How do you stay sharp during an allnighter?

How do you stay sharp during an allnighter?

Writing on an emotionally draining topic that needs to be perfect. How do you keep your writing quality from shifting when you're going against your biological rhythm?

Share tips. Please and thank you.

Don't write you idiot

energy bars, Naked juice drink

ADDERALL
D
D
E
R
A
L
L

bupropion

I have to. This was due years ago.

Tomorrow is my personal deadline. Flying off to another country for a while.

I can't go with a guilty conscience. I also need every line to be immaculate. Every word must count. (Not trying to reach a word limit, I just want it to be meaningful.) A purpose in each word.

How the fuck do I stop myself from slipping into ramble land when my mind becomes fatigued?

How do the very greats do it? There has to be a mastermind way. How do we overcome biology and keep our writing skills sharp?! COME ON TEAM!

SHARE YOUR GREAT WORK TIPS

How do you balance writing benders and working a physical job? Do you have to have a weaklet job to be a successful author?

punching myself in the balls

coffee. lots of coffee.
regular snack breaks, but keep portions small to avoid fatigue from satiation
regular fapping (not necessarily to completion) to stimulate your nervous system
that's all i got
don't use alcohol or cannabis - you're playing with fire and risking sudden burnout

we are doing this the natural way

also i bet adderall makes you think you write well, except you can't distinguish your own tone and your prose is going to be run on as fuck. please no psych meds here! this is natural!

Come on team!

but i forgot to mention: the most important motivator to keep you awake is believing in your need to write whatever it is you're writing. If your goal is not noble enough in your own mind to keep you focused on task, I have no interest in helping you stay up. Similarly, if you are pursuing something you truly value, you will get the job done regardless of the availability of food water and fap materials.
authenticity is your greatest and sometimes only ally

I periodically close my eyes and focus on my failings as a person and the weight of my task. I scream internally, berating and abusing all the missteps that led me here, I scourge myself with the worst future that could await me and stress how I had chosen this, wrought it all despite having every chance, a base coward deserving of all the pains I've known and worse still, how squandering as I've squandered isn't merely stupid, it is criminal and I am far worse than anyone I could hope to hate. I find after about 5 or 10 minutes of this I approach a state of excitement just short of a nervous breakdown and it allows me to write with a desirable degree of liveliness.

thanks
thank you!

nice

thank you all!

> is believing in your need to write whatever it is you're writing

Thank you.

" authenticity is your greatest and sometimes only ally. "

I appreciate this.

done that and been there for a while.

i loved the happy ending btw - let's forever write! and never berate ourselves for not having written sooner! we have the present and future.

----

okay instead of writing my reply as i'm reading your post, i should've read it all from the get go. i'm the same and i love you. thank you. a hug.

>How do the very greats do it
If you must ask, I question your level of commitment. The greats would, if they had to, crawl through a field of broken fucking glass to reach a broken pencil only to slide down a ravine of festering excrement to pick up some crumpled up papers.
And you're telling us about the inconvenience of feeling guilty for not having finished your questionably authentic manuscript before your international flight.
This is not meant to demotivate you, but rather to give you a lens with which to evaluate your commitment to your own cause.

What is the topic?

i get it, i was being semi ironic.
thanks though, fields of glass shards will be plowed through tonight. >that rare moment you get to use passive voice hehe ^^

rather not say, but it's not an academic paper. writing something to be read by a panel / committee and is my life novel desu

starting now! ^^* thanks everyone *~ i am now motivated !

Cocaine, seriously

godspeed friend. may your spirit keep dawn at bay for as long as your pen demands

god bless you

i am saving this and never auto refreshing

you make me happy ** i love you!

Gotu kola is an Indian herb that is great for concentration. It's easy to get at vitamin stores.

Though it out and drink coffee you pansy. Work as if your life depended on it.

:))

^_^ :D!

I wonder how OP is doing by now

you guys are great

Coffee is the best way. Balzac had it right.