Can anyone redpill me on camus's absurdism?

Can anyone redpill me on camus's absurdism?

>redpill
>Camus

>redpill
>To open someone's eyes and mind to the secret truth of something important.

So are you not familiar with him and his "absurdism"?

it's shit don't waste your time

yeah I know, i agree with you, but my fucking friendo won't shut his fucking mouth about on how absurdism is the best shit ever. Could you elaborate why it is shit since I am not sure in its entirety what absurdism is.

How did you get here?

Wat? Dude just tell me what the fuck is absurdism in a nutshell, please.

Just read The Myth of Sisyphus and leave us alone.

It's like a silly google.

Not him, but

Absurdism (Camus):
The belief that the universe may have a purpose, but if there is one, we can not understand its purpose. As in, like a 2 dimensional being trying to see 3 dimensions, or a blind person trying to see, we can not see past our own universe, so the purpose of the universe must exist outside of this world, and thus there is no possible hope or way we could ever understand it. Camus also believes that people trying to understand something they can't understand is the cause of chaos and pain. It leads to suicide, many religions, and a concession (give up) that we truly are not capable of comprehending the true reality which exists beyond this world. He tells us to do neither of the first two, but to accept the absurdity because realizing that we cannot understand anything objectively will allow us to stop the pain that is trying to figure out that which we never will, and instead just live.

tell him to >start with the greeks

Literally kys

>fuckin stairs man its just a fall down just push everyone else off and give them the safe version
>fuck algerians
>I dindue nuffin
>flashbacks where anime characters suffer

I gave you your answer are you happy now? Absurdism basically says to accept that trying to understand the universe is futile, no one on Earth understands anything actually, and the fact that they think they can is what drives them all insane. Camus tells everyone to accept that you can't figure out the truth even if there is some greater truth which exists, he thinks it is impossible to ever know it, and accepting that and not trying to die, or accept beliefs as objective, he says that is the first step to living a free life.

you don't choose to understand absurdism, absurdism chooses you, and forces you to understand it

The search for meaning is the meaning. It's really not philosophy at all and Camus is not that great of a writer.

I mean, it's more like "This is what I think, it might be wrong" rather than a coherent philosophy. Camus never considered himself a philosopher. I enjoyed his essays because of this, I didn't expect any great revelations, just his take on a certain subject.

>redpill
Learn to articulate outside of excruciating xd memes, you fucking trog. Fucking hell you’re a cunt.

Shut the fuck up loser.

The philosophical equivalent of this meme, being about life.

This is why it pisses me off when people mistakenly see Camus as "babbys first philosophy". He is just a writer who writes about life being somehow pointless.

he's right tho

does anyone actually use phrases like "redpill" irl?

that would be sad

Camus's absurd isn't the absurdity of the world, but that of the confrontation between its irrationality and man's desire for clarity/meaning.
The absurdity isn't in the world or man, but in their simultaneous presence.
To him, one of the only valid philosophical stances is revolt. Not to change everything, it's more or less pointless, but to truly live.
Basically, lucidity, challenges, freedom and passion.
I would say it's kind of a hedonistic answer to edgy postmodernists, but one that includes hardships as part of the necessary and somehow enjoyable experiences of life.

No, it wouldn't seem hedonistic to anyone who's read The Stranger. Stop trying to score internet points by bashing on the admittedly shit Pomos. Your post was arguably almost decent to that point.

Reading this for some reason reminded me of cosmic horror. Was Camus a Lovecraft fan?

he IS RiGhT ThO

read a book nigga

/pol/tards and their stupid lingo BTFO!
reminder not to use your silly Petersonian buzzwords out of your homeboard, loser

6/10 needs more boulder

>The amount of butthurt this harmless little meme is making
Kek

What about you read Camus instead of asking people to "redpill" you, you fucking brainlet

this, none of his stuff is particularly long or difficult (or good)

The Plague is an excellent novel.

The problem I've always had absurdist is that suicide seems like the only truly viable option. Religion just makes you a slave, and doing anything knowing that it is irrelevant just feels foolish.

*with absurdism

Have you read The Myth of Sisyphus? Camus deals at length with suicide as a response to the absurd.

I have a copy of it, but haven't read it yet.

I would suggest reading it in light of your feelings. Whether you find his conclusions persuasive will ultimately be up to you, but that is the work where he explicitly addresses the question of suicide in relation to the absurd. I would also argue that The Plague also actually demonstrates a pretty anti-suicidal ethos of confronting the absurd, but as it is a novel, the specificity of the response is a little less explicit.

I would try to give you a rundown of TMoS, but I haven't actually read it in almost five years and I wouldn't want to misrepresent his arguments by accidentally conflating them with my own ideas or those of other texts I've read since.

The my of sisyphus talks about suicide, and how it isn't a worthy response, you goddamn trogolodyte

But you can say the same about any of the options. In fact, there is an argument that if you go with the later two, you are basically choosing Nietzsche's herd morality. They are both basically rejecting the fact life has no meaning.

For Camus suicide is only negation of absurdity instead of a solution

How is negation not a solution?

It's the babby's fault not his but that doesn't mean we can't shame the babby

lmao just shoot the arab sysiphus i mean come one what are you? sad? just imagine urself as happy lmao just kill urself it's sooo absurd my dude