So I know it's a meme but has anyone read it and what did you think?

So I know it's a meme but has anyone read it and what did you think?

archive.org/details/CultureOfCritique

kys

I thought it was interesting enough and not exactly what I expected. Fairly "moderate" (as far as these things go), even if the subject matter is the third rail of discussing critically. If I had to fault it for reasons besides particular political angles it'd be that it's predicated on certain fairly reductionist takes on history and the nature of culture and philosophy. It's missing the forest for the trees to some extent.
So overall I'd say it's nowhere near the silver bullet or smoking gun the alt-right memers who haven't read it would like it to be, and definitely not in line with the truly crazy occultist anti-Judaism, and though it's a crude and cliched "radical centrist" analogy, it is more accurate than not to call it the mirror image of racial politics criticising non-Jewish whites, just with a reversed reliance on biological determinism rather than social constructivism.

t. illiterate

Take this fucking anti-Semitic fuckshit back to /pol/

fpbp

good day you subhuman jew

That is an anti-goyim canard. I kindly advise you to read the fucking book or gtfo.

Ask the guy who started memeing this book anything. And no, I'm not a /pol/ retard, I just want this board dead.

It was written by a racist moralistic charlatan who doesn't like Jews or criticism to much.

Jewry was interested in wealth when Christianity still idealized poverty. Jewish moral-theology taught an extreme rationalism when Christians still believed in the Paulist-Augustinian notion of love. At the beginning of the capitalistic epoch, the Jews - because of their religion - were on an objectively much higher level than any Christian people.

Since heretics were excluded from public life they used their entire strength to perform economic activities. In heretical circles "money" was valued much more highly than in other groups of society. Money was their sole means to achieve power. Heretics in general always had the greatest role in banking, commerce and industry. Notice what happened where they were compelled to emigrate, the societies stagnated and never fully recovered.

You first.

Shit pasta.

_D

Choke on a gun, mongrel.

this

>projecting this hard

Kek

>choking this hard

>nonsense this hard

Get cancer and rot you fucking maggot.

Boo hoo

Kill yourselves, faggots. I've had enough of your bitching.

Choke on a knife, cunt

*curls up over your feet*
*purrs*
me no like kikes, mina-san =o.o=

Why?

Take your autism to /pol/, sperg. This is a literature board.

this isn't 9gag, user

>take that antisemitic book out of my literature board!
*hits your head with a spoon*

Ah, yes! What a great discussion we had. Slit your wrists.

Your mother shits my seed on your sheets everytime I visit. Cute gif, tho!

You first, user. Lead by example.

Your mother told me you're impotent and have a micropenis.

>no u

Sperg-tastic post, user!

Boy, jews really don't like this book. Probably means it's worth reading.

Such a nice thread!

shoo shoo, heebs
go play with the oven!

Don't be sad, user.

hats off brother kekistani!

Yes, I quite agree.

Is that all your money? Sad.

Kys samefag.

Keep shitposting and I'll let you suck on daddy's shotgun, user

>implying you wouldn't get in there for less than that

Steven Pinker says the book is a gigantic ad hominem therefore not worth his time. I agree

No to both charges.

How did I imply that? Of course I would. You're still poor and illiterate. Slit your wrists.

(cont.)

Because I can't think for myself.

Why are all you faggots posting? Is it because it's Saturday and you have no school? Is it because you're useless good-for-nothings? Is it because you didn't bother reading the rules, where it's cleary stated that you have to be over a certain age to post here? Seriously, read this fucking thread.

I'm doing quite well, thank you. Good luck with your fantasies.

It's the angry (((tribe))) trying to derail.

I'll leave that honor to you, user. You deserve it.

Holy shit, jews really are complete psychos. Look at how they react to a post about a fucking book about them. How can anyone be surprised that the west is falling to shit with people like this holding power in our countries.

This is the worse forced meme I've ever seen.

I agree. If the anti-CoC shills actually read the book, and then drew their conclusions, it would be far better.

He's not necessarily wrong and there is some truth to what he says.
The problem is he generalizes too much and ignores some historical contexts.
It's like writing a book about, say, Italians. Sure you'll get some things right, but you'll also miss a ton of stuff and the whole thing will be of questionable usefulness.

But it is presumed italians dont have as much national and international power.

Lets say America was and is a multicultural/multi nationality melting pot, and lets say its tenets are freedom and capitalism, and so there is x amount of nationality a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l etc,,, living in America.

Who can complain and why, about what really...freedom and capitalism are the only truths.... if nationality d has or y or q or b has 5% of the wealth and power or 40% or 70%?

Reminder that the first volume, A People that Shall Dwell Alone, received acclaim from both jewish and gentile scholars.
So it's not all just a meme friends.

I know Hitler gets a bad rap for burning books, but every copy of this book should be burned and everywhere on the internet people try to discuss this book should be disrupted

explains everything

lol

The second volume was fairly well received as well.

Fuck off back to /pol/ or your other anonymous crybox of choice with those trash brackets

>he said as he cried on an anonymous board

>scientific facts are social constructs
she's right, you know?

(OP)

Bazinga.

well i wanted to know how the book was

The amount of butthurt without argument should tell you that it's worth reading.

Thinking this might be the truth, actually. Most recommendations considered “memes” are treated with bored rejection. The reaction to this book seems very dynamic and organized.

this, I actually bough it the other day just because all the best books I've read are "controversial" on this board.

It’s funny that none of the people who have attacked TCoC in this thread have tried to refute it.

There's something so pathetic about this guy's physiognomy.

The disappointing thing is this book actually isn't what people on either side think it is.

bumping the thread with a tease
fuck you

Cum for boxxy

Did you come here this week? This forced meme has been getting posted twice a day for a while. At first there was some discussion among all the autism from both sides; now it's just spam, newfag.

To be fair, scientific facts ARE social constructs. Reality isn't made of "facts". It's made of what the facts point to. The map is not the territory.

one user up top read the book and replied everyone else here hasnt read it

>stop discussing a book on Veeky Forums

>There have been complaints that I am viewing Judaism in a monolithic manner. This is definitely not the case. Rather, in each movement that I discuss, my methodology has been:
>(1.) Find influential movements dominated by Jews, with no implication that all or most Jews are involved in these movements and no restrictions on what the movements are. For example, I touch on Jewish neo-conservatism which is a departure in some ways from the other movements I discuss. In general, relatively few Jews were involved in most of these movements and significant numbers of Jews may have been unaware of their existence. Even Jewish leftist radicalism—surely the most widespread and influential Jewish sub-culture of the 20th century—may have been a minority movement within Jewish communities in the United States and other Western societies for most periods. As a result, when I criticize these movements I am not necessarily criticizing most Jews. Nevertheless, these movements were influential and they were Jewishly motivated.
>(2.) Determine whether the Jewish participants in those movements identified as Jews AND thought of their involvement in the movement as advancing specific Jewish interests. Involvement may be unconscious or involve self- deception, but for the most part it was quite easy and straightforward to find evidence for these propositions. If I thought that self-deception was important (as in the case of many Jewish radicals), I provided evidence that in fact they did identify as Jews and were deeply concerned about Jewish issues despite surface appearances to the contrary.
>(3.) Try to gauge the influence of these movements on gentile society. Keep in mind that the influence of an intellectual or political movement dominated by Jews is independent of the percentage of the Jewish community that is involved in the movement or supports the movement.
>(4.) Try to show how non-Jews responded to these movements—for example, were they a source of anti-Semitism?

We aren't allowed to talk about jews.

Show me three (3) posts that talk about the book, mongrel.

It would be a better forced meme?

Actually yes. It is a necessary presupposition in sociological and philosophical study of science, since the researchers cannot accurately assess the validity of various competing theories in the field that they study. Of course it is misinterpreted by brainlets and used to sell their middle-brow ideologies

Read the book or die, fucking cuck.

it was shit

stop shilling it. you're damaging the board

of course there aren't many. /leftypol/ attempted to derail the thread from the very first reply

Nice boogeyman

what is shit about it?

Leftypol, right. Half the people who've posted are jews screeching so loud I can hear them through the screen.

This shall be the one good post

>Steven Pinker says the book is a gigantic ad hominem therefore not worth his time.

That's just a rubbish excuse for not wanting to address the arguments in the book, and wanting to trash it at the same time so that no one else will read it.

Pinker didn't even read it. MacDonald discussed this again recently on his site: www.theoccidentalobserver.net