Rereading Foucault's College de France lectures

>rereading Foucault's College de France lectures
>mfw it dawns on me that some people find this difficult or opaque
>mfw I remember I used to find it difficult
>mfw I remember an instance of reading Foucault years ago for the first time and thinking "This is hard!"
>mfw I realize most humans can't fluidly read French or German philosophy at all
>mfw I am suddenly overwhelmed by pity for all the plebs, who never got past that initial learning curve, and therefore never gained access to the absolute pinnacle of the human experience reading French and German philosophy

Prepare to be sorted, Bucko.

But, memes aside, I know the feel Man.

>absolute pinnacle of the human experience
>french or german philosophy
l m a o

Understanding ideology and power discourse is quite important when trying to decipher social and cultural settings. Seeing beyond hierarchical power-institutes, and understanding how much of their nature stems from illusory linguistic systems, is something very few people successfully understand... and they play the power-game their whole lives, never understanding how fictitious it all is, making their lives nothing more than shallow lies. Still, when one does tilt the ladder, all of life ends up amounting to the same end, and then it really doesn't matter anymore.

kant and hegel are great
foucault and any other french philosopher is just wasting their time either stating the obvious, or stating nothing at all

Bet you love Jesus too, don't you faggots?

Aren't lectures usually in simpler language though?

how do i into focault

Philosophers do not experience life as fully and beautifully as poets. Philosophy is second to the poetics.

>feeling anything other than love for the savior of all mankind

Yikes

The Foucault reader edited by Paul Rabinow

>>foucault and any other french philosopher is just wasting their time either stating the obvious, or stating nothing at all
so just like kant

Foucault isn't "difficult", really, his writing just fucking sucks. He just continually re-states his thesis with slight variations using convoluted run-on sentences. It's not hard to get what he's saying because the writing is so repetitive that its hammered into you, but it is a total chore.

Fucking this. Reading Foucault is like eating soup with a fork.
I'm glad he got aids.

Like others did, in the ass

If jesus was the saviour of mankind how come he couldnt get yall 4 chan christians to lose your virginity before age 20??

Nothing else worth calling 'philosophy' out there.

This is how I feel about people who are bad at math.

>foucault and any other french philosopher is just wasting their time either stating the obvious
You poor bastard... you missed the whole point of philosophy since kant

>Frege
>Meinong
>Wittgenstein
>Godel
>JSM
>Parfit
>Roger fucking Bacon
>Aquinas
>Hobbes
>Williams
>Boole
>Strawson
>Burke
>Lakatos
>Kierkegaard

I haven't even started with the americans

Frege is German

Mecklenburg-Schwerin was under the Swedish crown until Frege was 55

>his ethnicity and native culture changed because of external political status of his homecountry
This level of contrarianism.
>comparing bottom of the barrel literally who third-rate analytic trash to the titans of philosophy
Go be assblasted somewhere else, positivist fag.

>>Frege
>>Meinong
>>Wittgenstein
>>Godel
All Germans.
>Boole
If we start counting every French and German mathematician who expressed a philosophical view, you're gonna have a bad time, Angloshit.

>too retarded to know anything about the Mecklenburg dynasty and the proxy rule of northern germany by the swedish for hundreds of years
>Derrida and Luce Irigaray are titans of philosophy
sure thing senpai

>Frege born in Swedish territory
>Meinong born in part of Austria that's now in the Ukraine
>calling Wittgenstein german
you're trolling but there are people who are actually this stupid
>Godel
he was born in Brno senpai

>a carrier of German culture of German-Polish descent born in a German state with German as his native tongue universally recognized to be German in every measurable aspect
>no he was Swedish because of bolitical indrigues :-DDD
That level of coping.

Witty is literally the only one you could argue wasn't fully German. For the rest see

>tried to self-teach postmodern theory four-five years ago
>thought it was bullshit initially
>there wasn't an absurd movement at the time forcing it as a SJW strawman so i don't become a bitter ideologue
>try again 3 years ago
>it all clicks

feels good

>a carrier of german culture = german
GEE I GUESS NAMIBIANS ARE TROO GERMANS LOL
>of German-polish descent
>father of unknown heritage with german name
>mother of almost pure polish descent
PURE MASTER RACE AMIRITE
>born in a german state
>hanseatic city controlled by sweden for hundreds of years
>german as his native tongue
as a student in a Wismar gymnasium he would have been taught german and swedish
>recognized to be german in every measurable aspect
areyousureaboutthat.gif

>Aquinas

>straw men on straw men
Again refer to that picture >he would have been taught german and swedish
I was taught and speak 4 languages, doesn't change my native one.
>areyousureaboutthat.gif
Yes, literally everyone in the world recognizes Frege as a German philosopher except for one autistic Anglotard trying too hard on a Kyrgyz yak-shearing webinar.

you seem pretty upset
I think its because you know you've been..
R E F U T E D
E
F
U
T
E
D

>U MAD
>BTFO
Please, return to your preteen subreddit of a board and leave the big boy discussions to non-brainlets, my assmad friend.

R E F U T E D
E
F
U
T
E
D

D E T U F E R
E
T
U
F
E
R

Heidegger was the last worthwhile philosopher, and that's already kind of a stretch. Everything after him is labyrinthine rehashing of previous ideas coupled with the delayed digestion of structuralism or outlandish claims underneath a layer of unnecessary neologisms and obsfucation.

>tfw you used to think this
You'll get through this difficult time user

>Attempting to read heidegger as a product of his german and theological influences
>not as a presocratic
the most thought provoking thing in our thought provoking time is that we are still not thinking

The last original philosopher was Socrates user

Seems like time didn't teach you humility, though

That's kinda simplistic, don't you think? He's directly influenced by Aristotle, Hegel, Nietzsche, Husserl and many others, and reading him like a presocratic would imply a failure to capture said dialogues with other thinkers.

>that's kinda simplistic!
>Heidegger expounds on numerous occasions against biographying philosophers into just a culmination of their influences and the circumstances of their birth
>do exactly that when trying to approach his work
get out

good post

>Seems like time didn't teach you humility, though
you'll get through this. I promise.

western philosophy ends with plato

Imagine watching this guy say this to someone who actively reads philosophy

AIDS filled faggot who had no understanding at all of aristotle.

His philosophy isn't situated outside of history. For instance, he directly mentions aristotelic jargon many times in his writings.

Actively reading and teaching philosophy is my livelihood

>saviour of all mankind
That's Lucifer though.

Wouldn't want to read stupid fucks such as Foucalt anyway.

>Actively reading and teaching philosophy is my livelihood
I feel bad for your 'students' then that they have such a dismissive and closed minded 'teacher'.

You really think your insufferably cynical mono-insight that "IT'S ALL ABOUT POWER!" is so fucking valuable, don't you?

It's obvious that power factors into human affairs, but it's equally obvious that a power analysis doesn't exhaust an event, or even account for its entire foundation... KID!

In my case, I think it was for my own good, though it's not profitable to speculate on such matters.

>foucalt
>philosophy

Lordy lordy.