Reading on the train

>reading on the train

Is there anything more pretentious, more attention-seeking?

>Is there anything more pretentious, more attention-seeking?
posting that image

careful bugs. ...

OP... easy on the shitposts.

Fuck off, my commute is long and I want to spend that time reading. It's way better than shoving my face in a portable skinner box.

How often does this thread get posted here? It feels often

Pretty normie security, tbqh.

Wait did we ever finish that other book or did it die?

Making threads to get attention.

>the train
>not owning a car
cash up, Veeky Forums.

>why yes, of course I waste my three hours of daily commute, w-wouldn't want anyone to think I want their attention or a-anything, r-right?

Easy

>OP can't read in a moving vehicle
Lel

tfw I actually spend 3 hours a day on a train :(

Finished more books this way than during my studies.

These threads have made me so insecure that I now only read smaller books on the train and try to hold them in such a way that no one can see the cover so I dont come off as a braggard

I always do that but I don't think reading on the train is pretentious if the journey is more than 20 minutes.

Come on, loads of people read on the train

When I find myself aboard public transport I have taken to staring at my smartphone with a book app open. In this way the NORMIES think I am communicating with friends, browsing tinder or updating one of my many social media profiles, while in reality I am 1035 pages through the 4757 pages of War and Peace and beginning to bite back the rising tide swell of vomit. Reading on the train fucking sucks

There's nothing wrong with reading in public, you pussies.

I was once lent a book during my summer job. When school started again, I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish it, because I was an English major and I would have a lot of other reading to do. But I finished it... on the shitter. Every time I had to take a shit, I took that book with me. And I finished that motherfucker entirely on the shitter. There's a lot to be said for taking advantage of the small nuggets of time you have.

That's why I've read so much while on the train lately.

>There's a lot to be said for taking advantage of the small nuggets
heh

Lol. Wasn't even intentional.