Im not sure of anything anymore

Im not sure of anything anymore.
I used to be a communist then a liberal, now I just don't hold any convictions. I think I might be afraid of defending something that can be crushed by another point of view. I believe there isn't anything completely true therefore I stay away from convictions. I don't think I have a problem with that but I fear the rest of the people will and that I may never feel secure about anything or be capable of understanding someone else.
Ive read a little bit of philosophy here and there, Socrates, Plato, Seneca, Agustin, Descartes, Nietzsche, Stirner, Camus and Unamuno. I believe Im im this state because Im midway trough philosophy or something and Im just confused as fuck.
Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IESGZhf8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like you're a nihilist. Nihilism is dumb. There is no ideological safe space.

Maybe I am a Nihilist. If I am I don't like it. I spend too much time pondering about shit and accomplishing nothing.

this picture is DISGUSTING

Become a christian

A distrust in the ideas of truth itself is flawed in a way that should be obvious.

Be a realist and wait for the coming despotism.

I completely fucking agree. Fuck I'm angry

It isn't to me.

t. Mensalet

Time to read Hume.

Read Confessions of Saint Augustine. Read Kierkegaard. Understand there can only be meaning if there is a God. Realize there must be a god for there to be existence. Realize the Catholic conception of God is the only one that accords with reality and is predictive. Be at peace.

lmao, really wish I could be that retarded. I read confessions in Catholic School and found it hilarious. Kierkegaard is just another autist trying to make himself feel better about his shit life, anyone who takes that shit seriously in the 21st century is borderline insane and depressed. I know it feels good user, I really do, but you can only delude yourself from the real questions for so long

>I read it
>in highschool
Pick one

>God
>accords with reality
>predictive

Top lel

Read Heidegger.
You won't understand him, but at least it'll keep you busy for a couple of years

I read it in 6th grade, by that point I had become a mini biblical scholar after reading the Bible nearly everyday for 7 years. Even at my high religious phase I still found confessions to be extremely archaic and not in a charming way

That's because you weren't reading it. There is a difference between reading the words on page, and taking in what it is saying.

Laugh all you want. It won't make you any less empty and miserable.

Your interpretations of things as a child is not the same as your interpretation of those things as an adolescent, as it is not the same as your interpetation of those things as an adult, as middle-aged, as aging, or as elderly, all in spite of the fact that you feel like you are "you" and that "you" "haven't changed".

seriously, the green and white on the edges makes it look so shitty. Should've just been the blue and red, with maybe a tiny orange sliver in the middle

>le you werent paying attention meme
st paul doesn't convicve everyone, get over it.

for further reading it's naturally nietzsche: start with twilight of the idols where you can see his stance against christianity and neoplatonism which is basicaly the same thing (sans jesus).

The religiosity of a kid is often false and full of pride. A child who is innocent thinks of play, not of God. To a child, life is good and God is good, what further question must be asked, what more is there to be understood?

You don't have to be either an ideologue or a nihilist. Pay attention to the world and develop your own convictions.

Great comeback. If you believe that everything has gone wrong, why would you follow the very people who have made the world as it is now? And why would you go with philosophy that lead to ruin before? Augustine is a neo-platonist. Nietzche was not anti-christianity; rather he recognized that Europe had become spiritually dead in the "enlightenment". I did not recommend Augustine because he is more convincing than another, but because his confessions speak directly to the angst you feel now. He speaks directly about truth, about goodness, about the very issues you've concerned yourself with. Kierkegaard was recommended because he deals with this issues in a superb way for the modern era. Why do you think taking out Jesus makes everything work? How can you not see that Jesus fulfills everything Neitzche ever said about the uber man and more? Why do you think the most important things are the least important?

>that should be obvious
if its so obvious tell me the flaw

What is this right now that we are doing? Who are you? What are you? If truth does not exist at all, then how are you even imagining that you might be deceived by this illusion of discourse? If Truth isn't, what is?

Are you telling me that you tried every blue pill (communism, liberalism, nihilism) and are still miserable?
I'm gonna have to agree with You obviously need meaning in life, and a father as well, someone to guide you.
God and Capitalism is the only way user.

Also, no degeneracy

Why do we tolerate these threads on Veeky Forums? They're not on topic and I don't care about anybody's pathetic life. /r9k/ needs to be deleted, fuck robots.

truth is conventional, truth is what is useful to someone or social group (or a part of group). clearly this position is articulated through language (and language is conventional, unless you believe it is a gift from god), but truth also is articulated through language (a system of signs), which is human-crafted. "objective" truth is a construct (as everything related to signs), but it is ultimately useful (e.g. science).

>God and Capitalism is the only way user.

You cannot serve God and Mammon

Not having convictions for fear of being proven wrong is bullshit, user.

It's basically saying fuck seeking the truth, I'll just play it by ear.

Go outside.

basically also, you're too impatient. People spend their entire lives figuring out what they believe in. Don't listen to anyone that tells you to figure it out before you're 20 or something. It's unrealistic.

Take your time and keep reading!!!

Seems you are sure of typing without using a sentence, or paragraph

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IESGZhf8g

We're waiting for you user. Don't fight it

Who cares just gain knowledge and happiness what else is there, why involve yourself with any of the ideas you study

Stop following ideologies you fucking sheep.