Other urls found in this thread:

davereis.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

>2 years
>every day or two
> everything. aphorism, dreams, scenes

I did once.

I maintained it for about two weeks before I'd completely run out of things to say about any given topic, and given the repetitious nature of my day-to-day life, was recording the weather and my dinner and little else.

I stopped.

I've written for about two and a half years.

I try to write at least one entry in one of them weekly. Sometimes I'll write daily for two weeks straight, other times three weeks will go by without me even thinking about it.

I have a few different journals. One is for dreams, one is for ideas, and one is for what's going on in my life/feelings.

why do you keep them separate?

I did a little in 2016 but gave up, then started in January and have been writing since
I wrote more in the summer when school was out, now writing competes with my actual schoolwork. Used to be almost every day
I try my hand at a lot of stuff, and have meant to start writing short stories but haven't gotten around to it

no. i live an incredibly boring life so the handful of entries that i made were all basically talking about how miserable i was, which is fine if like i were actually in some kind of precarious situation, but i'm just some 20-something year old with low self esteem who treats every awkward situation as the end of the world. even i got tired of my whining.

André Gide kept a journal for 60+ years. He recorded everyday life and ideas about writing. Great narrator.

On a side note, one of the characters in Les Faux Monnayeurs (The Counterfeiters) is a novelist who has really abstract ideas about literature being more about ideas than reality, and ironically many events in the story are revealed to the reader via a journal of his which he admittedly writes out of diligence

Yes, but mostly to keep track of when im feeling shit, what caused it, and how to prevent it from happening again

what notebooks do you journalpeople recommend?

I use a sketchpad. The paper is as thick as card-stock, so you can use any pen without bleed-through. Plus: It's art, right?

I have one. It's uninspired, so I don't write much in it. I had one that was quite inspired but I threw it away.

Dollar store composition notebooks

I write several. I have a diary I've kept since I was 12 years old, and anyone who has a similar diary knows the pain of rereading it. I also have been writing creatively in various journals since I was in high school, so almost 14 years now, though I am much less frequent with my entries since I graduated college some years ago.

Whatever suits your fancy. I've used those cheap school spiral notebooks and I've used hard cover journals with heavy sketch paper. Use whatever is most comfortable and allows you to write easiest, because writing by hand is very tiring compared to typing. Every little bit helps for increasing your stamina.

I keep one. Though I never write about what I have been doing, just about my thought and experiences.
I ramble on a lot and use it only when I get inspiration, which happens only a couple of times a week.

I recently started writing a journal again. I started last year but went a few weeks/months in between not writing anything. Right now I'm at it again.
Ideally I'd like to write a short account of my day every night, but there are usually a couple of days in between each entry. I write about what has happened, how I feel about topics I had been thinking about that day, and upcoming events.

I was at the Bebelplatz in the OP pic last year, on a date with a qt. She broke my heart and 70% of my journal is about her.

I've been keeping a journal since october of last year (the anniversary is coming soon); I'm on my third right now and I hope finish it and start a fourth one in November. Most of the time I try to write a page at least two to two days, but sometimes I've depressive phases where I don't write for weeks.
Most of the time, I write about my days, my mood, about people, what I drink, ect. Sometimes I write about my future or write my opinion on certain famous people on that day.
I try to buy fancy notebooks because most of them have really good paper. (Also had some art on my journal to illustrate my days.) Please do not fall for MOLESKINE meme, their notebooks are shit.

What kind of notebooks? Like what specifically.

I want to keep a journal, but only when my life is interesting enough for there to be good content. I wonder when that will be.

2 lines, each day, the things I did that day and the date.

Like jp morgan did.

I have a word document. Whenever I feel extremely emotional about something or sometimes randomly when im drunk I just write everything that comes into my head for a couple hours working myself up more and more. A few days latter I force myself to read over the whole thing and wonder if I was actually being sincere or was just pretending. Very surreal feeling to read stuff I don't remember writing because I was blackout drunk.

>my inner most secrets

My first journal was an A5 teNeues and I believe it's one of the best notebooks that I had. It's glued bound and it has this amazing bled-free paper, which is yellowish, so it might bother some, but it doesn't bother me. My second was a Moleskine, which the paper is shit and almost all my pens bled a lot. My third is from a local Portuguese company. In Portugal there's a lots of stationary companies who make the best notebooks with the best paper, either spiral bound, glue bound, whatever. Inforturnately I forgot what company was my notebook. The paper was really white and kinda overwhelmed me, but, like I said, you might have a different opinion.
For my fourth journal, I bought an A5 Leuchtturm. For what I noticed, it's just slighly better than the Molestine, but I've to tested.

>daily
>15 minutes
>hand written
>alternate between given topics and free writing
It is the best thing you can do to get over writer's block or just that anxiety of starting something. I started it in middle school and have done it off and on since then.

not him but it might help with lucid dreaming if your dream journal is separate from journals that talk about reality

I've got one going now starting from March of this year, 141 pages and counting.

its fun. Sometimes i'll skip a day or 2, then write 600 words in one shot. depends on whats going on

>but only when my life is interesting enough for there to be good content. I wonder when that will be.

relying on IRL is for hacks. some of the greatest writers have been complete shut-ins

I have one. It's sort of a recollection of literature works of mine
davereis.blogspot.com/