How do you cope with death

Ok so here is the deal. Im extremely terrified by the thought of dying. It gives me really bad anxiety and panic attacks. But I dont even necessarily love life, to be honest sometimes its boring and rather useless. I wish I was never born because of the fact that my consciousness will be deleted. Can someone recommend me good literature about these feelings and how to overcome them?

>It gives me really bad anxiety and panic attacks. But I dont even necessarily love life, to be honest sometimes its boring and rather useless

You need to get over this, first of all. Life is anything but boring if you have the right frame of mind.

Self-help could work. Most of it is just fairly obvious confidence building stuff.

Although "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" is a bit of a meme, I've heard good things.

"Mindfulness in Plain English" might help, if you want to get into meditation. I found meditation helps me deal with anxiety and come to terms with nihilism.
Although I don't really like him overall, Jordan Peterson's lectures are honestly quite good at motivating you and putting you on the path to feeling better about yourself and your life.

Try John Williams' "Stoner" if you haven't already. It made me want to live for a life of passion, to find meaning in every act in life.

It's hard though. I used to feel exactly the same as you. I found that if you start living your life to the fullest, rather than wasting time and watching TV and browsing forums, you'll fear death less.

thanks man ill check those out

Let me fuck you in a motel room and I'll fix your fear for you

thanks but no thanks

Read Wittgenstein.
Live happily!

Nurture your mind with beautiful and interesting thoughts and soon your fear will vanish.

>my consciousness will be deleted
Philosophy of Mind: A Beginner's Guide by Edward Feser and the related additional reading.

Fine for even a brainlet.

Make the leap to faith, son

Embrace the absurd with Camus.

this

Read Faulkner's major stuff, sound and the fury, light in August, Absalom Absalom, and especially as I lay dying. As i lay dying isn't his best or most poignant book, but it is deals most directly with nihilism and existential dread. Just understand that Faulkner wants you to think the people who lose themselves to the fear aren't living correctly, and that he believes in Camus's solution of finding something to fill the void for yourself.

Also just fill your life with culture, read, look at art, listen to famous music. Listen to audio books if you HAVE to, it's still better than sitting around watching tv

>Implying death is the end

>Although "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" is a bit of a meme, I've heard good things.
you must be brain damaged to recommend this in good conscience

Life isnt absurd unless you think it should have been different.

Not a book but bojack horseman?

I feel like i myself am a living example of what it's like to get over death and worries of hell. Though you need to experience things too for the real deal.

Muh Tumblr notes-anti-adversity-and-irony.tumblr.Com hehe

How I cope is I believe in the atheistic void-after-death but also St. Augustine's privatio boni bullshit which so therefore means all everything that is not already in hell will go to hell and the only thing that distracts me from this is the mathematical logic I spend upwards of 16hrs a day staring at (the rest of my waking hours are mostly panic attacks and drinking and texting the one girl from high school who's too soft to have blocked me.)

I cope with it by wanting to die. You don't fear losing a life you don't value

I wouldn't try to fight the fear of death, it's something that makes you human.

T.used to be borderline psychotic once
If you wanted to die enough and no longer value your life , why are you still here.

>If you wanted to die enough and no longer value your life , why are you still here.
The pain i'd inflict on my family by killing myself is less bearable than the pain of existence. Once my parents die i'll likely commit suicide

Eh, if I stopped existing after death then I wouldn't even be conscious of writing this text for you OP.

But you wouldn’t be feeling any pain because you wouldn’t exist.

I'm not a solipsist and I don't like inflicting pain on other people. Not wanting to live is overridden by my inability to cause harm

Then you're not actually afraid of death. To be completely avoidant of the fear of death you need to lack any kind of empathy with yourself, and by extension other people. The fact you care about anyone is proof you are still afraid of it - you're just driven enough to face the fear.

This

Read SubaHibi

DMT if you can handle it

Wow, a literal reddit post. Both in form and content.

through experience. existential crises are essentially the state of missing out on life, someway or another- whether it is the physical experience, emotional, bonds or quality time and history with people, places, or things- or having an understanding of the universe, death, life, an appreciation for things, people, places, ideas, words- simply feeling the lack of information, or satisfaction, or gratitude, or perspective, or clairvoyance- the feeling of ‘i haven’t lived life’, or ‘i don’t know life’, or ‘i don’t feel life’. Inner peace, of one thing, or many things, or overall. keeping the relationship with society and living beings, healthy, coming to terms with morality, the golden rule.

>worried his consciousness will be deleted

What makes yours so special, OP? You seriously think your experience of eating, shitting, sleeping, and boredom is not like literally billions of other people past and present, and even those not yet born?

Life is pain. Death is a never-ending dream. Personally I'll be glad to go.

>Death is a never-ending dream.
This is bullshit, but overall I agree. It's like a teenager throwing a tantrum over not getting the latest iphone for birthday: the problem is not the lack of the present but feeling entitled to it. Same with death, hard feelings come from entitlement to not dying.

I don't see how having empathy for other people necessitates having empathy for yourself