It's disappointing that I can't find contemporary books bound like this

It's disappointing that I can't find contemporary books bound like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

franklinbooks.com/leather-bound-books/
eastonpress.com/
localchurchbiblepublishers.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

leather is murder

thats because they are done shit-ily like thos classic versions or whatever they're called

"Folio Society" makes, arguable, editions like "that". There are probably others. Dunno if it's hard leather.

>can't find contemporary books bound like this.
Good thing to be honest. Can you imagine IJ ornately leatherbound, I've actually seen Philip K Dick leatherbounds. I'm okay with it being restricted to holy books/epic poetry, feels more substantial

*tips leather fedora*
m-m'lady!

this t b h

I think I know what you're talking, and those are like storefront facades.

Oh without a doubt, the book must be worthy of such adornment.

>Works of Stephen King, Rupi Kaur, DWF, Pynchon, and Rowling in leather bound antiquity

beware of books like that!

the cover might turn on your inner nostalgia, but the pages are way too thin.

said it

just stack paper and buy out special collections libraries across the globe

That's part of the charm, the pages have all the width of sliced dew, but the book will still tower over all others.

I recently picked up this 1912 edition of Coleridge's complete works for €20

You probably outbid me on shit you little cunt

If there is something you want in this world it can be commissioned.

There's an absolute fuckton of small and middle sized publishers dedicated to fine editions. If that's not enough and your level of pseudery absolutely requires letterpress on handmade paper in bespoke embroidered and embossed baby yak leather with signed watercolours you can always order one at specialized binderies.

Not likely friend, I picked it up in a used bookshop.

I just checked the price, it was actually only €15

well isn't that funny!
I have the princeton edition of coleridge's complete works and so far 13 volumes (the remaining 10 have yet to be published),it comes to around 12500 pages.
his autobiography alone is 856 pages
are you sure you've got his complete works?
:)

I meant to write 'Complete Poems', my mistake

I was just trying to be a sarcastic cunt I figure that's what you meant
you should seriously check out his Biographia Literaria though. William Gass called it "the greatest work of literary criticism ever"
he became obsessed with german philosophy in his later years (coleridge) and every page is replete with references to Kant, Fichte, the ancients, all the poets of his age
his mind is a romantic encyclopedia

That sounds great, I'll definitely read it soon. Thanks user

>mfw working at a library and occasionally taking down a thicc century+ old book bound like a motherfucker and not subjected to peer review in the contemporary sense

>Want to buy a KJV bible with Doré illustrations.
>Only ones I can find on Amazon are ugly af.
Why can't they just make a normal looking hardcover?

That fact that a leather bound copy of AS exists is extraordinarily meta.

Just go to a bookbinder.

Buy an older one from Abebooks.

lol looks heavy, get an ereader man

franklinbooks.com/leather-bound-books/
eastonpress.com/
And big guy authors probably sell collectors editions once in a while.

Become a man and make it yourself. Hunt the animal. Skin it. Write a journal about it. Eat it. Guess you have to buy paper. Get a classical printing-press, print classics, sell them for thousands of dollars. Call yourself an artist. Eventually you print your journal and sell that.

These guys make the greatest KJVs available in the world. Because they are a non profit and donate the money to religious missions, they don't charge more than a few dollars above the real cost of making the bible.

localchurchbiblepublishers.com/

Awesome, and neat.