Fiction dealing with religion

Do any of you know books where the story revolves around religion? And I don't mean in some minor way, nor that the themes and motifs are religious in nature. I mean works of fiction in which the main characters are members of a religious organization and they're stuck in a conflict that's directly related to that. No, "Oh, he's a priest, but he's in love with a woman, woe is me," type of shit. No Da Vinci Code conspiracy crap either.
I know there's a lot of Christfags on Veeky Forums so hope some of you can help me out. Though obviously it can be about Islam or Judaism, or any other religion under the sun. It can even be fantasy.

>Silence, Endo
>The Brothers Karamazov, Dostoyevsky
>Wise Blood, O'Connor
>The Name of the Rose, Eco

The bible

How the hell does the Brothers Karamazov count? Most of the characters aren't even all that religious.

The VALIS trilogy

It Devours! by the night vale crew. It details a member's beliefs in community and family clashing with the religion's (maybe) god attempting to devour the town.

A Canticle for Leibowitz
Narcissus and Goldmund

The way of a pilgrim. I love it dearly.

The bible while reading "Archetypes of the collective unconscious" by C.G. Jung

Read everything Milton wrote.

Pilgrims Regress

Religious themes and motifs. Dostoevsky was religious.

Bernanos, Diary of a Country Priest is very good.

JF Powers, Wheat that Springeth Green (this novel and virtually all of his books are about Catholic priests)

Brian Moore, Black Robe (Jesuit missionary priests in Canada; Moore makes rather clear that he does not like Jesuit missionary priests in Canada)

Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory ('whiskey priest' on the run from the authorities during period of anti-Catholic persecution in Mexico). Most of Greene's books turn on explicit Catholic themes, although only a couple have clerics as central characters.

Waugh, Brideshead Revisited (secular fellow becomes entangled with an old English Catholic family)

The Road

Willa Cather, Death Comes for the Archbishop. Deals mainly with a valiant and cultured priest in his missionary efforts throughout the midwest.
It's a lot better than I just made it sound.

>666
>the bible
>nobody has noticed this but me

>A Canticle for Leibowitz
This!

Have you read it? The whole book is extremely based on the topic lol.

Brothers Karamazov is a really good one.

Les Miserables

Father Sergius – Leo Tolstoy