Dear Atheists:

Dear Atheists:

If God doesn't exist, how come I know he exists?

Checkmate

I have a clear and distinct hatred of anyone who disrespects my boy Rene.

God exists by definition, and no learned person argues that. The Christian god, however, is an absolutely foolish concept. Believing in the Christian god these days is akin to believing in Zeus or Baal.

existence is not a property, the only things that exist "by definition" are tautologies which are true by virtue of being analytic truths.

God doesn't exist, God is

>X exists by definition but X is also foolish
Doesn't that mean that fools are wise?

Thanks Gaunilo

anytime anselm ;^)

What the fuck us truth? Until you can answer that question, all of philosophy is moot.

Truth means correspondence with the fact (which is a complex unity with relations) with wich we are acquinted with.

this is one of the most obtuse definitions i have ever read
when you say truth is correspondence with the fact one is acquainted with, what is the thing to which the fact corresponds to?

That argument actually makes sense through some epistemologies (e.g. Plato's) tho.

>fact
Still not defined. Fuck off, STEMsperg.

I think OP is calling himself god

>how come I know he exists?
You don't. It is self-evident that your signifier exists. The same cannot be said for the signified. Checkmate brainlets.

This.

Roasted

yes, yes, very good reny, however..

1 - The idea of God exists. Not God itself (gib pruf).
2 - You believe in God's existance, not know about it, there's a difference.

>God exists by definition
Are you referring to the cosmological argument? Because I believe Kant disproved that

How can a philosopher be so fucking fat?

Why was hume such a baller

I didn't realize no one here had ever read any philosophy whatsoever. I thought you might have at least read "A Very Short Introduction" or something...

reading is bluepilled af desu sempai

>What the fuck us truth?
Is there really a point in defining a term that everyone already understands? It would just be a waste of time.

What makes you think you know He exists?

>something came from nothing

The worst idea that only a scientist could believe

God doesn't exist, because things that exist have at least a theoretical possibility to be observed at some point in time. But God supposedly 'exists' beyond time and space, eg. he does not exists in the sense that everything else does.

But how can that be if I wrote this post and I do not know that he exists.

I could theoretically perceive god just as well as I could theoretically perceive unicorns. You're advocating ayers elimination of metaphysics which has been blown out.

why is he so repulsive?

>You're advocating ayers elimination of metaphysics which has been blown out.

Care to elaborate?

Descartes was a genius

But meditations III & IV are retarded as fuck and you should know this

All knowledge resolves itself into probability. ... In every judgment, which we can form concerning probability, as well as concerning knowledge, we ought always to correct the first judgment deriv'd from the nature of the object, by another judgment, deriv'd from the nature of the understanding.

Ayer believed that metaphysical statements are nonsense because they do not have any sensorial component to verify their truth value. Quine does a lot of the heavy lifting of destroying positivism in "Two Dogmas" by showing that it is impossible to reduce sense data to a logical language. This in turn extends to his naturalized epistemology which is basically the idea that the only things that can be spoken of metaphysically are what science allows us to. So, this would be a good move for you to make, rather than relying on perception. There are also moves against this though.

>things that exist have at least a theoritical possibility to be observed at some point in time
do you understand why we live in the OBSERVABLE universe you fucking retard

Explain

>DO PHILOSOPHY
>Until then, you can't do philosophy!

Thanks, this is interesting.