Daily reminder Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, not politics/history/philosophy/"general humanities."

Daily reminder Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, not politics/history/philosophy/"general humanities."

Read some Shakespeare you faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

4chandata.org/q/terrible--lit--mod-a585624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that newfags should fuck off and lurk more.

I don't care about the "Jewish Question"
I don't care about "/pol/lution"
I don't care about if you read, or don't read, female authors.
I don't care about antifa.
I don't care about your meme elections in your meme country.
I don't care about what they're talking about on Reddit.
I don't care about what Jordan Peterson has to say about philosophy.
Fuck off with your shitposts.

literally none of the things plaguing Veeky Forums would be an issue if mods did their jobs and moved Phil threads to Veeky Forums. philposting is an open invitation for crossborders to come shit up this board.

Pro-tip: nobody cares what you care about. Fuck off back to your crabbit safe-space.

kys

i think it happens because the discourse on this board is a bit better than /pol/ or Veeky Forums, people come here and post philosophy because this board is less >niggers and jew and trump

except when you philfags come here to post about >showerthoughtphil the /pol/fags follow you and now this board is now also
>jews and niggers and sam harris and peterson

>Veeky Forums is for discussion of literature, not for discussion of these genres of literature
Fucking aesthetes are almost as bad as the Memerson fags.

>politics
>philosophy
>"general humanities"

>genres of literature

you, my r/t_d newfriend, might just be retarded

>ree don't discuss the specific type of literature I don't like
No one cares about your insecurities and deficiencies, illiterate nigger.

hello frogposter

Are you actually arguing that philosophy isn't a genre of literature?

I like philosophy a lot but it brings a lot of idiots who don't actually read it (why?)

i hardly ever come to this board any more, it's so much shitter than it used to be

Any /pol/posters need to be permanently banned and subsequently gassed.

Philosophy may or may not be a genre of literature, but that user is right in that philposting has without a doubt done more harm than good to this board in terms of attracting shitty threads a la Stirnerposting, Peterson, Sam Harris, Jew shit, etc. etc.

The pop definition/conception of "philosophy" is more or less equivalent to "thinking about shit [current events] and opining on it." It has very little to do with what literary/historical philosophy is. However, because the term used (philosophy) is the same for both of those, retards will see philosophy threads on Veeky Forums and take that as an open invitation to come here and spout their babble.

Hence, for the good of the board, philposting must be discouraged or HIGHLY moderated to be within the confines of literature discussion. Else it leads to what we see today.

>implying philosophical/political treatises aren't lit
>calling anyone who disagrees with you newfag, pol, rayddit or froposter for no reason
It's amazing how you embody all those things yourself, based retardbro.

>something has to be HIGHLY moderated because not everyone shares my opinions on what is acceptable discussion or not

What's damaging this board are the listeners of youtubers and podcasters with a fresh new interest in vaguely ''intellectual'' pursuits who judge themselves capable of participating in discussions they don't even understand. Back when Veeky Forums memed Wittgenstein and Stirner, it was still only as good as Veeky Forums can be (that is to say, not very good) but certainly better than this.

and those people are precisely the kind of posters who are most eager to defend "philposting" because they think talking about memerson = being a philosopher

Current philosophy and politics threads:
>French pomo phil
>Frankfurt school
>Foucault
>Russell
>Searle
>Evola
>Stirner
>Guenon
>Hitchens
>Weininger
What you are raging about:
>a single Harris thread
>a single thread about philosophy subreddits
You should stop tilting at windmills and try to maybe absorb something from those threads. Or start a literary discussion instead of this pointless meta reeing garbage. Overall you sound like an autistic newfag just out of his honeymoon period and discovering this isn't exactly a forum of Oxbridge Classics Faculty.

>French pomo phil
>Frankfurt school
>Foucault
>Russell
>Searle
>Evola
>Stirner
>Guenon
>Hitchens
>Weininger
all of these threads are cancer and you know it

There's just so few posts about books any more, and those that are about the same five or six books.

This is honestly the real issue. I couldn't care less what people discuss but when I'm on Veeky Forums I want to talk about books. I missed when Veeky Forums was a slower board and a comfy 10 reply thread can stay up for a week.

Now it's all fast moving 100+ reply Youtube threads talking about politics.

Evola, Stirner, Guenon, Hitchens, Weininger, and the Frankfurt School threads are all honestly probably worse than Ben Stiller threads

Those are completely fine and valid topics to discuss. Your particular disinterest in them is irrelevant.

It'd be fine if there was any real discussion instead of just "disguised" Jewbitching. You'd know if you clicked on any of them.

I don't get why you wouldn't discuss them on Veeky Forums though?
I mean, unless you were just talking about specific books.

lurk moar, faggot.

le mad old frogs are reeing over meta bread, tres trendee.

Yes. those are awful, bad and completely no good. What I like is:
>first page of Ulysses is too hard
>who's the most pretentious writer
>are virgins capable of producing art?
>how to get into Oxbridge?
>is Stephen king trash?
>mfw I like pop culture
>write what's on your mind
>reading on public transport
>am I a brainlet?
>DAE hate audiobooks?
>top books job major
>Mira Gonzalez
>how many syllables in "fire"
>verso
>have u ever emarrassed yourself
>how do you cope with death
>magic the gathering
>shelf photos
>tfw misunderstood genius
>shakespear baneposting
>foreign language thread
>inspirobot
>what should I give my gf
>how to pull and allnighter
>convince me to learn X
>meme metadiscussion
>rank the "big four"
>epub pdf conversions
>phonemics discussion
>superior because you read?
>tfw lost in this world
>lsat scores
Wake up, retarded nigger. This is Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is an offensive place? What a startling revelation...

Edgy memeposting and shitty misinformed bickering isn't any better in babby Tolstoyevsky threads than it is in philosophy threads. Your problem seems to be you are mistaking a funny pictures forum with some topical boards for a replacement to IRL clubs and institutions. Maybe join the latter and stop being autistic?

kek. The funny thing is that the philosophy threads are one of the only types of threads where people actually discuss stuff.

you guys know that you can start a thread about literature if you want to right? None of the shitty threads prevents you from making a good one. It sounds like you want all the benefits of a hard working board without doing any hard work yourself. If you guys dislike pol threads, then do some research and debate them. If you dislike philosophy threads, don't go into them. If you hate blogposts, ignore them. If you want to defend female writers, then actually do it. Don't be a lazy know nothing bitch who complains about lazy know nothing bitches.

nigger nigger nigger

with that out of the way, /pol/posters are just retarded and should fuck off to some stupid crawlspace. I would trade /mlp/ or /a/ influence over /pol/ any day. And I fucking hate children's cartoons.

and no, this isn't asking for a safe space. this is calling retards retarded and acknowledging that the discussion would be better without all the "muh jews"

see literature threads simply get pushed out now. the board is too fast.

very eye opening from 2013

4chandata.org/q/terrible--lit--mod-a585624

>4chandata.org/q/terrible--lit--mod-a585624
OP here, I made that thread too.

so do you feel things have gotten worse since then?

How was Shakespeare naturally immune to the psychic paper?

then bump or participate in them...

The trouble is people who actually read books don't come here any more. The board is basically unsalvageable, it just is what it is now.

>there are people who check my posts against the board's complete archives

Nah. The board was always like this except for a couple years in 10-12 when it was shitty genrefic discussion and babby elitism. In fact recently it got massively better after the election cycle teenagers have grown tired somewhat.

This is nothing but /pol/acks trying to defend the "can someone recommend me books for [politically charged bait topic] feel???" posts that've clogged the catalog here for the past year.

>Ummm excuse me, can we please get some respect instead of being banned
>yeah this behavior is so childish I'm asking a serious question and trying to learn and read more
>you can't solve all problems by opressing free speech, that's not what Veeky Forums's about
>*proceed to spray runny diarrhetic feces over everything that could've once been considered good when given the slightest leeway*

Most quality literature has to do with the former though.

>Philosophy
>not belonging on Veeky Forums
This is just an excuse to tell discussion of pro-capitalist literature to fuck off to /pol/.
How about no?

I am all in favor of banning discussion of meme philosophers without serious treatises. That includes Peterson, Harris, Rogan, Molyneux, etc., anybody who hasn't written something rigorous. If all you have is podcasts and YouTube videos, get the fuck out.

Ironically this means we could still discuss Land since he did write Fanged Noumena.

fuck off and lurk moar

Philosophy as a whole has very little reason to be on Veeky Forums. Just because it's written down doesn't make it literature. Philosophy's an excuse for shitposting, and in most cases should cop a ban.

>Just because it's written down doesn't make it literature.
Technically, it does.

by that logic we'd be discussing financial reports and SEC filings

Nigger this like saying nonfiction doesn't belong on Veeky Forums you unspeakable dipshit.

That'd be very po-mo of us.

nonfiction is for brainlets, and there are lot sof brainlets on Veeky Forums, so it belongs i guess

Read the sticky faggot

>over everything that could've once been considered good
God, why can't newfriends understand that Veeky Forums much like every board was never good. It was just a different kind of bad. Fucking stop idealizing your honeymoon period where stale memes were still fresh, shitposts still looked funny and the board seemed like a great place to waste your time on. It's not. It has never been. Your rose-tinted glasses are just off now. Much like with that obnoxious vain whore you used to tell people you love. Get over it.

it says that philosophical discussion on this board should be about specific philosophical works

Daily reminder that this board used to have the best discussion on Veeky Forums for all sorts of topics until they went and made Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums was a fucking mistake

Only the fake is real

"Veeky Forums was always bad" is a meme redditors post to justify shitting up boards. Popular boards were bad, interest boards were good. Go back to where you came from.

Veeky Forums was a great idea it just needs to be more extreme. i.e. move all philposting to Veeky Forums as well

then maybe merge Veeky Forums and /pol/ later

T. Spooked postmodernist Jewish muslim

I'm actually a proud Aryan who wants to stop all illegal immigration and take back control of the media from Jewish influence. But I don't want to talk about that on Veeky Forums, friend.

>proud Aryan
Yep, you're spooked. You're probably not even an Aryan anyway desu so you're lying to yourself even more

You sound insecure. you're probably not even aristocratic.

evert board on Veeky Forums belongs to /pol/.

>Literature isn't connected to politics or history

Which is precisely why /pol/ should be deleted. Cut the cancer out.

>unironically namefagging as discounter Bavaria
Queque.

There is non-fiction literature you retard, the only issue here is general philosophy thread vs. text threads.

Threads on various texts are fine, but 'wat do u tink off ___' threads do not belong here.
As an aside, 'muh shakespeare' twats need to leave too. I get it you're been colonized by *nglos. That doesn't mean we have to give a damn.

>ethics
>having any impact on aesthetics
LMAO
Aesthetics is the foundation.

your grammar is bad

Greentext has a different grammar than prose you knucklefucker

Aesthetics are, meme person.

lol

fpbp

t. numale cuck redditard

Reminder that /pol/ is not Politics as in the Ethics-fork branch of philosophy but is Topical Politics. The title of the board is "Politically Incorrect" and not "Politics" for a reason.
One is a perfectly Veeky Forums worthy topic.

I wish you a long life, but one in which all your friends desert you, and all your family dies.

Aesthetics are meme, person?

Yes sorry reddit, from now on no more racism and extreme-right discussion.

Also could we update that 100 best book list, I don't see Rowling or Harper in it!?

So all you faggot pissing on philosophy in favor of actual lit.
Let me ask you something.
How can you dicuss these works without becomeing philosophical?

Usually how "interpretation" threads go one user gives his interpretation and end up spoon feeding all the other anons in the thread, at which point they just start parroting the same interpretaiton over and over and over again.

And lit talks about authors more in the hisotrical context rather than their writing style.

To facts, I have never seen one fucking thread on hgere talking about allegory, metaphor, pathos, logos, or even bathos. No one talking about symbolism, or imagery.

You know what board does discuss that shit?
/tv/.

also your thread is self defeating OP since you are essentially arguing about the what a Veeky Forums board actually should mean.
If you want to have "quality" thread return to Veeky Forums I suggest you make those threads yourself, and put the effort in to keep those threads bumped to the front page, report all off-topic threads, and sage everything else.

You’d enjoy /r/books

practice as you preach, newfag

milkshakespeare

>muh free speech
cry moar

just stop

This.