So due to a recent trauma in my life I am looking to better understand sexuality and the human libido

So due to a recent trauma in my life I am looking to better understand sexuality and the human libido.

is pic related a good place to start? what sexual preferences should a cultured patrician such as myself explore?

>So due to a recent trauma in my life
lol take it to twitter loser, I hear they even have a hashtag

>is the 3rd volume in a trilogy a good place to start
you should read Juliette by Donatien Alphonse Francois

I havent read the entirety of HoS but what I did read was more of a historical analysis of why 'sex' has become a thing now rather than anytime before it. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

what happened user?

If you expect a book that encourages you to become a sexual deviant then you really don't know how to start reading foucault

Read freud if you want to learn about psycho sexual development. Read the biographies of anna frued or her case studies.

Do foucault next.

Just read case studies. To understand sexuality. Also read up on the mating behavior of other animals

I have a feeling foucault put alot of his own neurosis into his works.
So if you want to understand how foucault would treat your sexuality.
Given frued was huge on transference as well. At least theres somewhat of a medical basis of his research.

Kinsey actually would be a better place to start.

Sex is pretty fucked up, in general. We get traumatized by it regardless.

well it's a little confusing and I think I need a book to put it into perspective for me but to keep a long story short and not distract from the thread I recently spent a night in with my good friend, lets call him Mr. X, and after copious amounts of alcohol and a little cocaine we were listening to music and sitting on my bed and he reached over and grabbed my hand and pulled it to his dick. He started jerking himself off with my hand and after a while it felt kinda good so I helped him out. Maybe there was even a little tongue action, idk I was very drunk. After he finished all over my bed he got up and said, "looks like you got a mess to clean up" and then he left.

this has confused me because I'm %100 straight.

get that ass

Literally the plot of moonlight. Watch that movie. Odds are you aren't '100% straight'

>Kinsey
Ugh

start with volume 1 ...

>Freud
Hasn't the majority of his work been proven incorrect?
I get he's influential in coming up with psychoanalysis, but I doubt he'd be of use here.
>just had sex with a formerly straight, literally last night
Uncanny. Though your case seems not to have involved any healthy level of consent.

Are you literally shaking?

you done got raped. I'd bring it to the police if I were you.

I wouldn't say raped, but that was definite sexual assault.

OP, regardless of your identity and whether or not you enjoyed it, maybe consider addressing that?

>Hasn't the majority of his work been proven incorrect?
Not in the sense that you can just dismiss him; he invented the whole field. Unless you read him you have any idea HOW he was incorrect.

Just read Civilisation and its Discontents before Foucault. It's short.

His stages of development are as obtuse any other stage of development theory. But his case histories are a good read.
The whole oedipal/elektra complex is mainly a victorian era syndrome becuase of how family life was back then.
But if you are trying to understand sexual trauma from a literary perspective i think he would directly apply.

Whats wrong with Kinset et al?

I never heard of it.

well that puts it in perspective. I don't think I need to bring the cops into this but I would like to better understand the gestalt of the situation and the mindset that allowed him to take advantage of me.

Sex affects parts of the brain that addiction does.
Sex drive/libido is in our primitive/reptilian brains. And considering how many mammals copulate by forcing themselves or the situation its not really a suprise why you gave in to the heat of the moment especially after being inebreated. Then finding yourself questioning what happened the night before.

Basically its hard to maintain concentration and focus when sex is involved, like wise its harder to nut when you are doing math problems in your head.

You friend either has an over active sex drive and/or repressed sexuality.
He was a dick and sounds like he uses sex and sexual graitification to assert dominance.

>I'm 100% straight.

Keep telling yourself that loser. Its called a defense mechanism, and if you have read Freud you would realise you're repressing your desire to suck cocks. Cocksucker.

His work is just a historical curiosity. His models are handy in the way Bohr's model is handy but applying psychoanalysis to an actual living human being should be punishable by law in this day and age.

I don't know anything about him other than that he came up with that scale that obsessed all the queers in my sophomore dorm
If that's his greatest achievement then I don't care about him
Not that I might otherwise care about him
Psychoanalysis is not something that interests me

bump

he was a faggot trying to apologize for all forms of sexual perversion (incest, rape, pedophilia, homosexuality) and got his just reward and died of AIDS
I do like that he calls out the "born this way" folk though

>Hasn't the majority of his work been proven incorrect?

Yes, as any kind of scientific authority he has been completely debunked.

See Frederick Crews - either his books on Freud, or his many articles debunking Freud published in the NY Review of Books, and available on their site (mostly behind a pay wall) - and the many authorities whom Crews cites.

Freud's remaining value is as a literary critic and sort of guru/wise man. People who, at this point, try to argue there's any science backing up Freud, however, are just being dishonest.

you're just repressing your unconscious impulses user

who cares? coke always makes me horny for all sorts of people i wouldnt normally be into. just accept that being "100% straight" is an unattainable Idea and stop worrying about the damage done to the fictitious self-image you have of your own sexual desires.

read about human evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology, too.

Foucault is good, but not the whole story.

>put yourself in an unnatural mental state
>be surprised when you do something unnatural

I can't be the only one who's jerked off to the Psychopathia Sexualis.

lmao

(but, as someone who has experienced """trauma""" early in adolescence and is coping with the effects it has had on libido, sexuality, and intimacy as he comes into early to mid adulthood, I am monitoring this thread)

>trauma
fucking kys you homo.
jerking some dude off is not trauma.

>Read freud
literally uninstall this board please

Is this representative of Veeky Forums?

yea, I do this every day

Make me faggot

read lacan

Matt ridley red queen

>I recently spent a night in with my good friend, lets call him Mr. X,
>never referred to again
what did he mean by this?

>"looks like you got a mess to clean up" and then he left.

>OP didn't ask him to stop or backed away and "maybe there was even a little tongue action"
>definite sexual assault
am I on tumblr?