Ten Little Niggers

Why don't we talk about Agatha Christie here? She's the most translated author of all time. Ten Little Niggers was her best-selling and masterpiece work.

ow the edge, cut my finger

Here I come to save this thread

Any other examples of a work being re-edited or re-titled to be more socially acceptable for modern times?

because she's popular

So is Shakespeare.

Nigger of Narcissus

Is there any more Nigger-core books?

Here in Germany we had a debate on editing older childrenā€˜s books with words considered to be racist, Pipi Langstrumpf by Astrid Lindgren for example.

>they renamed Negerkuss into Schokokuss
America was a mistake.

The Pale Horse has saved more lives/killed more people and there're plenty that are more stylistically valuable (or better researched)

I have to say though, the Identity adaptation caught me by surprise because of the title changes.

>We have to ban and revision things we don't like
What is it with Krauts and authoritarianism

> most translated
Joke's on you, because it loses the modern English meaning of "n-word" in translation. There was nothing to be outraged about.

They are a simple-minded people, they need the government to tell them what to think and do.

>what is the dutch east india company
>what's the difference between senegal and morocco ?
>who are the belgians?
>why does everywhere tropical have portuguese speakers?
fuck off americunt

What?

I said that in that case "little niggers" had been just a diminutive, not a racial slur, and translators had naturally chosen the suitable words that had had zero obscene additives (that is likely to be true for most languages spoken in regions that had little to none contact with black slaves). While the perception of the title shifted in English, nothing of that happened in other languages.

>Are their any more Nigger-core books?
Dude, "books" is plural so you should use "are."

>I said that in that case "little niggers" had been just a diminutiv
m8, there's a reason they've had to change the title from negres, negertjes and negerlein, and it's not because you can say nigger in those languages. mainland portuguese wouldn't publish it with nigger in the title, though brazilian portuguese where they used kill more than the US south did publish it with slurs. all those places have a longer slave trade than the US, and much longer and more complex relationships with calling people niggers in a derogatory fashion, which is why the English racial term originates in those languages. because they learnt it from those countries.

do they not teach the age of exploration in your society? i'm pretty sure you're just an americunt having a special snowflake amurrica first in all things moment, considering you think you would get stabbed in marseilles faster than new york/london for the connotations.

>would get stabbed
would not get stabbed

> i'm pretty sure you're just an americunt
No, I just live somewhere where negroes have always been irrelevant.

>comparing Shakespeare to Agatha Christie
If you don't really see why one is more discussed than the other, you might be brain dead. Dumb nigger.

I'm not black.

a well insulated basement?

>think you would get stabbed in marseilles for the connotations
>implying you need to do anything besides walking around peacefully to get stabbed in Morocco's northernmost city

looking metropolitan helps, but yeah.

"The Artificial Nigger," by Flannery O'Connor, short story