Cyberpunks shit now right?

I've been reading neuromancer by William Gibson and i'm real into it, but i'm worried that eventually i'm gonna be reading shitty cyberpunk wanna-be garbage. idk maybe i'm just an asshole but i want to know of any good cyberpunk authors.

just look outside the window, admire the sky the color of a deleted youtube video.

read the entirety of the sprawl trilogy (mona lisa overdrive is the weakest despite its cool title but probably still worth reading). then read mirrorshades (some stories are weak but some are really cool). then uh try sanow crash and then you're about as far as i am in exploring cyberpunk so i cant help ya anymore

goddammit.

bladerunner is a good author!!

bladerunner shit get good

the matrix is a better book

if you are even interested in cyberpunk you should read snow crash

i read it.
its absolute reddit garbage

i'll give it a shot sure

Best works from the original '80s cyberpunks:
The Mirrorshades Anthology
Eclipse - John Shirley
Software - Rudy Rucker
Synners - Pat Cadigan

Some good work was done later of course. I recommend Jeff Noon's Vurt.

>hes not fighting megacorps irl
do you even DIY smartlink implants?

Tbh cyberpunk is best when it's been incorporated into a larger thematic or narrative context. Revelation Space does this pretty well. Hyperion, too, to an extent. Ready Player One is the best, though.

checked

it's a little too "teehee i'm being ironic ;)" for me, but the imagery is fucking god-tier

>RPO
I'm going to need you to either kill yourself or fuck off back to plebbit

Why read about cyberpunk when you can live it?

yeah OP, just become transgender

I got the meaning behind this post and now I feel sad.

i read a bit of snowcrash and I really dont like the whole vibe i get from it, it's not serious at all. I mean ik it's scifi but still

The Diamond Age is Stephenson's superior work, totally different tone from Snowcrash

pleb

>implying transgenderism is primary theme of cyberpunk

Sweetie lick harder by my taint

cyberpunk isn't shit, unless you read it and laugh, thinking "wow, they were so wrong".

consider how much of it was written before the web even existed. Bruce Sterling's "Islands in the Net", for example. anyone who writes about the future is gambling. nobody gives Jules Verne shit about launching people into space from a giant cannon, do they?

taking cyberpunk as the literary equivalent of punk might seem precious to you now, but that's only because you never grew up in the seventies, whacked in the side of the head by one after another slow, turgid, heavy and humorless hard SF tomes. after all that shit, cyberpunk was a breath of fucking fresh air.