

Suddenly fireworks go off outside and everybody in the room cheers. I am confused as it is not NYE, but they tell me it is some obscure local holiday limited to the city I live in. I dose off at this point.

When I wake up, I find TWO identical versions of my gf laying before me on the bed, watching me with cat eyes. I look from one to the other and realize she has a twin she never told me about. "Are you fucking kidding me?", I say. I am not overly worried at this point, actually.

They look at me with a kind of sad dissapointment. "you have a twin?", I say. "Yes", one of them responds. "It was all just a challenge."

I realize at this point that during our entire relationship I was unknowingly dating not one, but two girls.

Things get somewhat blurry now, so I'll have to summarize what i remember. I become aware at this point that my girlfriend(s) intend to end our relationship this night, so I follow them around the apartment trying to reason with them, or get some kind of information out of them I know they are obscuring from me. The thing is, I cannot discern them from one another at all, so I don't know with whom i have which memories. But I do occasionally get the feeling that one of them still loves me in some way while the other is trying to get rid of me. For instance, one of them is taking a bath in the bathroom, leaving the door open as if to invite me inside, while the other shuts the door and attempts to block me and keep me outside. I manage to barge in and enter the tub, but gf #2 leaves quickly.

Things deterioate severely as the night goes on. What i discover is that the ultimate goal of this spiel was it to kill me and I am neither the first victim of this game nor was I in any way special to them as a person. Things get violent at this point and i wrestle with one or both of them. There's a small gap in my memory but I think I kill one of them (through strangulation, I believe) and the other one flees on foot. I pursue her through the streets, but she keeps a steady distance from me, even appears to be gaining. I follow her into what looks like an empty airport, not abandoned, but empty due to the late hour. I lose sight of her here, only hearing her footsteps, then those fade away to and i have to chose more or less blindly at any intersection, fearing i might have lost her.

CONT'D

I eventually end up in front of some downward-sloped tunnel in which lanes of the kind of conveyor belts they have at the airport are running, like a grand, modern river. I am convinced she must have gone this way and follow her. The belt basically leads to a t-section onto a MUCH faster row of belts, which drag me onwards like at an insane speed. I am catapulted upwards into the sky, plummet back down and bounce back even higher (It has become daytime now). I land on top of a giant stadium, together with a baseball. The only thing i know is that I must have the baseball.

I chase the baseball across the glassen roof, directly above the playing field. the glass b egins dissolving around both me and the baseball. I get the ball and cling to the steel scaffolding for dear life as the glass melts aways entirely. I am several hundreds of meters in the air, holding the baseball in my hands and tightly wrapped around a steel bar, hoping that someone, anyone will spot me up here.

The camera (you know, how you sometimes become both the protagonist and the observer of your dreams) zooms back out from the huge and roaring multitude in the stadium below and i come into frame, standing at the edge of a cliff, triumphantly holding up the baseball.

Now there's some narrator and he says: "And the ones who invested millions failed to invest in millions."

So, what do you make of this, dear Veeky Forumserates?

The contents of this post are trivial and left as an exercise for the reader

they don't feel very trivial to me

I lik your dream, user. I have no skill for psychanalysis however, i'm sorry.
You know how people say that they had a dream and start telling you about it, trying to piece it together making it somehow structured? Also, adding their own perception of what the dream meant? I always get annoyed at that. I dunno why.
It's like I know how dreams work. You can't recall everything with detail. Some parts yeah but never a structured story. Even recalling all the participants is bullshit to me, you should remember one or two and maybe yourself being inside the dream as an active participant. But even then, the dream changes characters on the fly. That relative that was with you at the beginning might feel that never left your side but, eventually, will transform in someone else entirely. Or the purpose of a dream might seem to do something when, all of a sudden, the focus just changed. Even you disappear from it, leaving only a peripheral vision of what's happening.
That's what I like it. Sucks that it disturbed you. Dating twins is hot though.

you are working out your internalized grief through dreams. Your mind is interpreting your breakup this way because you cannot understand how someone who appeared to love you could cut off the relationship. So you visualize the 'old' girl and 'new' girl as two different people while reliving the original experience.

By separating the events past by categorizing them in two parts, your mind can believe that you can be together again, something you desperately want. Once you created this scenario in your mind, you made up a reason to eliminate the 'new' girl through the idea that she was 'out to get you.' The violence in this part probably startles you due to seeing the realization of your internalized rage.

Following this, you try to pursue the girl only for her to be unattainable. The act of killing some fictional twin and "resolving the reason you couldn't be together" is only a fantasy. You can never reconcile the differences between you that way, and there is no evil at work between you.

Rather than confront the possibility that she, in her right mind, saw that ending the relationship was for the best, your mind instantly threw itself into another pursuit. Grabbing random recent memories, your mind began a hodgepodge attempt to show personal achievement.

yeah, but if you're dating twins without knowing it, are you really dating twins?

the oddest thing about this dream is probably that it has a precursor. when we were still together i once had a dream about how she is a huge impostor or something. weird shit. there must have been a reason why people thought dreams could foretell the future.

>And the ones who invested millions failed to invest in millions

What? Was this phrase in english in your dream?

I'm not going to attempt this, but I will say that you should meditate upon its meaning yourself. I too just recently had a horrifying nightmare. I can only describe it as being shown a glimpse of hell if it rose up to manifest itself upon the world we know. People going insane. Mad with rage and selfishness. When I awoke my first realization was the reality of love and how it upholds all things. Without it any greater collective prosperity would be impossible to actualize. It was hellish. Truly. And this happened the night after someone told me that the way to overcome my chronic envy was to "show myself love."

Sometimes the meaning of these things eludes us until the right time. For the moment however, there is practically always some kind of message you can take away from it, no matter how incomprehensible the entirety of the ordeal seems.

Tell me that other dream user c:

>dreaming about Gysi
>not about Wagenknecht
Stop lying to yourself and embrace your deepest desires.

except there actually is a "reason we couldn't be together", at least if you believe her words. what she told me was basically that she has some fucked up experience in her childhood (next to something else her bf at the time tried to kill himself twice) which led her to subconsciously believe that she is hurting the people she cares about most by being around them for too long. so she loves me but leaves me for fear of hurting me, which is some of the most absurd and hurtful things i've ever heard desu. that is, if it's true. she might just be bullshitting me because she thinks this is the "humane" alternative or something. spoiler: [spoilerit is not the humane alternative][/spoiler]

Dreams mean nothing, that's why everyone forgets them shortly after. They are an evolution residue.

yeah, it was. i think its (rather stupid) meaning is that i was stuck on top of this billion-dollar stadium without any way to go down or anybody to spot me.

that sounds fucked up. did you read anything lately that could be relevant to the general theme of the dream?

I don't remember much of it. at was set at some kind of party or something. i had the suspicion that she was not the "real" gf but couldn't get her to admit anything.

you need at least two dreams to dream wagenknechts nose in its entirety

>Dreams mean nothing, that's why everyone forgets them shortly after.
Just like your posts.
>They are an evolution residue.
Just like you.

Love is an evolution residue, means nothing.

DELET

Are you German? Why an obscure German politician was in your dream?

yeah I'm German. Gysi is actually one of the few people to whose public hanging i would buy a ticket.

In the dream he was suprisingly chill though.

Twin GF = people are 'twofaced', communication is never fully complete or adequate, there's another 'person' within the person you think you know whose interiority is fundamentally incommunicable and inaccessible. Much of that interiority is thoughts/feelings/impulses (id stuff) that isn't very socially acceptable and would probably upset other people. The horror of realizing this directly (GF breaking up with you - evidently there was territory in her being that was not accessible to you) is represented in dream through the grotesque doubling of this person, who presumably had said one thing to you and thought/felt another for some period of time before the end of this relationship.

>Love is an evolution residue

Not at all. It's the one thing that runs through all levels of the universe.

t. Schäuble

that sounds almost like I'm dreaming HER subconscious. it's like a transcendental or intersubjective theory of psychoanalysis. As in, the true horror isn't rejection or the withdrawal of affection, it's isolation. Sollipsism.

Then why was the million bit in english?

I've been trying out lucid dreaming recently but i wont be doing it again. It took me about 2 months of keeping dream journals, compulsively pinching myself, and double-checking clocks to finally get a lucid dream. at first it was great, i could fly, have sex with that hot lecturer at my university, really do what ever i wanted. But every time i lucid dreamed there was this red figure who stood at the edge of my vision, watching me. Every time i tried to walk towards the figure, it'd just move backwards at the same rate i moved forwards, so it was always just out of focus. It was the only part of the dream i couldn't control. It was kind of weird but i didn't think much of it, especially since i looked up other peoples experiences with lucid dreaming and it was apparently pretty common. But last night i was lucid dreaming and the red figure was closer than usual, and when i walked towards it this time it didn't move away. As i got closer i realized it was an old man in red clerical clothing, and he was holding a crown; It was fucking Cardinal Richelieu. As i got within a metre of him i suddenly woke up, but i could barely breathe or move. I'd read about sleep paralysis when i was researching how to lucid dream, but what really freaked me out was Cardinal fucking Richelieu standing a metre away from my bed, the exact distance away he was in the dream. I tried screaming and moving but i couldn't, and Richelieu walked over to me and started to sternly lecture me in french. I couldn't understand a word he was saying because i don't speak french, but he kept pushing a crown into my face and lecturing me until, after what felt like half an hour i could move again and he was gone. I have no idea what it means but It really terrified me, seriously, don't try lucid dreaming.

At least it was a recognizable figure and it talked with you

my father is british. i didn't technically grow up bilingual, but i was exposed to a lot of british lit as a child and i still love it. that's why i come here.

holy shit. that is some guy de maupassant shit. is this phenomenon exclusive to lucid dreaming?

that post was a satire of the other guy

>As in, the true horror isn't rejection or the withdrawal of affection, it's isolation

I wouldn't put my ideas in quite these terms. The horror is both the rupture with the object of attachment and the recognition that not only are you alone now but you were alone before this happened.

I don't want "le existential loneliness" to be some inherently morbid thing though, as though it's "THE true horror". Human beings are naturally afraid of being alone for various reasons but there are disciplines that can be practiced to resolve this.

as in, "love isn't real?" Or "love is not enough?"

Bump

>fear of hurting me
I heard something similar from a girl once, but in my case it was the reason to not enter a relationship, rather than leave one.

>fear of hurting me
I heard something similar from a girl once, but in my case it was her reason not to enter a relationship with me, rather than leave one.

bullshit, dreams evoke emotions unconsciously by showing you things you have repressed or not dealt with on some level. pretty basic tier stuff.